• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random trainers?

Years
  • Hello, I'm trying to make a random trainer event. I want the random trainer to use random pokémon lineups every time we battle him/her. I already know that the battle tower's trainer event is best for that, but I don't really know how to set the trainer up as a normal battle event instead of using the Battle Tower event.
    I'd also like to know if we could set the levels randomly instead of Level 50 or Open Level levels...

Years
  • Thank you for the prompt reply Savor. I do like how easy it is to randomize the Battle Tower's pokémon and trainers and how it could be customized through btt.txt already, but those scripts seems more interesting. Thanks for the input, I'll try it for now.

EDIT: Alright, so I tried the scripts, and while it does make pokémon trainers and encounters random, I want the pokémon trainers to be a bit more specific, not too random. I want something that makes a trainer with the same name having specified pokémon, something like...

SWIMMER_M
    Poseidon
    SQUIRTLE,PSYDUCK,POLIWAG,TENTACOOL,MAGIKARP,(All unevolved water pokémon, but each battle will only pick 6 of them.)...
    Random levels (Or equal to player's level) and such...

Last edited:
    Back