• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Well, it would be uber, ou, uu, nu, however it needs a better overlook than smogon is doing at the moment. For example, Garchomp. Garchomp doesn't seem uber to me. I think PC can honestly make their own tiers for battling.

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
    Years
  • in that case, you are right. I have battled with one, an the thing that makes it not uber is its extreme weakness. Also, for me its fairly easy to kill.

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
    Years
  • Garchomp would be in every team =/ therefore every team would carry a counter and clever people would carry a counter to that counter.
    any other OU threats would either be carryed or counters to that threat would be carryed (go theory's) And I quite like OU as it is although waynaught shouldent be uber xD. and blissey should. just my opinions I personally have a Garchomp EV'ed from when it was OU.

But away from garchomp cos im no good at the argument - If we made our own teir list people would still go to smogon for their sets everyone dose it so we would have to make our own take on that too IMO otherwise it would just annoy people and half the Tourney's would be played with "smogon Teirs" half with PC Teirs and some wouldent specify then accuse you.

I like the Idea But am a pacifist and to do this we would have to be very thoughrough aswell as give it enough publicity.

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
  • Blissey as an uber would just be plain stupid as it only does one job not like ubers do which they perform multiple jobs such as dialga; who can be a supporter, spec's, banded, mixed, special sweeper, physical sweeper, or bulk up and has all around good stats unlike blissey who has two good stats.

I do think PC tiers would be awesome though.

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
    Years
  • OMG how can u say blissey isent Ubor lol I was always half joking I just hate and I mean HATE blissey
    And as Ive said PC teirs would need a helluvalotta work and Be mostley the same as smogon

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    It would take a lot of work, but I think it would be a cool alternative to smogon. On Garchomp, I haven't had any problems dealing with it. (may get scolded for this) I actually think salamence is more powerful than chomp, not only does it has intimidate which is very useful, but it does mix attack very well. Blissey isn't uber, ou definitley. Blissey has no defense and if its hit with stab physical it goes down.

On side note, I'm thinking about going ahead and getting soul silver now. Anyone got the japanese versions?

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
  • It would take a lot of work, but I think it would be a cool alternative to smogon. On Garchomp, I haven't had any problems dealing with it. (may get scolded for this) I actually think salamence is more powerful than chomp, not only does it has intimidate which is very useful, but it does mix attack very well. Blissey isn't uber, ou definitley. Blissey has no defense and if its hit with stab physical it goes down.

On side note, I'm thinking about going ahead and getting soul silver now. Anyone got the japanese versions?

Ironically Garchomp's ability is the one that got it into ubers because of people whining sand veil hax and when their ice beams hit yache lets it live.

I am 99% sure Kamui has the japanese HG.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • Smogon tiers work fine. As thomas already said though, Garchomp didn't get sent to No'4 Uber Lane for being powerful, it was the combination of that, and its over-centralisation of the meta-game based on its ability. It is the same reason that Manaphy mainly failed to make it into OU.

Last edited:

Detox

I'm curious here, but how many wish there was an alternate force to challenge the smogon tiers? In my opinion we need another entity with their own set of tiers that way there's more of an option. It seems in recent months smogon has really messed with the tiers a little much. Leaves you scratching your head.

@crimsonstorm:
    what would the tiers be like? it seems like a good idea

Well, it would be uber, ou, uu, nu, however it needs a better overlook than smogon is doing at the moment. For example, Garchomp. Garchomp doesn't seem uber to me. I think PC can honestly make their own tiers for battling.

in that case, you are right. I have battled with one, an the thing that makes it not uber is its extreme weakness. Also, for me its fairly easy to kill.

Blissey is easily killed by physical attackers. But maybe i never faced a good blissey...

It would take a lot of work, but I think it would be a cool alternative to smogon. On Garchomp, I haven't had any problems dealing with it. (may get scolded for this) I actually think salamence is more powerful than chomp, not only does it has intimidate which is very useful, but it does mix attack very well. Blissey isn't uber, ou definitley. Blissey has no defense and if its hit with stab physical it goes down.

When I thought this thread was getting just a bit better, you guys shot it right back down with your "WORDZ OF WIZDOM"

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • We don't need a tier list. ;o; Please stop. Smogon tests, even if it's filled with a bunch of idiots (as we seem to see them as), the members/voters use statistics as well as personal experiences to arrive at their voting conclusion. It's flawed by opinion, that's for sure, but it's the closest thing to a perfect tier list anyone on the internet will ever come to. Making a PC tier list would be stupid anyway, because a large number of our members are ill-informed and terrible at battling *is speaking of many more than just myself*.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • well, i just want a new teir system.

@bottompartofthepost
    yuck

I don't believe you've made a statement as to why you want a new tier list. I've simply seen you claim that it would be a good idea and fun to make with no reason to back it up. I'm becoming an ass, and I'm sorry for that. V_V

We do not need our own tier list. I guarantee that just about all the pokemon will end up in the same slots as they are now. Garchomp is...meh, none of us (believe me, I know) have enough experience truly facing them with the current metagame and therefore none of us would actually know how he would fair amongst the current OU standards.

Battling with him in the past is no excuse to deem him Uber or OU because the metagame has dramatically shifted since then.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Lmao, if you made a new tier system, it would just be 99% Smogon's, then a couple changes you make. Honestly, it's nothing to be bothered with, Smogon has a perfectly fine tier list, so there's no need to make a new one. :/

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    When I thought this thread was getting just a bit better, you guys shot it right back down with your "WORDZ OF WIZDOM"

O.K, that was totally uncalled for. Its people like yourself that makes nobody want to post any kind of opinions or suggestions.

Battling with him in the past is no excuse to deem him Uber or OU because the metagame has dramatically shifted since then.[/QUOTE]

I've actually have had experience in dealing with Garchomp quite a bit.

From the posts I'm seeing here I suggested things for a discussion not a bicker fest.

Last edited:
    Back