• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's make things interesting

Years
  • Who here doesn't like learning? Obviously, it depends on the subject! What you like learning about and why? I love marine biology, ecology, art, and maybe other things that I haven't looked into yet.

Marine biology is cool because there are still a lot of mysteries involving it, ecology is cool because delicate balances reveal how special each creature is, and art is cool because it gives me a way to express my wild imagination (although I only like spriting. I make a lot of mistakes, so it's much easier and cleaner for me to simply hit "undo" on the computer rather than having to erase on a paper.)

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I want to learn more about psychology. Mental health problems affect a lot of people, myself included, which makes me want to learn more about how it all works. Why do we turn out the way we did, how it works in our heads, etc.

And art I agree, I like drawing, haven't done it since September though. But I want to improve and become really good.

Years
  • I want to learn more about psychology. Mental health problems affect a lot of people, myself included, which makes me want to learn more about how it all works. Why do we turn out the way we did, how it works in our heads, etc.

And art I agree, I like drawing, haven't done it since September though. But I want to improve and become really good.

Luckily for me, I'm a pretty healthy person all around and somewhat good at spriting (if you want my perspective). Good luck with both those things.

Sirfetch’d

I want to learn other languages. Finding the time to actually do so is what has always stopped me :[

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Competitive play, Psychology, Game Design, programming, etc.; those are pretty much all things that I like teaching myself and they all take a lot of time, as well, because there is just so much to every one of them.

Years
  • Competitive play, Psychology, Game Design, programming, etc.; those are pretty much all things that I like teaching myself and they all take a lot of time, as well, because there is just so much to every one of them.

Game design/programing would be cool but I'm not quite devoted enough to put much of the knowledge to use, so I'd rather not learn it. When it comes to competitive play, I'm all in! If you want, we could have a match in PS sometime. As for psychology, I don't see how that information would help me much personally. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • More languages (which runs the gambit of Persian, Arabic, French and Chinese; ya hablo espanol) and political science. The world's one hell of a place.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • I want to learn other languages. Finding the time to actually do so is what has always stopped me :[

I'd like to learn more languages as well. That way I'd be able to communicate with more people!

More languages (which runs the gambit of Persian, Arabic, French and Chinese; ya hablo espanol) and political science. The world's one hell of a place.

https://www.duolingo.com/ or if you have money https://uk.babbel.com/ or if you want to learn Japanese there are about 345983405349683 sources.

Go go go go go go go go go!

I spend every day of my life learning. Just today I was learning how to play the piano. I really want to learn how to play the piano because I've been entranced by it ever since childhood.

Years
  • https://www.duolingo.com/ or if you have money https://uk.babbel.com/ or if you want to learn Japanese there are about 345983405349683 sources.

Go go go go go go go go go!

I spend every day of my life learning. Just today I was learning how to play the piano. I really want to learn how to play the piano because I've been entranced by it ever since childhood.

The rules state that this forum "is not a platform to sell goods or services." I don't think links like those are allowed, but I could be wrong if I misinterpreting the rule as being limited to a more direct approach of showcasing the product. If I'm wrong, disregard this. If you're unsure yourself, it's best to inform a mod so you know this is okay, assuming you haven't already.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I enjoy learning, actually. It helps me improve as a person. It also gives me a sense of pride because I was able to do something I didn't know I could do. One thing I love learning most about would be writing. If I can learn more ways to write, it gives me more confidence in it as well. I'm always worrying that I'm this horrible writer. :c

Bay

Years
  • I enjoy learning, actually. It helps me improve as a person. It also gives me a sense of pride because I was able to do something I didn't know I could do. One thing I love learning most about would be writing. If I can learn more ways to write, it gives me more confidence in it as well. I'm always worrying that I'm this horrible writer. :c

I think it's pretty normal for writers to feel that way. I know I get that "my writing isn't good" mentality on a constant basis due to my low self-esteem. I'm sure though your writing will keep improving as long as you keep up with learning about it. =)

As for me, I still like learning economics as I studied it back when I was in college. It's been a while since I used it, though.

Years
  • I like learning about technology, and what makes them tick. For some reason, I have a knack for the small parts of things....ask shenanigans, we've had some pretty interesting conversations about cellular biology before and and I rarely delve into the subject of biology much!

What are the smal parts that make both man and machine tick? How do they interact with other parts? Is there any way we can manipulate them, and if so, how? In what manner can we manipulate them? How do they behave in their natural setting? It's these things that I want to have to answer to, but it's more than that. For technology, I want to know more about information security. What are the measures that we need to take to keep information safe within our databases? What are some mechanisms that one can take to ensure the utmost protection against hackers? etc etc...

That's nice to know, except you didn't explain why you take interest in it.

Years
  • I can't really explain why...it's something I've always had passion for. Technology, and everything within it, affects us in our day to day lives, and it's only going to get more and more advanced as the days go by. I cannot allow myself to grow up in an era uninformed about technological advancements. It's as simple as that, really.

I actually consider that enough of a reason. Our constant need to make advancements shows that we may never be completely satisfied, but that's what keeps life interesting. I just hope a proper borderline can be drawn that determines how much power a mere human is worthy of. The speed at which technology can change the world is all too familiar.

Back