• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Silk2: Take Over

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
  • Nice but I agree with everyone else lol add some type of boarder or maybe A different BG.. anyway keep the great work up ;).

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • 2 new screens for you.
    The first bit is of Croconaw using water gun.
    Reason for posting it: Just to show that I've coded Totodile up to level 21.

watergun2gm.png

The next screen is of Cherrygrove city from Johto. I've coded up to there now.
    (its a map screenshot not in-game)

cherrygrovecity9dy.png

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Your battle system is impeccable. *wishes I had it* *steals* ;) On the flipside, your map of Cherrygrove is subpar and not very asthetically appealing, at least to me. Why is it unappealing to me? The buildings, firstly, just don't look well put together. :/ There is too much pathway. Perhaps a bit more grass would do the trick. Other than that it's nice. I like how you've mixed and matched different elements from each of the games: Emerald, Ruby, and FireRed. It works.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The battle system looks very impressive.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Thanks for the feedback/comments guys/gals, really helpful. I changed and fixed up Cherry grove a bit. I just made it a bit bigger (since I had reduced the size a bit) and made it neater...

Ok now I've got a little update and a question for you all.
    The update: The Pc menu has been started.
    Heres a screen of the opening menu you'll see.
    pcmenuerlyversion0ir.png

Now for the question: I have different stuff planed for the Pc feature and one feature that Im planning is something I'd like to know if you think its a good or bad idea.
    If you read back, I mentioned I had totodile coded up to level 21. Well at level 20, he learns a 5th attack (Bite) and I came up with the idea that- instead of deleteing attacks and adding the new ones in mid battle(well after he leveled up and gained the attack)- how about I make the attacks "tradeable".
    Now not tradeable like trading with friends, but more like:
    Level 20 comes along. You now can learn bite, but istead of deleting an attack and adding the new one, how about letting the player pick and chose his/her attacks at will?

ok I kinda went off track there.
    Heres the plan:
    In the PC menu, you see the choice "pokemon". When you select it, another set of choices comes up. 1 of which is Attacks.
    You choose which pokemon to do this with, and a list of attacks will come up for this pokemon. For example- attacks you've gained through leveling- or attacks you've got through TM/HM. You pick which move you want and "trade" it for an attack that the pokemon already knows- like bite for scratch. But at any point you can come back and "trade" Leer for scratch.... and back again. Whatever....

Sounds good or bad? please let me know as soon as posible as I'd like to begin coding it.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    That sounds nice... It's good to hear that you're hard working on the PC.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey everyone, Update!
    I have 3 new screens to show you. I'll explain first, and show later.

Screen1: Shows of a slightly edited version of Kyle Doves PC/Mart. Thanks Kyle. I will be using these in my Calis' Thread Islands region.

Screen2: Shows the menu for the PC that is brought up after you select the pokemon choice.

Screen3: Remember that attack learning system I was talking about, well....
    I have started to code it. Heres a test version of it.

NOW HERES THE SCREENS

Screen1:
    showingcalsorplusnewpokecenter.png

Screen2:
    pcmenushowingpokemonchoices9zf.png

Screen3:
    pcmenuattackmenu3hy.png

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Cool! I was gonna make all my marts have two different choices for roofs (one like that) but I thought it might be too many and people wouldnt care that much.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey everyone, as people say.. "Long time, no post" :P
    I've got 2 updates for you all. Pretty big ones.

The First:
    I finally coded my first pokemon in the game.

Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr is fully coded all the way up to level 100!
    So thats all attacks and stuff included.
    feraligatrfullycoded1gn.png

This also includes the "Swapping Attack" system for him.
    You know, the ability to swap attacks- via PC- with any attack learned over leveling up or TM.

The Second
    :
    The Exchange attack system.
    I finally learned how im going about to code this thing.
    I have a variable for EVERY SINGLE ATTACK.
    Each attack will have it own set number.
    For example.
    If the variable "bite_totodile"=0 and totodiles level is 20 or above.... well then its in the PC.
    If its between 1-4 and his level is above 20- well then its on his attack list.
    1= the first attack slot.
    2= the second attack slot
    and so on.

Its going to be alot of code but I'm getting there.

well anyways, heres the screen.

pcmenuchangingattacks5wa.png

EDIT: Did I mention you can also re-arrange the attacks? Im not sure...
    well anyway you can...
    Comments welcome :)

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • Nice screenies!! Good luck with all that coding! Keep up the great work!

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Nice screens, but I must say this. What in god's name happened to Feraligatr's backsprite? It looks like it has a but now... Kinda weird. I reccomend changing it... Yeah...

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • Screens look cool,only criticism is maybe move the enemy hp box up and to the left a bit and move the 4 and 2 in Feraligatr's level numbers.

Keep up the good work,this game is looking really promising.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I agree with those numbers and stuff. Fixed them up. (changed the font color and moved them to the right position)
    Screen of it:
    levelingnumberscloser4cx.png

Thats as close as I can get the numbers without some of them over-lapping.

Also, heres 2 more screens showing off my hard work paid off with the PC's "Swap Attack" system.

abouttoreplaceattack9ky.png

The reason there is no 4th attack is cause these were taken when I was testing the finished system.
    replacedattack0lt.png

Back