• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Beginner questions

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Just saw Season 1, and I have a couple of questions, maybe someone can answer:

- why the need of more pokemons even in the middle of Season 1? Ok, togepi is a strong eufemism to what happened to Misty, but still!
    - why are there multpily pokemons with either the same name, or the same look? Eg. Geodude looks the same as one version of Gravler, and I don't even want to start with the Poli-family what is just a big mess. And even for Nidoran the "they are male/female" excuse is not satisfying, as eg. Meow appears as male and female but not two separate race!
    - are pokemons native on the planet?
    - are humans native on the planet?
    - are humans pokemons?
    - where are the grownups?
    - are them all in a Matrix?
    - why anyone want to do the traditional way of being a master which allows only 1 person with tons of wasted time to be a master when you can just fill out a test over and over until you succeed w/o meeting other wannabe masters, or even owning a single pokemon?
    - are there normal animals? (aside fishes and other water-creatures)
    - why the various pokemons must be hunted? Why don't they just keep them in a safari-park if domestication is not possible?
    - why the whole society is built on child-labour and dogfight?
    - when will Ash eat Pikachu?

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Just saw Season 1, and I have a couple of questions, maybe someone can answer:
    By season 1 do you mean the first US season or the Kanto League?

- why the need of more Pokemon even in the middle of Season 1? Ok, togepi is a strong eufemism to what happened to Misty, but still!
    Because they wanted to foreshadow and ultimately promote the new games that came out after Red/Blue.

- why are there multpily pokemons with either the same name, or the same look? Eg. Geodude looks the same as one version of Gravler, and I don't even want to start with the Poli-family what is just a big mess. And even for Nidoran the "they are male/female" excuse is not satisfying, as eg. Meow appears as male and female but not two separate race!
    Because they wanted. Some games include differences between gender in Pokémon. Most of them are just the same anyway.

- are pokemons native on the planet?
    There are several theories during the series. I think by first season the idea that Pokémon come from outer space was already presented during the Mt Moon episodes.

- are humans native on the planet?
    No idea.

- are humans pokemons?
    Wat.

- where are the grownups?
    There are a lot of older characters, so not sure what you mean by this.

- are them all in a Matrix?
    Why not.

- why anyone want to do the traditional way of being a master which allows only 1 person with tons of wasted time to be a master when you can just fill out a test over and over until you succeed w/o meeting other wannabe masters, or even owning a single pokemon?
    Because they have no idea what they're doing.

- are there normal animals? (aside fishes and other water-creatures)
    Yes, creators will start ripping off Pokémon out of the most stupid ideas you can think of. Even Ice Cream.

- why the various pokemons must be hunted? Why don't they just keep them in a safari-park if domestication is not possible?
    I don't remember any Pokemon being hunted. Sorry.

Because it's a shonen.

- when will Ash eat Pikachu?
    I hope soon.

Hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    I think by first season the idea that Pokémon come from outer space was already presented during the Mt Moon episodes.
    And the nativity too by archeological diggs.

are humans pokemons? I mean here "humans" is like "pikachus"? The share the same evolutionary branch? Have common ancestors back than?
    This is hinted by "humans" surviving hits that can destroy buildings, flames that can melt rocks etc. Real world humans can't do that.

Because they have no idea what they're doing.

This just sound stupid.

Yes, creators will start ripping off Pokémon out of the most stupid ideas you can think of.

This was not the question. I ment, is somewhere out there a normal cow, ant, cockroach or something?

I don't remember any Pokemon being hunted.

But all pokemons are captured in the "wilderness"! That is what"hunting" means! Why can't I just walk into a store, or if pokemons are so important to the economy handed them free? Why the fuss walking to new places, hoping for random encounters?!?

Because it's a shonen.

That's no answer. Even shonens validate they premises. I can come up at this point 3 chances:
    - it is The War
    - they live in a Matrix. The whole world is just a giant MMO. (Where else comes the water from the water-pokemons?)
    - the pokemon-masters are androids, including Ash.

----------

Where does Ash gain money? I mean when the amount he got from his mom runs out.
    From who does Team Rocket buy his vehicles?
    If any pokemon can come out of any pokeball,why they carry around more than one ball?

Meowth is gay?!? In episode 172 both Jessie and James drinks an attracktion-potion, and Meow falls in love with JAMES, while shows no interest to Jessie!

Where do pokeballs disappear when a pokemon is summoned?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    I think the whole "go and be a pokemaster" phrase is a big lie.

As far as I noticed the "let's go around, collect and battle" is only for those kids in the show who don't want to do what their parents/close sorroundings do/offer, so they go out, capture some pokemons the people they knew never even see, and start a profession noone did yet in their home-area.
    This would answer the question why no trophy comes with money to win: you get money for a year or such, and as you run out of it, you are forced to decide what you do with your life.

This of course means Ash is the Dumbest Person On The World never realising this, and keep going towards a goal what doesn't even exist!

---------

Hm, my posts r not merged at all...

-------------

Why Ash never re-tries any previous leagues?
    Ash really beats Chuck Norris (season 4 final)?

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • twillight, it is against the rules to make two posts in a row in one thread, which is why I have been merging your posts in this thread together. I'll let it go this time since you may not have known this, but please try to avoid making more double posts in the future.

Back