• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's getting Scrafty up in here- Gen V OU

Snorelacks

Ready to get burned?
Years
  • This is my first post on the forum in a long time and I had a team that needed rating. It's mainly based around the unorthodox Baton Pass Scizor, which I've found to be one of the few good bulky baton passers in OU.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
    Timid Nature | Magic Guard
    4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    ~Psyshock
    ~Focus Blast
    ~Signal Beam
    ~Hidden Power Fire

Alakazam is the team's main special attacker. With a 368 special attack stat and a 371 speed stat (IVs for HP fire), Alakazam hits harder and faster than a lot of Pokemon in OU. Couple those stats with a workable movepool and a fantastic ability in Magic Guard, and you have yourself a force to be reckoned with. Alakazam can get hurt by priority pretty badly and has trouble taking hits, but most of the time it can still OHKO or 2HKO 2 or 3 opposing Pokemon.

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Careful Nature | Light Metal
    248 HP / 20 Def / 114 SDef / 128 Spd
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Substitute
    ~Agility
    ~Swords Dance

This set is directly adapted from Smogon's Baton Pass set, but if you're familiar with their set, you know that I've made a few changes. This set aims to set up Scrafty for a sweep and is usually successful in doing so. On Scizor's first turn, Agility is always used as the opponent brings in his Scizor counter. Obviously the opponent is then in an odd spot as he's likely never seen a competitive Scizor with agility. Then, Scizor can Sub to scout or just straight-up Baton Pass into Scrafty if she can take the hit. About half the time, Scizor is also able to set up a Swords Dance, but this is less necessary than Agility due to Scrafty's Moxie ability.

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
    Jolly Nature | Moxie
    252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    ~Hi Jump Kick
    ~Crunch
    ~Ice Punch
    ~ThunderPunch

Scrafty is the crux of the team. This set is a direct variation on the normal DD Scrafty set. I can forgo Dragon Dance as I've never been in a battle where I can't Baton Pass Agility at least, and then I can rely on Moxie if I'm unable to set up a Swords Dance. After Agility, and factoring in EVs and Jolly nature, Scrafty's speed stat skyrockets to 472, which can beat anything unboosted in OU. With powerful STAB moves at base 130 and 80 power and excellent natural bulk, Scrafty can then sweep your entire team.

Mew @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature | Synchronize
    252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd
    ~Taunt
    ~Will-O-Wisp
    ~Softboiled
    ~Psychic

I've always thought that Mew could be a great support Pokemon in OU with its base 100/100/100 defenses. With this set, I can take a Physical sweeper out of the equation and I can hopefully taunt a wall or set-up sweeper to enable a free switch-in for Alakazam or Scizor. Softboiled is for recovery and Psychic is to avoid becoming complete taunt bait and to switch in on Gengar or Crobat, which completely wall Gliscor.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Impish Nature | Poison Heal
    252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    ~Substitute
    ~Toxic
    ~Earthquake
    ~Protect

Gliscor is my main Physical wall. The strategy is pretty obvious, Toxic stall while dealing some damage with Earthquake. This set can be infuriating to play against and I've had multiple ragequits come from Gliscor in random matchup. If I can get a Sub up and poison the opponent, I can just alternate Earthquake and Protect until the sun sets and wall the s*** out of most physical sweepers. That said, this set is literally powerless against Gengar and the rarer Crobat. No Toxic and no Earthquake.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature | Natural Cure
    4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    ~Toxic
    ~Seismic Toss
    ~Wish/Aromatherapy
    ~Softboiled

Blissey is the gold standard for all walls. It's another Toxic stall set, however, this is obviously more specially based than Gliscor. As you can see, my third moveslot is undecided. Originally, I went with Aromatherapy, but I'm not sure if it's necessary given that Scrafty holds a Lum Berry, Scizor can't be poisoned, Gliscor has Poison Heal, Mew has Synchronize, and Alakazam isn't hindered by a burn and its Focus Sash would break anyway if it was poisoned. That said, I'm not sure what use I have for Wish other than healing Gliscor and, situationally, Scizor. I need some feedback on this moveslot.
    So Blissey is my all-purpose wall on this team.

Thanks for taking the time to view my post, and if you respond, your help is very much appreciated!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd rather have Scrafty set up Dragon Dance itself rather than have Scizor Baton Pass the appropriate stat boosts to it. Give Scrafty DD over ThunderPunch; it's not necessary apart from dealing with Gyarados, who's hit hard enough already by Crunch.

If you really want Scizor to Baton Pass something, stick with Iron Defense only, to give Scrafty enough physical bulk to ease its setup. Also, give it Roost to make Scizor stick around longer. Tl;dr, replace Swords Dance and Agility with Iron Defense and Roost.

Gliscor can afford to give up its Defense EVs for more Speed. 244 HP/40 Def/224 Spe lets it outspeed Landorus-T and Adamant Lucario.

Blissey is better off with a Calm nature so that it takes special hits better. Bold makes it more susceptible to Special moves when it shouldn't be.

Back