• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Theme songs

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Do you give your character's theme songs? How do you decide what to go for, and where do you find them?

Years
I don't always, but on occasion I do give my character's theme music since it sometimes comes in handy when getting into the mood to write them. I don't have any specific methods though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I do! All the time basically. Often Homestuck or pokemon songs because they are great. Sometimes I scavenge good instrumental tracks from my spotify lists. For some reason, I don't like assigning songs with lyrics to characters.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Always go for Jekyll Hyde

I always try to give my characters theme songs. Usually the song is meant to be played while reading. In Gunpowder, for example, location-based themes are used, for other RPs it's usually one theme for the character.

As for where I find them, I find myself turning to Wildstar's soundtrack a lot. It's got a beautiful playlist of OSTs which quite suit the RPs I'm in.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Oh, I don't really do theme songs. I've always found them a little tacky, you know?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I normally give myself one but never post it or anything unless it turns into a "Hey guys lets all..." kinda thing.

Pluck a lot from the BMS soundtrack because that is just GOLD. Favorite OST composer easily.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Every character that I make is assigned a theme song, even though I may not add it into their sign-up. It's really tough and challenging to find a song that matches what you paint your character out to be; because the melody in your head may not even exist in the form of another person's work. I usually use their themes as muses while writing posts. All my tracks are from anime and video game OSTs. Sometimes I'm browsing through Youtube and chance upon an instrumental track that inspires me to envision a character. :3

Years
For me its more that I always listen to music when writing, and occasionally I find a song that I feel just fits my character. I almost never put that song into any SUs or posts, I just kinda keep it to myself. Especially because I always seem to change my mind about it as my taste in music changes.

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
Years
I typically don't go out of my way to check this box, but lately when I've been working on some big fics and the songs have found the characters. It's nice when it happens because association equals inspiration half the time, but it's not mandatory.

Last edited:
Back