• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Third Remake names?

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • Assume GameFreak came out and said they were going to remake EVERY main series "third version"; Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum... and I'll leave it up to you if Black2/White2 count. Now imagine they chose YOU to name all of these 'third version' remakes. What would their names be? ThunderYellow? ShiningCrystal? Be creative!

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • This is really interesting, as a kid I always thought LightningYellow would come out and then I was sure there'd be a WaterBlue for FRLG. I've never given much thought to Crystal but it'd be something to go along with Heart and Soul, Courage maybe? CourageCrystal doesn't sound all that to me but it's all I can think of right now, haha! DeltaEmerald stands our to compliment OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, what with the Delta episode and all. It would depend on what the names of the Diamond and Pearl remakes would be before I could think of one for Platinum anyway.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • This is really interesting, as a kid I always thought LightningYellow would come out and then I was sure there'd be a WaterBlue for FRLG. I've never given much thought to Crystal but it'd be something to go along with Heart and Soul, Courage maybe? CourageCrystal doesn't sound all that to me but it's all I can think of right now, haha! DeltaEmerald stands our to compliment OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, what with the Delta episode and all. It would depend on what the names of the Diamond and Pearl remakes would be before I could think of one for Platinum anyway.
    Yeah, DeltaEmerald does seem kind of like a given. Courage Crystal really doesn't sound that bad to me, though. It doesn't quite have that "HeartGold/SoulSilver" ring, but that might just be because it's not familiar yet. HeartGold sounded pretty bizarre to me at first. ^-^; I definitely can't think of something better, though.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Pokémon Z would be the obvious choice for an XY sequal, though I guess an X 2 and Y 2 would be nice to see as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Well, "FireRed" and "LeafGreen" are obviously based on the elemental stones, so "WaterBlue" and "ThunderYellow" would have to be the Blue and Yellow remakes.

As for "HeartGold" and "SoulSilver," they take their names from sources of thought and emotion (ie. "heart and soul"), so "MindCrystal" would probably be the best bet for that one.

And, "DeltaEmerald" is pretty much a given for "OmegaRuby" and "AlphaSapphire."

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    My cousin once told me that many people considered "Bubble Blue" for a Blue remake. Just thought I'd throw that in. As for other games:
    Absolute Diamond and Relative Pearl, or vice versa. Based on relative/absolute space/time. Maybe Parallel/Alternate Platinum in reference to the Distortion World?
    Voltage White and Thermal Black. Something electricity and fire based. Aboslute and Relative could also work for Truth/Ideal theme as well.
    Luminous X and Umbral Y, Yveltal is a dark type, and I always considered Fairy to be a "light" type, so something related to that? Maybe Ambience Z to connect it with nature. Kalos also stresses on visuals, so it could fit.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Well, "FireRed" and "LeafGreen" are obviously based on the elemental stones, so "WaterBlue" and "ThunderYellow" would have to be the Blue and Yellow remakes.

As for "HeartGold" and "SoulSilver," they take their names from sources of thought and emotion (ie. "heart and soul"), so "MindCrystal" would probably be the best bet for that one.

And, "DeltaEmerald" is pretty much a given for "OmegaRuby" and "AlphaSapphire."

I think it's more objects associated with the color, not the elemental stones, that inspire the names for FireRed and LeafGreen. Obviously WaterBlue works, but something like LightningYellow seems more appropriate to me. I will contradict myself, though, by saying that a lot of electric moves are named after "Thunder" so perhaps ThunderYellow would work.

And I definitely like MindCrystal. It just seems a bit awkward to say, so I don't know if that would be the actual name.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Absolute Diamond and Relative Pearl, or vice versa. Based on relative/absolute space/time. Maybe Parallel/Alternate Platinum in reference to the Distortion World?
    You're starting to make me paranoid. {XD} Last night I was talking to my fiancee about this and I mentioned the only thing I could think of for Platinum would be "Parallel Platinum" because the Distortion World kind of works like a parallel universe. And what I think would be cool is, since OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire are already technically a parallel universe from Generations 1-5, a remake of Platinum could take place in one as well and maybe somehow even be WHY a parallel universe to the original exists at all? Maybe there's only ONE Giratina, but it's linked to both universes, like a wormhole between the two.

I also really like the sound of Absolute Diamond and Relative Pearl.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Thunder yellow version

Could we please get this i mean really.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    No, please. I don't like anything that is based of the anime series.

A Kanto as a region to explore with a whole new plot would be great, though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Yellow takes influences from the anime, but it isn't "based on the anime." You're still playing as Red and going through his story.

A Kanto as a region to explore with a whole new plot would be great, though.

They already made that game:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Yellow takes influences from the anime, but it isn't "based on the anime." You're still playing as Red and going through his story.

They already made that game:

Spoiler:

Oh, just a remake of/sequel to Pokemon Yellow? I totally have my fingers crossed for that to happen!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I like TurkishDelight's CourageCrystal idea. It sounds good, and it follows along nicely with the alliteration of SoulSilver. I do kinda wish we had gotten DeltaEmerald, and part of me is still holding out hope that it will come out (unlikely though it is).

I'm not sure what a Platinum remake would be called. It's tough to say since there haven't been any Diamond or Pearl remakes. I guess that would be called something having to do with time and space? But I'm not creative enough to think of any names haha

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Oh, just a remake of/sequel to Pokemon Yellow? I totally have my fingers crossed for that to happen!

Yellow technically hasn't been remade, but it already has sequels in Gold/Silver/Crystal and HeartGold/SoulSilver. YMMV on whether or not they're good sequels, but they're still sequels, nonetheless.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Ehh I would say ThunderYellow, Bright/ShinyCrystal, DeltaEmerald and Light Platinum (no this came from my mind and not from the hack.)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • ThunderYellow or LightningYellow and DeltaEmerald seem pretty obvious choices, I like the sound of MindCrystal too.

As for DPPt... Notice how ORAS added Greek letters to the names while the sixth generation Kalos games have the versions named after letters. maybe remakes of Diamond and Pearl would be named after the theme that is used to name the games of the seventh gen too. (That is, if they'll be remade in Gen VII.)

Back