• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Essentials DS Help

Years
So, I Have a question.

in pokemon essentials ds, for the battlers there's two folders called first frame and second frame. i know this is for animating pokemon.

my question is, to get animations like Black and White, can i make more folders called thirdframe or fourthframe, so it makes the pokemon look like it's animating Black and White style?

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
So, I Have a question.

in pokemon essentials ds, for the battlers there's two folders called first frame and second frame. i know this is for animating pokemon.

my question is, to get animations like Black and White, can i make more folders called thirdframe or fourthframe, so it makes the pokemon look like it's animating Black and White style?

Might want to actually post this in the right place instead of making a new thread. No you can't just add in another folder, it requires you to know coding to be able to support the frame style of pokemon black and white. Although you could just do that with a .gif file.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2021
I am very much new to all of this, but i am pretty sure that this would not work. It only cycles the two frames once so you would need to edit various scripts to continue cycling and then read in other files.

What i dont understand is why you cant simply remove the 2 frame animation and have a single image loaded and then make that single image an animation file (i.e. .GIF). The loading of the file would be the same because surely the scripts dont care what they load be it a single .PNG or a .GIF or whatever.

I have tried the above out and it seems to work well enough (although may cause other problems that I have not foreseen due to my severe lack of understanding of the various scripts

Back