• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Safekeeping

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    This isn't really necessary anymore thanks to PokéBank, but before it was available, though, have you ever let your friends, acquaintances, or just about anybody you know hold onto your Pokémon temporarily for safekeeping prior to restarting your game? If so, approximately how many times have you done it in total? Were you always able to get your Pokémon without any trouble, or did they wind up keeping a few? Also, what are your overall thoughts on this entire process? :p

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    Ive done that 2 times, the first time was with my neighbour, who kept all, and gave me all of them without problems, this was on emerald, he had to release like 100 zigzagoons xDD

My second time was with pokemon x with some random guy i dont remember the name, (i remember but he don't wants me to talk about him) and we make a deal, i was going to restart my game, so he asked if he could keep xerneas and mewtwo with the mega stone, so i accepted, anyway i was going to get another 2 after beating the game anyway :P but again, he had to release like 30 pidgeys and 30 fletchlings xDDD

But anyway, it was a bit painfull to know that this guys had all your pokes and they could do bad things, luckily, i didn't had to experience something like losing everything, if someone have to do this, do it with someone who's really really really nice, or pay 5€ and use the pokebank and keep restarting the game every day if u want :P

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I never really dealt with that prior to this gen... I never restarted, and noone asked me to hold thier guys.

This gen though, I've been helping some people out by holding onto thier Megastones and whatnot, since the bank doesn't let you deposit items.

Years
  • I used to not be able to connect to wifi so I actually bought a DSi and a DS lite back in gen 4 just so I could trade with myself, start a new game, and then trade over a fresh team I had hand picked and bred. I did this probably a total of 6 times. Going back and forth on Heart Gold and Platinum. It was pretty nifty at the time but I love Pokebank. Best thing to ever happen to Pokemon. I wish they allowed you to transfer from the Gen 4 games as well. That would have been perfect.

Years
  • This is just a little bit off topic but the only way the bank would be perfect is if you could store items with your pokemon. It is not like the Items would hurt them or the game at all.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • This is just a little bit off topic but the only way the bank would be perfect is if you could store items with your pokemon. It is not like the Items would hurt them or the game at all.

This. Why oh why could they not have added this in pokebank :( Cloning items would be so much easier.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years

I really thought the reasoning behind that was so that people couldn't transfer hacked items.

Years
  • you cant transfer hacked anything. if you put a hacked pokemon in in the bank it says it will be deleted

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • yeah I had a friend to hold my pokemon for me so I could star a new game on pokemon X and I hardly new him, BUT it was worth I got two off my pokemon evolved my trade.

Pumpbakoo >>> gougiest

Electabuzz >>> electavire

so yeah he traded back to me and we became friends good friends. so in the end its ok to get help from other people, if you have the instincts lol :-)

Cloudy J

Cloud Queen
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 16, 2018
    I've never restarted any of my games, I just use Pokebank to store a living dex and all the extra 'mon from breeding shinies and also to get Pokemon from Y to OR as I only have 1 3DS.

However, my best friend likes to restart her game sometimes and I hold onto any pokemon she wants to keep as well as holding pokemon from her X to trade back to her in her AS. It's always easy and hassle free since we're such good friends and I would never steal her pokemon :)

Years
  • I've let my brother hold on to my Pokemon for me in the past! He only did it if I let him pick two Pokemon he got to keep, but other than that it was always really easy :)

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    i used to and still do use my xd gale of darkness & coliseum saves to safe keep pokemon as i reseted my gba games.the only time i ever needed anything from was just to borrow their systems so that i could transfer between games.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Oh my god, I think once in Platinum Version or something, I asked my friend to hold onto like 2 full boxes worth of Pokémon... I don't know how they didn't hate me LOL. They probably did, they were just too nice to say anything. I think that this happened a couple times, too :x

I really wish I had Pokémon Box for Ruby and Sapphire too, I usually use XD or Colosseum to safekeep Pokémon on there, but Box would have probably saved me hours (maybe even days) worth of trading Pokémon before restarting a game.

Back