• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Creepiest part about X/Y

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
For me it is definitely the ghost girl in the elite 4. I didn't see it in my game, but the videos creeps me out.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
There's two things in general that are creepy for me: Professor Sycamore being a creeper, and the fact that the main villain is treated as misguided and sympathetic despite the fact that he just attempted to murder almost every living creature and was narrowly thwarted by a few kids. Sycamore can come off as a creep if you're playing as a girl, considering that all the women (even your mother) like him, he just visits you and gives you presents for no reason, and is best friends with the main bad guy, which I'll get to in a minute. To my knowledge he doesn't hunt the other kids in your party out like this, and doesn't really appear to do anything important even when it would be logical for him to do so (like again, his friend trying to murder everybody.) Considering he looks like he's in his late 20s and is a bit overly friendly with you it doesn't really detract from the creep factor.

Now, concerning the second thing. We have a guy who attempted to murder every living creature on Earth, even going as far as broadcasting it to everyone telling them they were going to die. He is just barely thwarted by you and your friends, and is attempting to commit mass genocide in the first place because he was worried there wouldn't be enough resources for everyone. The goal itself isn't something that's even been hinted at in Pokemon, and not only is he treated sympathetically by the Professor, but we the viewers are expected to feel bad for him too. Just what kind of universe is this where a guy who hates humanity to the point of wanting to murder them all for barely any reason sympathetic? We've had three villainous teams before this try such a thing (not counting the side games), with the first two doing it by accident and the latter one actually getting booked by the authorities. Why on earth are the people in Kalos so willing to forgive this man for attempting something so cruel and heartless? The fact that the main authority figures don't even try to help just drives the point home further. Do they not really care about being done in by a mad man, or at least not enough to try attempt to stop him? And is resource scarcity THAT bad in Pokemon, considering that the world is not only populated with creatures that constantly produce resources, but is also much less urbanized?

Oh, and I forgot Diggersby and Bibaracle. Those two need no introduction.

Years
For me it is definitely the ghost girl in the elite 4. I didn't see it in my game, but the videos creeps me out.
That was actually in ORAS if you're referring to the ghost girl with Phoebe. Still very spooky though. I thought about that for days X.X

And speaking of ghost girls, for me it was Lumoise City's. She was terrifying! I first saw a video of it and that freaked the heck out of me. Like her floating from the elevator past you and then her saying "No you are not the one I'm looking for" or something like that (it's 2:00 AM for me and I'm not ready to look that quote up). And after that reading the note behind one of the signpost in the train station that said something like "I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place." Man I'm getting chills. You can make so may theories with what happened to her. And thinking back, I did remember one last thing. In Lumiose City, there was even a boy (not sure where) that said "No it's not here" or "No I can't find it" like he's looking for that signpost.

Reactions: Sun
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm not sure if there's anything that I personally found to be creepy, per se, but the Lumiose City ghost girl was definitely interesting. I'm looking forward to see whether if they have any explanation for this in any of their future installments.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Definitely, Lumoise ghost girl that gives me the goosebumps.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
That was actually in ORAS if you're referring to the ghost girl with Phoebe. Still very spooky though. I thought about that for days X.X

And speaking of ghost girls, for me it was Lumoise City's. She was terrifying! I first saw a video of it and that freaked the heck out of me. Like her floating from the elevator past you and then her saying "No you are not the one I'm looking for" or something like that (it's 2:00 AM for me and I'm not ready to look that quote up). And after that reading the note behind one of the signpost in the train station that said something like "I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place." Man I'm getting chills. You can make so may theories with what happened to her. And thinking back, I did remember one last thing. In Lumiose City, there was even a boy (not sure where) that said "No it's not here" or "No I can't find it" like he's looking for that signpost.

Oops sorry yes I was talking about ORAS! But yes, in X/Y the ghost is still there and it still creepy.. I wonder if we'll see the ghost in the future games.

Reactions: Sun

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I wonder if we'll see the ghost in the future games.
I wouldn't be surprised if we do see her again in the future. I'd prefer that they do, since I want to know what's the story behind her. Don't just throw in some ghost girl who says "No, you're not the one" and then leave it at that Game Freak =(

Years
Well the whole pokemon universe is a bit creepy since humans in this universe are just enslaving everything that is not human. I remember loving the Pokemon anime when I was little for example, then I watched the first episode of it a few weeks ago and it gave me the creeps seeing how Ash was like; "Say goodbye to your freedom, Pidgey!"
Other than that, I would definitely go for that creepy girl in the Pokemon Lab of Lumiose City.

Years
While many say the Lumiose City ghost girl was the creepiest part of the game, for me it was actually that shack on Route 14. There was just something so weird about that old man in there, and there was even an episode in the XY anime (the one where Ash and co. visited an old man who was actually dead) that reminded me so much of it.

Years
The main villain, all of him. The guy just made my skin crawl through the entire game, pretty much. I found him extremely unsettling. Everything about him has an odd dramatic air to it. He's obsessed with aesthetics and youth, then ups the ante by doing everything he does in the game. I thought he was pretty oddly, cartoonishly dramatic in the Café Soleil encounter. I somehow managed to brush off his intentions of him clearly being the villain... until the broadcast part. Then I just forgot I was playing a cutesy, happy game. Totally threw me off.

