• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trying to Fix Battle/Weather Animation

Years
  • So I searched in some threads, and some people said that what make some moves animations appears in the Top-left screen was this line:
    Code:
    pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,nil,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)

Then I chenge to:
    Code:
    pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)

But the animations is still appearing in the top left at the screen.

Also, the weather animations line is like this:
    Code:
    class PokeBattle_Move_101 < PokeBattle_Move
      def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
        if @battle.weather==PBWeather::SANDSTORM
          @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("But it failed!"))
          return -1
        end
        pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
        @battle.weather=PBWeather::SANDSTORM
        @battle.weatherduration=5
        @battle.weatherduration=8 if isConst?(attacker.item,PBItems,:SMOOTHROCK)
        @battle.pbCommonAnimation("Sandstorm",nil,nil)
        @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("A sandstorm brewed!"))
        return 0
      end
    end

I think the problem is the the line:
    Code:
    @battle.pbCommonAnimation("Sandstorm",nil,nil)

But I don't know what to put in there, I tried adding (attacker,opponent) but it doesn't seens to work.

I might be wrong assuming that those lines is where the problem is, but any help is welcome.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I'm surprised someone hasn't posted a solution by now. This has come up as a topic over and over again, and it's a pretty serious bug, yet I've never seen anyone respond to these. I remember someone mentioned that it's because some moves didn't have their coordinates inputted properly, or something along those lines. Good luck to you.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    I have the same problem with animations, but my Pokémon sprites swap positions upon attacks, only some though... Yet I haven't touched anything to do with animations yet... My Sandstorm and Rain Dance etc. works fine though... I'll check my code tomorro and see if yours is any different.

Back