• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi from Down Under!

Years
  • Hi there everyone! As you can see, I'm ohstarryeyed, but also known as Jess. :-)

I'm Russian but have lived in Australia almost my entire life. My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Red when I was 8 eight years old, and to this day I still own the original copy and the purple Gameboy Colour that I received with it.

I mostly enjoy collecting Pokemon, especially event Pokemon and shinies. I'm hoping I can find some friends on here who I can trade with around the world to complete my collection. :3

Favourite game, Soul Silver. Favourite Pokemon, Espeon. So you could easily guess my favourite's the Psychic type, haha.

Hoping to make friends on here and contribute to the forum as best as I can! Trying to learn to navigate the website as we speak.

Years
  • Hi Jess! I'm Russian as well, born and lived there until I was 7 and moved to the US.. so that's cool. Welcome to PC ~

I'm sure you'll find many friends to help you! Especially if you post around, we love active members here. ;3 I'm not a dedicated shiny collector but I have a few boxes of them that I need to figure out what to do with.. haha. They just sit around looking pretty.

Enjoy your time and be sure to ask if you need help. 8]

Years
  • Nice to meet you Sheep! Thank you so much for the warm welcoming, helps to make me feel more like part of the community. c: Have you done much travelling yourself since moving to the US? I've been to a few places across the world, travelling has always been a passion of mine.

Whilst I am immersed right now in university and completing my med student degree, in my free time I'd love to post here and be an active member as much as I can! It's nice to be a part of a community that are all Pokemon lovers, as I don't know anyone in real life who is. :3 Haha, well if there are any in particular you want to trade on to someone who would like to collect them, I've got my hand raised! Or if there is anything specific you are looking for, I've got a few boxes of Pokemon sitting around looking pretty too but no particular purpose, haha.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, thank you so much for the welcome and I can't wait to get to know everyone here. ;3

Years
  • Hiya Archy, and thank you for the warm welcome! It's wonderful to meet you too. Everyone here seems so friendly here already, I hope I fit in. :-) I really appreciate the helpfulness too, no doubt I will have some questions I'll need help with in the next couple of weeks but it's great to know there's a friendly community ready to help when I need it.

I believe I'll always think the Kanto generation was the very best (like no-one ever was, haha. I know, I'm a lame comedian). To be honest, I think I'll always be a Pokemon lover, it's not something I'll ever grow out of. What age did you first start playing the games? And what's your favourite Pokemon? Thank you for the recommendation to the Trade Corner, I'll be sure to check it out and will more than likely have a thread up there in the next day or two.

Cheers again for the welcome, I appreciate it so much! ;3

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Hey my fellow Australian, welcome to the forums! The Trade Corner is as you've been told, the best place for all your trading needs. Also, HGSS are some of my favourite games as well; the second generation is one of the best out there!

Hope you enjoy your time here and I'll see you around!

Years
  • I'm another Australian posting here, if you didn't notice already. Nice to meet you too Jess!

As the others have said, Trade Corner is the place for all things to do with trading and the regulars over there are friendly so expect good service. It doesn't stop there though, so explore the community and see what else interests you in terms of activity.

I can't spoil things for you because discovering them yourself is more awesome. Good luck and do stick around with us!

Years
  • Hey Curious, nice to meet other Australians on here! I've already headed to the Trade Corner now and made my first post, it almost looks like a shop with the amount of Pokemon I've got sitting around available to trade, haha. So great to see someone else thinks the second generation was amazing too, I'm nostalgic for the old days of Pokemon. Thanks for the welcome and hopefully see you around often too!

And wonderful to meet you too Hikamaru. Gosh, you are all so friendly on here, I love it. I've gone to explore the depths of the Trade Corner first myself however I'm sure as I navigate the forum I'll branch out more. Hope to see more of you around as well! ;3

Back