• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Olden Days [Adv OU]

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Hi so I haven't posted a RMT in a while mostly cause I stopped playing DPP and I'm kind of bored with Black/White already. (Already!) I have also been playing a boat load of advance lately so I figured I might as well post my latest team and my favorite one to date. Its done pretty well and its extremely fun to use, even if I lose I still have a ton of fun playing with it. So yadda yadda here we go. Thanks for reading btw. :)

At a Glance
    rsicon300.gif
    rsicon118.gif
    rsicon301.gif
    rsicon006.gif
    rsicon192.gif
    rsicon264.gif

emespr145.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 32 Spd / 224 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Agility
    - Baton Pass
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Thunderbolt

Normally I would start with a Choice Band Metagross or Aerodactyl lead, maybe even a CB Slaking lead just because if I get a right predict I do a lot of damage, but I was playing around with an older team and I kept betting screwed by Zapdos leads, so I decided to try one. Its done really well and I have excellent lead matchups a majority of the time, only thing I really have problems against is Aerodactyl but I got answers for it. Agility is good for taking advantage of beneficial matchups. Thunderbolt + Hidden Power [Grass] takes care of 90% of the stuff Zap has to worry about and Baton Pass lets me spread around +2 Speed or switch to a counter.

emespr330.png

Flygon @ Leftovers
    EVs: 80 HP / 224 Atk / 16 Def / 180 Spd / 8 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Rock Slide

Flygon has recently become one of my favorite pokemon since G80 on Smogon suggested trying it out on a TSS team, where it works wonders (Screech Flygon <3). I really love this set but I think the SubGon set might be better, the only thing I didn't like about using it (on a different team) was that if they switched to a surefire counter, I was down 19% HP for nothing. Earthquake gives me a reliable STAB, Fire Blast is for Skarmory and Forry (and Scizor I guess, but nobody uses that). Hidden Power [Bug] takes out Celebi and hurts other Grass-types besides Breloom who isn't really a threat because nobody uses it. Rock Slide hits Flying types and other stuff.

146.png

Moltres @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 40 HP / 216 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Morning Sun
    - Will-O-Wisp

Moltres is the oddball in this team when you look at it. A BL pokemon with mediocre typing and a fairly shallow movepool. I feel like its pretty underestimated though. Its Monstrous base 125 Special Attack, and 120 Base Power STAB Fire Blast tears through stuff. Salamence is 3HKO'd by Fire Blast (not really relevant because mence oHKO's with Rock SLide but it demonstrates the power). Will-O-Wisp is amazing for crippling switch ins, such as Mence, Flygon, and Swampert. Hidden Power [Grass] hits stuff like TTar and Swampert. Morning Sun heals which is very cool. I've swept outright with Moltres after BPing him a +2 boost (against good players too).

emespr257.png

Blaziken (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
    - Fire Blast
    - Rock Slide
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Swords Dance

Blaziken is one of my physical threats. Originally I had CM Reflect Jirachi here but my team was Blissey walled so I had to replace him. Fire Blast hits Weezing so it won't totally wall me. Sky Uppercut is an obligatory STAB move and Rock Slide hits Mence/Gyara et al for SE damage. I went with Adamant instead of Jolly because I am scared of Swampert. I also figured if I pass this guy an Agility boost and it gets an SD in its pretty much a win condition and Jolly with that just didn't seem to fit.

emespr376.png

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 40 Def / 8 Spd / 32 SDef
    - Earthquake
    - Meteor Mash
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

RestTalk Metagross is a very cool Pokemon. It is cool for coming into Dusclops and Weezing and taking their Will-O-Wisps. Its also a pretty heavy hitter, all things considering. Meteor Mash is an obligatory STAB move and Earthquake hits other steels. Unfortunately, its kind of spikes bait for Forry and Skarm, but those guys are usually the first switch-ins and I am confident enough to double-switch most of the time to not worry about it.

emespr094.png

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 72 Atk / 184 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Fire Punch
    - Focus Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt

Typical Gengar. I went with Fire Punch > Substitute because a) Tyranitar is a massive gay and b) its cool for suprising Forry and Metagross and Magneton. Thunderbolt hits Gengar and Starmie and other stuff like that. Ice Punch hits Mence/Flygon and other stuff. Focus Punch hits Blissey and Lax on the switch.

So yeah thats my team. Biggest problem is probably Flygon atm but I can usually handle it over time. Swampert/Skarm/Milotic are also pains but, yet again, I can wear them down over time. Heavy Stall teams are kind of a problem if I make a bad move but sometimes I can come out on top. 50/50. Thanks for reading. :)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • This is an unorthodox team which makes it fun, but what does Flygon do here? It doesn't really help with Suicune & Milotic and both are a pretty massive pain once Zapdos is worn down, and it just doesn't really do much. Metagross absorbs Thunder Wave well enough (switching Flygon into something like Blissey is dangerous for obvious reasons), and really Flygon is totally underpowered especially without either a Choice Band or Spikes support. Then again, I just really don't like Flygon.

As for a replacement I honestly have no idea, it's been over two years since I've played Advance and I seriously can't think of anything except a bulky Water-type, you could really use the physical Defense since Metagross's Earthquake weakness is so crippling. Being forced to predict around the game's top physical threats is a bad disadvantage for a team to have.

I've never used or played against Moltres. Is it actually good or are you just hyping it? Curious because it might be the better Pokemon to replace over Flygon. I think a bulky Water-type would be more useful than either one.

Oh how can you be bored of Black and White if you haven't played it/hardly know how it works lol

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Idk why I put Flygon, its typing + immunity was cool and its really good for somewhat handling CB Aerodactyl. HP Flying/double-edge is lame but resisting quakeslide is cool. I actually just put it in there because I couldn't think of anything else lol.

Moltres is actually really good (I did kind of hype it a bit) but I'm shocked at how well it did. I originally made a team that was horribly ice beam weak so I threw it on there as a fire type. Tyranitar is really detrimental to it, with Sandstorm lowering th effectiveness of Morning Sun but whatever. It also cripples mence on the switch with wow and has a lot of other cool stuff! I just basically wanted something to help keep Skarm teams under lots of pressure.

I'm not so much bored of Black/White as I am with playing a ROM that I can't read and literally playing blindly. Once they make a English patch it'll be alot more fun. I also find in-game pokemon boring in general, but thats just me.

Thanks for the rate though!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    DD Mence is a huge issue. I agree on the bulky water definitely.

Also Suicune owns you tbh i really dislike the 2 fires/Meta/Flygon letting it set up for free. :/

Last edited:

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years
  • Finally a Gen III RMT...It's been ages after I saw the last one!!
    As for the rating,I don't remember too much about gen 3,but I think you could use a cb Slaking lead,as it probably demolishes anything in those games.So i would suggest Slaking>moltres.

Bulky waters are a major problem for this team,so I think you might want zapdos in the mid-game rather than as a lead.

Dragons didn't do too much till the arrival of Gen IV,so flygon isn't too good.You might replace it with a bulky water type,or even a curselax for a nice strong wall.

I do like the agility+baton pass part,but why is blaziken adamant?Give it at least a neutral SpA nature.
    Hope I helped.

Back