• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV RuPaul's Drag Race [S8]

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    [PokeCommunity.com] RuPaul's Drag Race [S8]

I can't be the only one here who is addicted to the Olympics of Drag here, am I? If you too are gagging on the racers, let us have a kiki on the current season and its queens and spill all the tea and the shade. #sorryboutit #therealness

Come on, PC! Let's get sickening! -death drops-

What do y'all think of the Season 8 queens so far? Of the first three episodes aired thus far, who do you think should've won the respective challenges and who should have sashayed away? Which looks would you toot or boot? Best one-liner from each episode? And of course, who are you rooting for - both Top Three and Miss Congeniality?

Remember to hide all spoilers! Don't be shady, be a lady! :*​

i... have a headache

i'm guessing top 3 will be bob, kimchi and robbie, but i suppose derrick could sneak in as the courtney act of the season
    i wish there were more challenges focused on, oh, idk, clothing instead of 'how can rupaul give more bias to the acting/comedy queens in order to bring in ratings!'
    the last few seasons have had nearly nothing to do with the fashion aspect and more just about which twink can provide the best soundbite for the twinks at home

My Top 4 predictions are Bob, Kim Chi, Thorgy and Acid Betty. As of now, I'm seeing Naomi Smalls or Chi Chi Devayne as possible Miss Congeniality, though it is too early to gauge which queen is a fan favourite. I'm rooting for Kim Chi to take the crown. Thorgy is a quick second.

I do hope that there'll be more designing challenges. I was frankly getting bored with the consecutive acting/comedy challenges in season 7. There should be a perfect balance between the number of performance based challenges and craftsmanship based challenges.

Spoiler:

just saying
    there will never be a better lip sync than raja vs carmen in season 3

it was.... sensual, to say the least

Bob seems like the only stand out to me. Thirty is growing on me though. I don't think. Kimchi will win, she's got some great skills but doesn't seem very consistent.

I did followed RuPaul's Drag Race back in season 1, 2 and 3 with my mother. I have to watch the newest seasons!!

Okay... can we just talk about Snatch Game for a moment?

it was a very bleh episode
    all those kimonos lol... and the snatch game was even more hit/miss than usual, with mostly misses this time
    while bob obviously was the best, the edit did make him look like he was showboating and i wish he stuck to just his excellent uzo aduba/susanne performance, even though i enjoyed carol channing as well
    i think his tendency for monopolising is gonna be his downfall

whoever did eartha kitt (idr) made me laugh a few times and they were the only good performance i remember
    derrick couldn't even do britney well and that's...like...his whole shtick
    weak/cliched performances from everyone else

Last edited:
    Bob and ChiChi (the one who did Eartha Kitt) were the top two for me as well. The Michael Jackson was boring, the Britney was even more boring that it was criminal to watch. I was confused why they even let Kim Chi play as a made-up character. Diana Vreeland, such a good choice but a bad execution.... smh

100 Nights of Madonna was a complete mess. Extremely disappointing that I'd have booted every kimono look on the Fashion Ruview.

I do take slight issue that Bob was allowed to do two characters. It just seems off, especially considering the work the others put in to doing one. But yes, he was funny in an incredibly dull pool of "celebrities". It was a pretty shoddy Snatch Game - there weren't even any hilariously bad ones, they were all just eh.

I'm surprised Acid Betty is gone so soon. Especially with Derrick Barry and a few other lackluster queens still in. ;-;

Back