• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Noob Here

Years
Hello,

I just started playing Pokemon TCGO yesterday, and I played the trainer challenge for hours. A friend of mine also gave me 6 booster pack codes and I think I got some pretty neat cards. I have a pretty good grasp of the mechanics of the game but i'm completely clueless on where to go from here as far as building a deck. I thought about getting the starter deck with Sylveon on it but I didn't know if that was a good idea. Suggestions/Help?

Thanks guys!

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I've actually been planning on writing a guide for new PTCGO users.

To be able to get good cards on PTCGO you're going to need money. Buy starter decks that have cards you need and trade pack codes for other cards you need.

A yveltal deck is a good start since most cards can be found in starter decks and in promo tins. Try to keep away from cards that will be rotating.

This is a good site to buy codes: https://ptcgo.com/game/pokemon_tcgo

Use Bulbepedia to see what cards the decks come with.

Back