• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Reviving the Dead [January 2016]

Which are your favourites?

• Total voters
Years
  • Welcome to Advance Generation's new featured thread- the Poll of the Month! Seeing as this board's a bit slower than most on PokéCommunity, we'll be doing monthly polls rather than weekly ones, but the premise will be the same- pick one of the options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. Also going forward, if any of you have a question that you would like to see featured as the PotM, feel free to send me a VM with your idea(s), or leave it with your post in this thread. If your topic gets picked, you may even be awarded with a special emblem!

Now with all that said, this week's poll question is:

"Of the fossil Pokémon native to Kanto and Hoenn, which are your favourites?"

Oh... did you think that this thread was going to be about Ghost-type Pokémon based on the title? Well, it's not like the Pokémon inside the fossils went for a long sleep or something... oh wait. Anyway, pick as few or as many of the options that you like, and happy voting!

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I was thinking this was about Ghost type Pokémon but then saw it was for the fossil Pokémon. I picked Anorith and Armaldo. I think Anorith looks kind of cute and Armaldo was on my play-through team.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I voted for only all the Kanto fossils. Maybe it's due to my nostalgia, but although I'm okay with the Hoenn ones they don't really interest me much compared with the Kanto ones. However, they're pretty cool for Steven's team.

Years
  • I voted for Hoenn's fossils, but that's because not only do I like Hoenn better than Kanto, it's also because their types are more unique, especially Lileep and Cradily who in their case, their type combination is exclusive to them.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • No zombies here? Okay...

Anyway, I really like the fossil Pokémon and although Aerodactyl is my favorite, I voted for Kabutops, Omastar and Cradily as well as they're close runner-ups. (Armaldo is just an oversized shrimp.)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I reaaaaally don't like the Hoenn ones. I found both of them hideous.
    omanyte.png

This little guy will always have a place in my heart as my first fossil Pokémon. I also remember from one of my FR playthroughs that he's not bad as a late-game water-type. I think I just had an HM slave before that.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Honestly, these fossil Pokemon are very underwhelming to me. At the time they first came out i thought they were all so cool but then as time went by they lost their appeal tremendously to me. Now the only fossil Pokemon of these two generations that is still pretty awesome to me is Kabutops. Those long blades of its are amazing and its design is so sleek in my eyes. So Kabutops is my vote! :)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I like the designs of all...can never get over my hatred of Cradily from the first time I discovered Steven in Emerald (I only had a lv. 100 Salamence and lots of full restore, was training pokémon up in levels), and just could not defeat it.

Aerodactyl is probably my favourite because of my preference for dragons

rickonstark

the forgotten son
    Years
  • i really like the design of Aerodactyl, and he's pretty strong in game too. i also like Cradily. though its moves are really bad, i still ended up using it. just because it looks like a big D. lol ^^

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Kabutops and Armaldo because they are the coolest-looking. Cradily is just bleh and Omastar is ok I guess.

I don't have any opinions on Aerodactyl.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Aerodactyl, it just has the best design of them all imo. I do like the Kabuto/Kabutops line too, but not enough to warrant voting for them as well.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Oh I didn't know you could pick more than one! I picked Aerodactyl because it's really really nice looking and I think it's really fierce!

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
  • Honestly, I think most of the Kanto and Hoenn fossil mons are cool, particularly Aerodactyl and Kabutops (especially for the awesome Aerodactyl/Kaputops zombie duo in the Latios & Latias movie), but none of them speak out to me like Anorith does. I'm not particularly sure why. It was the one I picked way back in Emerald, and it's just been one of my favorite Pokémon ever since. He's such a cutie <3 Look at 'em little bug eyes~

yA2I7W5.png

source

Amaura is definitely my favorite fossil Pokémon overall, but Anorith is definitely close behind in 2nd. Armaldo is cool and all, but I love Anorith a lot more. :) He may have frail typing, but he seems to be a pretty useful support in competitive. I oughta use him in LC one of these days. ^^

Back