• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

types.txt bug

Years
  • Hello everyone,

Recently the weaknesses, resistance and immunity stopped working. I made a couple of test trying to investigate the problem but it seems like nothing is working, everyone can hit everyone and the rules in the types.txt are completely ignored. I thought maybe there was a compilation error but i tried compiling many times nothing changed. Oddly enough an older version of my project seems to work fine.
    Is this bug something that can be fixed or is just broken and I need to use the older version?

Thanks in advance

Years
  • Here is the types.txt

Spoiler:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • Tech support time: Have you tried doing a Hard Recompile? As in, holding Ctrl while compiling the game? That ensures all files are compiled properly. If you have, my next question is: Have you modified any of the scripts from the core engine?

Years
  • Guys thanks for the help and for your interest, I managed to fix the issue by myself. Indeed I made some changes in the script by adding some new abilities for my fangame.

I just tried to delete all the modifications and re-add them one by one until I saw the behaviour again.The funny part was the fact that I tried the hard compile several times and no errors occured it was just fine in matters of coding.

The problem was occured in the pokebattle_move where I added pixilate and some other abilities in the wrong place.

Just for future reference, if someone else faces a similar problem I recommend trying debugging the issue by removing the possible changes and re-adding them.

Back