• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT - Slo-mo's

Years
  • I'm a first time battler, as in never battled another human before EVER.But heck, it looks awesome and fun, so I figure I should jump in! I've done a lot of reading about it, and I'm going to go for a stall tactic. Slow and steady, as they say :)

At a glance...
    Spr_3f_139.png
    Spr_4d_476.png
    Spr_4h_195_m.png

Spr_3f_022.png
    Spr_3f_071.png
    Spr_5b_356.png

Now, how about a little more in depth?

omastar.png

Omastar @ Quick claw
    Ability: Shell Armour
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 HP, 4 speed
    Nature: Naughty
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf

The idea behind Omastar is simple: get the shift damage moves up ASAP, and then sweep until it dies. He's a bit like a suicide bomber, but more productive, because he'll leave behind something for the rest of the team to work with.

fearow.png

Fearow @ leftovers
    Ability: Keen Eye
    EVs: 252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Sp.Defense
    Nature: Impish
    - Whirlwind
    - Roost
    - U-turn
    - Drill Peck

Fearow's number one goal is to keep the opponent switching around with whirlwind putting the shift damagers to good work, a secondary mission being to keep alive, utilizing the leftovers and roost to heal himself, and the EV spread should reduce the amount of damage it ends up taking. when things are starting to look grim, a U-Turn can get him to safety (Fodder for later, probably). Steel wings in there because, well, he did have to have a fourth move. :P

victreebel.png

Victreebel
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 4 Sp.Defense
    Nature: Impish
    - Toxic
    - Sleep Powder
    - Synthesis
    - Solarbeam

This guy's objective is to slowly take down target after target, getting the Toxic down quickly, then stalling for time by using sleep powder to keep them from healing and attacking. Solarbeams on there for a hard hitting move that can be pulled off while the target's asleep.

Dusclops.png

Dusclops
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Defense, 4 Sp.Attack
    Nature: Calm
    - Curse
    - Rest
    - Shadow Ball
    - Taunt

Banette's Dusclops' function is basically the same as Victreebel's; slowly sap the opponent while keeping alive. Once it's gotten the curse down, it rests to get back to full health. After it wakes up, it'll use taunt to keep the opponent from healing. After that, it'll mostly rest to keep alive, and damage when it can with Shadow Ball.

I'm swapping out Banette for Dusclops, because his stats will make for a better Special Wall. Same strategy, better Pokemon :D

quagsire.png

Quagsire
    Ability: Water absorb
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 attack, 4 Sp.defense
    Nature: Adamant
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Rest
    - Sleeptalk

Quagsire's strategy is a bit different then the others. Using Sleeptalk and Rest, he'll be able to deal out almost constant damage while keeping himself alive. The idea here is basically hope the opponent can't heal as much as Quagsire, and keep hitting them until they go down.

200px-476Probopass.png

Probopass
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Sp. attack, 252 HP, 4 Sp.Defense
    Nature: Modest
    - Zap Cannon
    - Earth Power
    - Rest
    - Sleep talk

Probopass is basically going to have a copied strategy of Quagsire, but with the added bonus of being resistant to the majority of moves that Spiritomb can learn. His main goal is to defend against Spiritomb, but being a steel/rock combo is going to allow him to defend against any number of types as well.

So there's the team! I'm willing to make changes, as long as it's not too horribly extreme. No matter what changes go on, Quagsire and Victreebel will stay on the team. The other's will take some convincing to swap them out, except for Alakazam. I'll trade him out fast if I can find a better Pokemon to replace him.

So, what do you think? How do you think this team would do in battle, supposing it went in exactly like this? Any tips on how to make it better? I really appreciate any help I get!!

EDIT 1: Replaced Banette with Dusclops, Replaced Alakazam with Probopass, and fixed EVs so they're divisible by four.

Last edited:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • You have a great team, but mind you, EV's should always be divisible by 4. So having 255 EV's is just a waste. Though this whole team could be walled by a Spiritomb, I suggest you get something Dark-Typed, like Houndoom providing that the Spiritomb you'll battle will be not carrying Hidden Power Fighting. Chansey works too, and scratches her by a bit with HP Fighting thanks to her above average SpD. Drapion and Umbreon can also help disposing off Spiritomb.

I would replace Fearow with something that has more sweeping potential like Swellow, or better yet, Moltres. Both still resist grass attacks aimed at Quagsire, and can deal damage back.

