• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

And Yukari
    Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Watching 2 CG shows this season and surprisingly, even up to date, neither of them are bad. Bubuki Buranki's just as hype as episode one and does some pretty neat animation tricks to silence stillness. Plus it's fucking badass when it's badass. Quite the fan of the animation in this show.

And Ajin...jury's still out on that one. But so far it isn't bad. Conceptually, it's the Tokyo Ghoul of this season, minus the people nomnomming. And, so far, I like it more.

Fun season so far. Might get into Erased, since that's getting a lot of hubbub.

Years

There's a lot of fun stuff this season. Read most of the source material, but still pretty good adaptations.

I think MuvLuv Schwazesmarken is the only one I'm somewhat in the dark as to how it goes tho. But considering all of continental Europe falls to the xenomorphs in the end makes the whole backstabbing Stazi plot kinda moot lol

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

As far as what's new this season, Ojisan and Marshmallow is adorable and short, so it's worth checking out.

Bubuki Buranki, as I've mentioned, is my favorite newcomer this season so far. If you like cool shit with some interestingly designed characters and some non-aesthetic design choices that kinda remind me of Kill Lagann Kill, so I'd recommend giving that a poke.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend the hell out of Osomatsu-san. There aren't really any other shows like it and Japan's loving it- as am I. Nothing really contended as a Comedy with it last season and, save for what's a pretty solid season of Teekyu so far ("Serious Respect"), nothing seems to be doing so this season either. Especially not Gintama, since it has its serious glasses on right now.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Holes are fun, aren't they

Especially ones in plotlines

Also....Chuggaa raises a valid point

Spiritomb is 108 spirits bound to an Odd Keystone

...it weighs 238.1lbs and is 3 feet, 3 inches tall

Were you just carrying a 238.1lb, 3 foot tall rock in your bag until you talked to 32 people?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Analyzing RWBY's animation's been pretty interesting. I have gripes about a lot of things and like various others, but I think, above everything else, Oum was really good at speaking with the eyes. Using the eyes to make the characters more expressive is his forte, which is surprising considering before that was Red Vs. Blue (where eyes were barely shown). Kudos.

Years
  • As far as what's new this season, Ojisan and Marshmallow is adorable and short, so it's worth checking out.

Already on that one.

Bubuki Buranki, as I've mentioned, is my favorite newcomer this season so far. If you like cool **** with some interestingly designed characters and some non-aesthetic design choices that kinda remind me of Kill Lagann Kill, so I'd recommend giving that a poke.

What's the basic premise?

If you haven't already, I'd recommend the hell out of Osomatsu-san. There aren't really any other shows like it and Japan's loving it- as am I. Nothing really contended as a Comedy with it last season and, save for what's a pretty solid season of Teekyu so far ("Serious Respect"), nothing seems to be doing so this season either. Especially not Gintama, since it has its serious glasses on right now.

Is that the one that had its first episode pulled/altered last season?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • What's the basic premise?
    That's...a tough question. The latest episode reveals that it's in the survival game/tournament genre...I think. Or that it can be. And it's about a group of kids that are trying to achieve...a revolution? After...

Um...I don't think I HAVE a basic premise. Put simply though, a group of kids use living weapons and occasionally a mech to bring about revolution and do cool shit. I...I guess.

Is that the one that had its first episode pulled/altered last season?
    Yes. Won't even be on the Blu-Rays. Worth it, though, that first episode was fucking fantastic. After that the show takes a...well, the comedy's the same (well, it can be, the comedy for Osomatsu's never really set. It's more of a gradient), but the hook's gone. Which is fine, since it's pretty obvious from the getgo that what episode 1 does is for episode 1 alone.

Years
  • That's...a tough question. The latest episode reveals that it's in the survival game/tournament genre...I think. Or that it can be. And it's about a group of kids that are trying to achieve...a revolution? After...

Um...I don't think I HAVE a basic premise. Put simply though, a group of kids use living weapons and occasionally a mech to bring about revolution and do cool ****. I...I guess.

Yes. Won't even be on the Blu-Rays. Worth it, though, that first episode was ****ing fantastic. After that the show takes a...well, the comedy's the same (well, it can be, the comedy for Osomatsu's never really set. It's more of a gradient), but the hook's gone. Which is fine, since it's pretty obvious from the getgo that what episode 1 does is for episode 1 alone.

Oh. I'll go ahead and add those to the back of my catchup list, then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back