• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many Pokemon do you breed a day looking for Shiny?

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2014
How many eggs do you breed a day and how many hours a day do you work on it?

I'm looking for my shiny froakie (21 eggs and still no shiny neither perfect 6IV)
but I have to go to work, etc, and I just want to know how many hours a day is ok to be patient for the shiny breeding?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
How many eggs do you breed a day and how many hours a day do you work on it?

I'm looking for my shiny froakie (21 eggs and still no shiny neither perfect 6IV)
but I have to go to work, etc, and I just want to know how many hours a day is ok to be patient for the shiny breeding?

With the Shiny Charm and Masuda Method I'd say a couple of hundred eggs is usual for hatching a shiny. Breeding a 6IV Pokemon is a lot easier; the exact number of eggs required depends on your starting point.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I go through dozens upon dozens a day and maybe only get 1 usable one per day, if that. I never bother trying to breed for a Shiny though because that would likely take forever. I DID however end up getting a shiny Fennekin and a Shiny Chespin within 5 - 10 eggs of each other. The Fennekin had a terrible nature so I traded it for a legendary, and the Chespin had the perfect nature! Sadly I wasn't IV breeding at the time so it has, possibly, 1 IV. I too am looking for a Shiny Froakie, however I just want it for it's Pokedex entry (since I have the full shiny Fennekin and Chespin line) but yes, as Berlyda said it can take hundreds of eggs to get, and without Masuda MEthod OR Shiny Charm, it could take thousands. I was lucky as I got several shinies within a few dozen eggs (I tend to stop breeding when I get the IV spread I want) but none of them ever have good IVs so I never keep them for battling.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2014
Yeah still no Shiny but I have two Perfect 6 IV Froakies, with I Think Serious and another nature which also doesn't boost or put less Values on stats.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Yeah, it's normal for shinies to pop up after several hundred eggs. Or even several thousand eggs if you're unlucky (like a certain Absol). Even with the shiny charm and Masuda method, the chances of it occurring remain very low.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I bred over 2,500 eggs and not a single shiny. :( And now I have four shinies in less than a thousand. It's all about skill luck when it comes to shinies.

Years
When I was breeding my shiny Noibat for MM, I went through three boxes of them a night and, with Flame Body and Hatching Power Level 3, would hatch a box's worth in around an hour. I got it in 174 eggs, but I had the Shiny Charm so there was that going for me. It depends on how busy I am, how many steps the Pokémon takes to hatch, etc.

Years
I have tried to make it a habit to hatch at least 15 a day. I usually do this over the course of 4-5 hours when I get off work. I usually work on them during smoke breaks at the house.
On the weekends, I usually hatch around 50 a day. I think the most I have ever had the time and patience for in one day was around 150-175.

Elements1

Meh
Years
I try to breed about 20 a day, though I usually only get to 10-15. I'm too addicted to battling to try and hatch a lot at once. My first MM shiny got hatched after 163 eggs ^^

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I've only started breeding now and am currently MMing for a perfect IVed Swinub. Hope I hatch one soon. I'm already through a full box.
Although, I do hatch about 20 eggs a day.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
If I'm really into it, I can do a few hundred a day. But the other day, I got a Shiny Espurr in only 11 eggs XD My lucky day \o/

KatTayle

Cat Pokemon lover
Years
I've ended up with a shiny ralts and honedge from breeding, both on accident lol. I usually hatch a box or two a day, just do it in the background while on tumblr

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
I'm on 180 for shiny pichu got eevee in 42 eggs though, no shiny charm

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
Years
I once bread a shiny Venipede using the Masuda method in about 7 eggs, I think. But I consider myself lucky.

Years
I think it depends on how fast you hatch eggs, egg cycles, how much time you have, etc. Personally, I've hatched a 3-4iv honedge a while back. I wasn't really trying to get a shiny but I was somewhat hoping to get one since I was using a Japanese honedge and my own. It took me about 3 batches of eggs so approx 11-15 eggs. Recently, I hatched a shiny Rotom within 182 eggs (6 boxes total and 2 extra pokes). Wasn't paying attention when it hatched so I only noticed when I was putting it in the box. Now I'm trying for a protean froakie. I've learned my lesson about keeping 6 boxes worth of pokes so I'm releasing the froakies as each batch is done.

Edit: this is all done without the shiny charm. And just a tip, to increase odds of daycare man giving you an egg, try and use a foreign poke of the same species. Otherwise, use ditto.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I just started breeding shinies yesterday (I got roped into it, actually) and 7 boxes (6.5 really) later, I got me a (non-useable) shiny. That's what, about 200 eggs?

Then again, I'm well known to have ridiculous luck with gen 6.

Back