• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Change the title screen with the last seen Pokemon

Qwertyis666

Dragon Trainer Since 1996
Years
  • Hi, I'm about to release the first demo of my game but I want to add a little thing before :)
    In my game, you will battle trainer than have legendary pokemon, so I want than the title screen change when you defeat that trainer (The title screen will be the trainer's legendary)
    I search around the script in essentials but I didn't found where the title screen is ''loaded'' when you open the game.
    I know who to add game switches in script so I will not have difficulty to add the part when the title screen change when you have X switch On/Off

So my question is: Where the title screen script?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I assume you mean the screen where you have to press start (or enter) to continue, which normally shows a Pikachu. The script is called in "Main", find the line "return Scene_Intro.new(['intro1'], 'splash')". The splash image is the one used as background for the press start screen. The actual script which runs at that point is "Scene_Intro". So if you want to change the Pokémon shown there I suggest removing the Pikachu from the splash image and adding code in "Scene_Intro" to show the correct sprite on the right position ("def openSplash" seems to create the screen).

Years
  • I assume you mean the screen where you have to press start (or enter) to continue, which normally shows a Pikachu. The script is called in "Main", find the line "return Scene_Intro.new(['intro1'], 'splash')". The splash image is the one used as background for the press start screen. The actual script which runs at that point is "Scene_Intro". So if you want to change the Pokémon shown there I suggest removing the Pikachu from the splash image and adding code in "Scene_Intro" to show the correct sprite on the right position ("def openSplash" seems to create the screen).

A slight problem that might be had, the trainer's game variables and such have not been loaded at this point. You'll have to load them yourself.

Back