• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sudden obvious realizations in Pokemon?

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
Has there ever been something Pokemon related that you just suddenly realized, in spite of it having been incredibly obvious?

A big one for me was... realizing Lugia has fingers. I use to love Lugia to obsessive levels, and it took me more than a decade to realize it has fingers. I have no idea how I missed this when it was so obvious.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
I'm gonna move this over to Pokémon General as really it can apply to anything in the Pokémon universe! :)
Fine by me... does it still count towards the event? >> lol I actually have no idea if threads in Pokemon General count or if they have to be in PGC.

Years
Not gonna lie, even though Sharpedo's name made it obvious (shark + torpedo), I went through the entire 3rd generation not realizing that Sharpedo didn't have a tail. The way the RSE sprite was angled just made it look like it's back half was hidden out of view, so I didn't think anything of it until I tried using on in Pokemon Platinum.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Not gonna lie, even though Sharpedo's name made it obvious (shark + torpedo), I went through the entire 3rd generation not realizing that Sharpedo didn't have a tail. The way the RSE sprite was angled just made it look like it's back half was hidden out of view, so I didn't think anything of it until I tried using on in Pokemon Platinum.
... So THAT is why!

*realization*

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
Could be me, but it was only a few years ago that I realized that Jessie, James, Cassidy, and Butch are named after American outlaws, Jesse James and Butch Cassidy. I'm Australian, but I thought that should have been obvious.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 29, 2020

I literally didn't know that until I read this post... I thought its second fin was its tail peeking out... its new back sprite looks surreal to me now!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
The Lopunny and Delcatty lines were version exclusives in BW2. It's funny because while they are both normals with similar stats-one is a friendship evo, and the other evolves by stones!

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Guys. Guys guys guys guys. Guys.

Remember Razz beries? Razz berries? As in raspberries? Isn't that cool!?

I also seem to learn something new about Bug types every time I fight one/use one. "What you mean Fairy types are resistant to Bug!?"

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
I literally just realized Drew from the anime is based off the cooltrainer sprite from R/S/E yesterday, after watching most of Advanced Generation.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
POLIWAG

FOR YEARS I THOUGHT THE SPIRAL WAS ITS MOUTH AND ITS ACTUAL MOUTH WAS ITS NOSE

IT'S NOT AS CUTE TO ME ANYMORE

Years
I use to be completely confused by many of the R/B sprites...especially the back sprites....a couple of them still do to this day.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Actually, today I discovered that Krokorok's gen 5 sprite had its arms crossed. {XD}

Years
Actually, today I discovered that Krokorok's gen 5 sprite had its arms crossed. {XD}

Krokorok is not amused at that, that's why his arms are crossed. ;)

Could be me, but it was only a few years ago that I realized that Jessie, James, Cassidy, and Butch are named after American outlaws, Jesse James and Butch Cassidy. I'm Australian, but I thought that should have been obvious.

How about Ned and Kelly? lol. That should be an interesting duo. XD.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I also didn't realise Sharpedo doesn't have a tail until Gen 6. I even went searching up it's R/S sprites and so on. It looks so weird to me now!
Also - Swoobat has legs. It took me a good while to notice that.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Not poke related, but if we have animals called bees, why don't we have animals called A's?

Back