• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who is your favorite Gym Leader?

Leader

• Cilan/Chili/Cress

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Lenora

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Burgh

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Elesa

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Clay

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Skyla

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Brycen

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Iris/Drayden

Votes: 19 30.2%

• Total voters

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Clay, for he was the most unique. He had his own way of talking, did the most story-wise out of all the gym leaders, and initiated the epic battle against the Seven Sages. Out of all the gym leaders, he was the only one who got enough game time and dialogue to actually grow attached to.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Cilan just because Cilan is just so fabulous. That's right, he is awesome by himself.
    Skyla, well, I think she's just... You know, I just like her, maybe it's because of what's on her hair. And Forever made me like her.
    Iris because of her personality, no matter where...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    By the role in game, Clay gets my vote for favorite by far. He really pulls of the country/cowboy type, especially with the dialogue given. n__n To me he seems more interesting than the others, and though he doesn't have the best design, it's good enough to pull off his character.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • I have two questions.

1. Why does everyone vote for Elesa as their favorite Gym Leader?
    It's not that she's strong or something like that.
    "Beauty is not skin deep." Hasn't anybody heard of that? (Although both her inner and outer beauty are of high quality) But still, the madness going on with Elesa being "attractive" is going quite overboard.

2. How, in what way, is Iris cute? From what I have seen in B/W, I think that
    she suffers from hyperactiveness. I consider that by seeing her
    constantly jumping, running faster than regular NPCs, and then constantly offering to be a bodyguard without proper reason.
    Is that how you call cute?

Last edited:

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • I have two questions.

1. Why does everyone vote for Elesa as their favorite Gym Leader?
    It's not she's strong or something like that.
    "Beauty is not skin deep." Hasn't anybody heard of that? (Although both her inner and outer beauty are of high quality) But still, the madness going on with Elesa being "attractive" is going quite overboard.

2. How, in what way, is Iris cute? From what I have seen in B/W, I think that
    she suffers from hyperactiveness. I consider that by seeing her
    constantly jumping, running faster than regular NPCs, and then constantly offering to be a bodyguard without proper reason.
    Is that how you call cute?

You're very well spoken for a 14 year old, I don't mean to bring your age up but it's something I noticed and I like it.

You make good points. I find Iris to be a tad annoying, like Barry from Gen 4.

And Elesa is pretty...as pretty as a cartoon person can be I guess. N is very attractive to me, but I know more attractive REAL guys so it's not as big of a deal to me...so perhaps people are obsessing because they do not know as many real people.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • Because some (actually many, by the looks of it, including myself) find fictional girls attractive.

But they are fictional, and nothing more. It's not like you can compare them to actual girlfriends unless you want to be compared to someone like Roy Mustang haha.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Guys if you wanna debate why guys are obsessed with fictional gym leaders then it's not something that should be discussed here. :( Keep this just for your favourites, okay? :D You can mention their looks being a reason why they're your favourites but actually discussing it doesn't belong here.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • HI. NICA IS A GOOD MODERATOR.
    Oh wait, that's off-topic.

Um. I like Chili, Cress, and Cilan because they're never in the same place as the Shadow Triad.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I liked Iris, mainly because I'm way too fond of the dragon type~

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • Brycen is my favorite just because he was epic enough to sense where the Shadow Triad were after the battle with him. He also uses Beartic which is one of my favorite Pokemon of this generation.

Back