• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making a transformed Ditto keep its own shininess

Years
  • I'm trying to make it so that Ditto can Transform but keeps his own Shininess rather than the target's. I have it so that right before the Transformation animation, I copy the target to a variable named "bob", using
    Code:
    bob=opponent
    then I edit bob's shininess to match Ditto's. This, however, seems to cause the target to become Shiny - the infobox gains the red star but the sprite doesn't change.

Edit: I made a small fix and now the only issue is that the target becomes Shiny when it shouldn't be.

Second Edit: I have a fix. before making the variable bob I store the shininess to a new value (but I use (opponent.isShiny?)==true so it stores as a boolien instead of a function), and after the transformation I revert opponent's shininess to that value.

Last edited:
    Back