• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Java ROM IO Library

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    A GBA ROM Input/Output library written in Java!

I'm going to keep this sweet and simple. Over the last few days, I've been writing some utility code to assist in hacking the generation III games in Java. I know that there isn't much cross-platform compatibility for hacking tools, so I'm hoping this will help fix that problem by giving developers a nice basis.

Features:
    IO Speed - The reading and writing to and from the ROM is very fast.
    Data - As I write more programs, I will add my ROM IO code to the library. For instance, I'm writing a map editor right now so you find methods for querying map data available.
    Images - Supports reading (and soon writing) compressed images in the ROM.
    Java - Multiple platform support and easy to read code.
    Documentation - The code is documented well. If you don't understand a structure that this library supports, reading the annotations should help.
    No credit needed - Anyone can use this library and no credit is needed. Just add the source to your program and code away.

Where can you find this library? Well, you can find it on Github!
    Here: https://github.com/Kurroku/GBA-IO

If you find a bug or would like to contribute, leave a comment below!

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • Back