• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seadra

Years
  • hello, i need help with a move set for seadra i have Dragon dance, Hydro pump, Surf and Twister.
    any help?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • once again... refer to the Pokemon Advanced Trainer's Guide in RS section... it covers a lot of common mistakes (like the ones this seadra made).

Kingdra- adamant/modest @ leftovers
    (adamant)
    -dragon dance
    -return
    -rest
    -HP something physical
    (modest)
    -rest
    -surf
    -ice beam
    -dragon breath/HP something special

Dragon Man

Milk and Cookies!
    Years
  • First of all get rid of Hydro Pump as it and Surf are both Water-type moves and Hydro Pump only has 5 PP and Surf has 10 or 15. Also Hydro Pump has only 80% accuracy. Try this:
    Kingdra @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
    Rest
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Beam
    Dragon Breath/Surf
    Rest restores health and Dragon Dance not only increases Attack but Speed as well.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Dragon Man said:
    First of all get rid of Hydro Pump as it and Surf are both Water-type moves and Hydro Pump only has 5 PP and Surf has 10 or 15. Also Hydro Pump has only 80% accuracy. Try this:
    Kingdra @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
    Rest
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Beam
    Dragon Breath/Surf
    Rest restores health and Dragon Dance not only increases Attack but Speed as well.
    same problem (a BIG one too). Dragon dance is there but it does absolutely nothing... it only boosts PHYSICAL ATTACK power, like return or HP (physical). It's not growth ^_^;

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
  • how about HP electric? Takes down um... other water types, at least. Or HP fire. I've seen an HP electric Kingdra at work taking down a Gyarados, but that was a once in a blue moon occurance.

Smeargle

Doubleteam
    Rest
    Surf
    Icebeam/Dragonbreath

this moveset is quite standard... if you want to put down water types, using dragonbreath i think would be enough... and besides, it's quite rare that someone would send out a water type against kindra since he's 4x resisteant to water attacks... and if you're worried about icebeamers, well, he's not weak against ice attacks anyway! And with double team and rest to back him up, i think kindra will do just fine!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • dragonbreath is not even close to enough... it's "itchy" only for the water types... most water types have pretty good sp.def to endure dragonbreath which is pretty weak of an attack even with STAB. And Kingdra doesn't have an especially high sp.attack as well... The fact that it does tremendous damage against Gyarados (for RS) is rather important as well.

Smeargle

ok, may be your right about the special defense thing... but hey the paralyze effect could be pretty sweet! If you're worried about special defense then why not use a physical attack like return... his attack is just as great as his special attack...

The Vince Knight

Lyndis is pwnage! :D
    Years
  • Seadra is a water but if you evolve it it will become kingdra for better battles but an attack that is a dragon can surely be good.

Try this...
    Seadra
    Hydro pump
    Bilzzard
    Dragon dance
    Hyper beam/psysical attack.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Dragon_Master said:
    Seadra is a water but if you evolve it it will become kingdra for better battles but an attack that is a dragon can surely be good.

Try this...
    Seadra
    Hydro pump
    Bilzzard
    Dragon dance
    Hyper beam/psysical attack.
    umm...

a) restless Kingdra = useless

b) not too good of a thing most of the time to use physical AND special at once in RS... Kingdra is good and needs all the speed/both def... you can't get the sweet personality bonus then.

c) blizzard/hydro pump are both useless attack... at least use surf and ice beam

d) regarding dragonbreath para... it's good but keep in mind that most Pokemon in RS have rest (even more than before as there are a lot more new tankers than new sweepers, such as Dusclops and Claydol).

e) what? hyperbeam on an endurable pokemon/a pokemon that doesn't go by the name of Slaking? *gasp* oh the terror!

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • I don't see why nobody's said Rain Dance since it doubles Kingdra's speed and makes Surf twice as strong. Then you can forget about putting ev's into Speed and just focus on special attack and defenses. Other moves would be chestorest and ice beam or dragon breath (I prefer dragon breath for more type coverage, PP, and paralysis). Sure it has troubles against high special defesne pokes, but not one Pokemon can handle everything.

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
  • Kingdra @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
    Rest - Its got one weakness, but it still takes damage and this makes for a quick recover.
    Dragon Dance - The batterie move, gives Atk and Speed 8B!
    Ice Beam/Surf - Pick one, either is good.
    Return - Seriously, no point in having Dragon Dance and letting all that Atk go to waste. Otherwise The whole point of Dragon Dance would just be a "filler" a waste of time getting more speed only to die. I would rather have a Speeding Return than just gain Speed and useless Atk.

Last edited:
    Back