• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5 Good things from your LEAST favorite generation/game

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    As the title says, name five good things from the generation or Pokémon games that is/are your least favorite(s).~ This thread is also a great way to help others gain a positive perspective for the generations or games that they dislike. :)

Here's mine
    Gen I:
    - It started it all
    - Starter trio
    - Misty, Sabrina, Erika and the Rival
    - Actually amused by the graphics, in a comical way. Say hello to Golbat-san. ^_^
    - Water-types, Gen I actually has one of the interesting Water Pokémon as a whole.

Gen IV:
    - Pt's plot
    - GSC remakes finally came true
    - Sinnoh Starter trio
    - Old Pokémon like Roselia, Electabuzz, Magneton receiving evolutions
    - The infamous Surf glitch that involves Darkrai and Shaymin. ^_^

Last edited:

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • This is sort of weird to judge, because many of the things my least favorite generation gave me technically didn't become things I love until the remakes. Due to this, I'll give a sixth positive to sort of balance it out...

Generation III gave us...

~My favorite games in the series; OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire (though technically it was Gen VI...)

~Secret bases. This was a fantastic idea that they should have -never- gotten rid of. I'm glad it came back in the remakes, but it seems like it'll be exclusive to Hoenn forever.

~My two favorite Champions, two of my favorite Elite Four members, and two of my favorite Gym Leaders.

~My favorite region and my favorite villain teams.

~A very solid assortment of Pokemon designs; Generation III has a pretty solid average of good designs over bad ones.

~The music tracks "BATTLE! Deoxys", "VS Regis", "Drought", and "Heavy Rainfall". These are my personal picks for the arguably -best- music tracks in the series.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Interesting topic!

Black/White:
    -Introduced hidden abilities
    -Introduced reusable TMs
    -N
    -Darkest, most mature plot in all of the main series

Red/Blue/Green/Yellow:
    -Really challenging (for all the wrong reasons, but still have to give it credit)
    -Introduced the world to an amazing series!
    -The Kanto region is one of my favorites.

Reactions: Sun

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Least favorite gen for me was Gen V so...

1. Introduction of Global Link
    2. Hidden abilities
    3. Reusable TMs
    4. Regions are now based outside of Japan
    5. Dynamic sprites was pretty cool

Back