Timid / Modest Moltres @ Life Orb
    252 Spa 252 Speed 4 Def
    ~Air Slash
    ~Fire Blast
    ~Roost
    ~Hidden Power Grass

OR

Jolly Swellow @ Toxic Orb
    252 Att 252 Speed 4 HP
    ~Facade
    ~U-Turn
    ~Roost
    ~Brave Bird

Make Omastar a bit bulky instead of being an all-out attacker since it is your lead after all. Why also put EV's Attk instead of SpAttk? Ice Beam and Surf won't benefit from it. 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA is good for Omastar as a lead.

Victreebell should be replaced with Venusaur if you want Special Sweepers.

Timid/Modest Venusaur @ Life Orb
    252 SpA / 252 Speed / 4 Def
    ~Sleep Powder
    ~Leaf Storm
    ~Sludge Bomb
    ~Synthesis

Banette isn't going for a Special Wall with its very low base SpDef. Better get something like Chansey to wall specially, or Houndoom for Dark STAB.

Years
  • Ok, after looking at it, I'm going to make a few changes.

Since Spiritomb is going to be something that I need to be worrying about here, It seems to me that a steel type would be the best thing to counter it. Most of Spiritombs' learnset are Dark, Ghost, and Psychic moves, and Steel's resistant to all three. I kind of like Probopass, so I'm going to try and get him in there.

As for swapping out Fearow, I don't get why Swellow would be a better choice. When you compare their stats, Fearow comes out on top all the way around... As for Moltres, I usually avoid legendaries like the plague.... So I don't know about that.

As for Omastar, you're totally right. I didn't even realize I was putting EVs on a useless stat... I'll definitely fix that, as well as the other EVs.

To replace Banette, what about Dusclops? The thing I was really trying for with Banette was the curse/rest combo, which Dusclops has, as well as a much better Sp. Defense stat?

I'm making the changes now... let me know if it looks better! :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    As for swapping out Fearow, I don't get why Swellow would be a better choice. When you compare their stats, Fearow comes out on top all the way around...

Guts, Facade and Toxic Orb make it MUCH more powerful than Fearow. Fearow is a terrible defensive Pokemon too. Anything from Skarmory to Articuno to even Pidgeot does that set better. :/

As for Moltres, I usually avoid legendaries like the plague.... So I don't know about that.

Get out of this mind frame. You are missing out on some good Pokemon with it, that and other people WILL use legends against you if they arent banned. Moltres isnt uber and thus isnt banned. Infact the opposite, its UU because its quite poor in retrospect.

To replace Banette, what about Dusclops? The thing I was really trying for with Banette was the curse/rest combo, which Dusclops has, as well as a much better Sp. Defense stat?

You need Will-o-Wisp too to cripple things and wear them down, especially Pursuiters.

Comments in bold.

So there's the team! I'm willing to make changes, as long as it's not too horribly extreme. No matter what changes go on, Quagsire and Victreebel will stay on the team.

Firstly, that really isn't a good state of mind to be in.

Quagsire also has Recover, making Rest Talk sucky on him, same with Probopass and Pain Split.

Anyways what tier is this team gonna be used in ? Sorry to be mean but if you are using this in Ou it'll lose to everything as you're using outclassed Pokemon. You also lack other vital things that stall needs, such as a Rapid Spinner amongst other things.

Even in the lower tiers this is eh. Victreebel and Fearow are NOT stall Pokemon in any sense of the word as they are too frail.

Anyway i cant help more until i know which tier this will be used in.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Comments in bold.

Firstly, that really isn't a good state of mind to be in.

Quagsire also has Recover, making Rest Talk sucky on him, same with Probopass and Pain Split.

Anyways what tier is this team gonna be used in ? Sorry to be mean but if you are using this in Ou it'll lose to everything as you're using outclassed Pokemon. You also lack other vital things that stall needs, such as a Rapid Spinner amongst other things.

Even in the lower tiers this is eh. Victreebel and Fearow are NOT stall Pokemon in any sense of the word as they are too frail.

Anyway i cant help more until i know which tier this will be used in.

I have to agree with my worst enemy of all time. You should learn more about the game and get more experience before you start using weird pokes. Until then, take the changes. That is, if you want to win. I also avoid legends, and use Vileplume religiously (as he is the bestest poke ever, no exceptions), but I also know enough to make up for my weaknesses

Years
  • Well... I guess I'm gonna have to change it up, then.

for the swellow vs Fearow comment: I would have NEVER thought to utilize a toxic orb with guts like that. I guess I don't look much at held items, but that's a serious bonus once it adds up..

I've seen UU and OU around, but I legitimately have NO idea what they mean. As for tiers, I guess I don't really know about that either. D: I need to find/do more reading about this.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Zap Cannon is horrible on Probopass. It learns Power Gem as a STAB move, and it should go over that.

Back