• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sacrifice Challenge 2.0.

Years
  • Rules:

*Jak scroll to the bottom*
    1. You may only have 8 pokemon at a time (6 if your playing Brutal, 9 if your playing Legendary)
    a. You can not catch a pokemon if you have the maximum number of pokemon.
    b. If your number of pokemon some how exceeds the limit, you must kill one of the pokemon to make it reach the maximum again.
    c. Dead pokemon do not could towards your limit of pokemon.
    2. You must sacrifice a pokemon whenever you obtain a gym badge.
    a. Your 2 weakest pokemon can not be sacrificed. Weakness is determined by level. If 3 or more pokemon have the same level, their weakness is determined by their base stat totals. If they have the same base stats, it's whoever has the most powerful move (highest attack power)
    b.This rule doesn't apply for legendary mode.
    3. You may not have the same species of pokemon in your 8 allowed pokemon.
    a. Ex: you can't have two pidgeys.
    b. Dead pokemon do not con't as duplicates.
    4. The challenge ends when you defeat the elite four and champion.
    a. You also have to beat Red on Mt. Silver in Silver, Gold, Crystal, Soul Silver, and Heart Gold.
    b. You must defeat Alder in Black and White.
    c. You must defeat Stephen in Emerald
    d. In ROM hacks, beat what is considered "The Final Boss"
    5. Legendaries are allowed. (optional)
    a. You can not use legendaries with base stats over 600
    b. Legendary Birds, Legendary Beasts, Legendary Golems, Lake Guardians, Legendary Musketeers, Thundrus, and Tornadus are all allowed.
    c. You may only have one allowed legendary in your 8 possible pokemon.
    d.Legends are only allowed for the elite 4.
    e. You must kill all legendaries that do not fit this list. Ex: In Heart Gold you must kill Ho - oh.

Brutal:
    Brutal rules use rules 1,3,4, and 5 normally, except you may not catch legendaries at any circumstances and you may only have 6 pokemon at a time.Also, the 3 weakest pokemon in your party have immunity from sacrifice (2 if you are feeling wimpy)

Legendary:
    Legendary rules are the same as brutal, except you are only alowed to catch 9 pokemon (20 in Johto games) in the entire play through. That means you will have to beat the elite four with only one pokemon. If you only have one pokemon surviving at the end of a gym, you have to sacrifice said pokemon, thus losing the game.

Lore:
    You do not have to use this plot but I think it's kind of cool. Basically, your character is cursed by Giritina so that one of his pokemon will die everytime he gets stronger. His weaker pokemon are immune because Giritina will only take the soul of a strong pokemon. The only way you can overcome the curse is by overloading Giritina with power, which means training your pokemon to the highest level possible. Defeating the champion makes you the strongest trainer in the world, so the curse is reverted. It's cheesy, I know, but I needed some explanation other than the trainer being a sociopath to make sense of the sacrificing. You can really use any lore you want, if any.

Misc Rules:
    Misc rules are rules you don't have to use, just optional ones that are kind of neat.
    1. If you encounter Giritinap, you may sacrifice your 2nd strongest pokemon when you fight Giritina. In exchange, you may get any pokemon from your RIP box and replace thesacrificed pokemon with said revived pokemon.
    2. You have to nickname all your pokemon.
    3.If you are posting this challenge on Youtube, you can choose 3 possible pokemon sacrifices and make your audience comment which one should be sacrificed.

How To Sign Up:

The Format:
    Username:
    Game(s):
    Rules:

My Signup
    Username: Voltz.
    Game(s): Pokemon Glazed, Pokemon Light Platinum, Pokemon Emerald.
    Rules: Brutal

Legends (people who beat it on legendary mode.)

Spoiler:

Have Fun!

PS: Jak I removed rule #1 so it plays differently from a Nuzlocke. I just didn't like the idea of this challenge being a nuzlocke.
    Sorry Im bugging you.

-voltz.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • So you can catch as many pokemon from 1 route aslong as you don't go over 8?

I think this challenge is a bit too easy but I am in.

Will play on Emerald.

Question: What happens if a pokemon faints? Can you just revive it?
    Question: What happens when you take on the E4?

ChaosSigma0

How do I change this stupid username?
    Years
  • Question: Are HM slaves allowed, apart from the max amount? Or is the Walk Through Walls cheat allowed...?

I ask this because...
    If I'm playing this on Legendary mode, and I beat all 8 gym Leaders, I can't traverse Victory Road without without the necessary HMs on a PKMN.

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • Username: welsknight
    Game(s): Platinum
    Rules: Standard

Totally using that Giratina backstory to do this in Pokemon Platinum and putting this on my Youtube channel.

EDIT: Here are the first 5 videos in my challenge run so far!

Last edited:
    Back