"Saving the lives of all is impossible. Only the chosen ones will obtain a ticket to tomorrow. Do you want to have a ticket? Or, do you want to stop me?"

"When there is only one of something, it can't be shared. When something can't be shared, it will be fought over. And when something is fought over, some must survive without it. The only way to create a world where people live in beauty, a world without conflict or theft, is to reduce the number of living things."

*shudders* I thought BW had a dark story, but the contrast of XY being super colorful and the main villain was just... creepy - but hey, I love creepy. I thought it was well done.

There's also Phantump's Pokédex entry.

According to old tales, these Pokémon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest.

"Dead" and "children" in the same sentence make for some of the creepiest backstories...

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
There's two things in general that are creepy for me: Professor Sycamore being a creeper, and the fact that the main villain is treated as misguided and sympathetic despite the fact that he just attempted to murder almost every living creature and was narrowly thwarted by a few kids. Sycamore can come off as a creep if you're playing as a girl, considering that all the women (even your mother) like him, he just visits you and gives you presents for no reason, and is best friends with the main bad guy, which I'll get to in a minute. To my knowledge he doesn't hunt the other kids in your party out like this, and doesn't really appear to do anything important even when it would be logical for him to do so (like again, his friend trying to murder everybody.) Considering he looks like he's in his late 20s and is a bit overly friendly with you it doesn't really detract from the creep factor.

Now, concerning the second thing. We have a guy who attempted to murder every living creature on Earth, even going as far as broadcasting it to everyone telling them they were going to die. He is just barely thwarted by you and your friends, and is attempting to commit mass genocide in the first place because he was worried there wouldn't be enough resources for everyone. The goal itself isn't something that's even been hinted at in Pokemon, and not only is he treated sympathetically by the Professor, but we the viewers are expected to feel bad for him too. Just what kind of universe is this where a guy who hates humanity to the point of wanting to murder them all for barely any reason sympathetic? We've had three villainous teams before this try such a thing (not counting the side games), with the first two doing it by accident and the latter one actually getting booked by the authorities. Why on earth are the people in Kalos so willing to forgive this man for attempting something so cruel and heartless? The fact that the main authority figures don't even try to help just drives the point home further. Do they not really care about being done in by a mad man, or at least not enough to try attempt to stop him? And is resource scarcity THAT bad in Pokemon, considering that the world is not only populated with creatures that constantly produce resources, but is also much less urbanized?

Oh, and I forgot Diggersby and Bibaracle. Those two need no introduction.
True, true.

The moment I saw him I was like "oh team flare". I mean, the orange hair, the red cafe, the creepy quotes, ect ect.
And those idiots in lumoise saying that team flare will save the world. AHEM, THEY JUST SHUT DOWN HALF THE CITY YOU LIVE IN!!! everyone in this game seems so naive.

Dont forget their stupid uniforms. who in their right mind would wear that and think it was cool? are they drunk?

And lack of resources seems like an odd reason to destroy the world considering it's 5M to wear a stupid uniform.
Anyway, if they blow up the whole world, wouldn't they die as well? weirdos.

Finally that guy in laverre. the fact that he still is wearing his uniform just annoys me so much.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
The creepiest part for me was that ghost girl in Lumiose City. I wasn't really expecting something like that in a Pokémon game so it kind of caught me off guard.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
The creepiest part for me would be Lumiose City itself! Why? Lumiose City is based on Paris, right? And there's the Catacombs of Paris, which holds around six million people's remains!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris

The fact that there's a spirit of a Hex Maniac in Lumiose doesn't make it any better! Fortunately, Lumiose doesn't have Ghost-type as its local gym's specialty.

We might be seeing Catacombs of Paris in Pokemon Z though.... -shivers-

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
The creepiest part for me would be Lumiose City itself! Why? Lumiose City is based on Paris, right? And there's the Catacombs of Paris, which holds around six million people's remains!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris

The fact that there's a spirit of a Hex Maniac in Lumiose doesn't make it any better! Fortunately, Lumiose doesn't have Ghost-type as its local gym's specialty.

We might be seeing Catacombs of Paris in Pokemon Z though.... -shivers-

I have this headcanon that Lysandre Labs in Lumoise is built inside of those Catacombs. XD

To me, this part of X/Y was creepy in a dark humor kind of way:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6GvfAJZncXc

Creepy in that a PC in a Pokemon game actually made a joke about what they planned on doing, but yet kind of funny in that they ruined my favorite song in style.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
The fact that the leader of Team Flare invented the Holo Caster, and that Team Flare spies on Holo Caster messages...god that's creepy. Literally everyone in Kalos's privacy was compromised. It's very 1984 Big Brother-ish, and that kind of stuff always creeps me out to no end.

Related to that, though slightly less creepy, is just how deeply rooted Team Flare is in Kalos society. The team leader is in control of the region's most popular mode of communication, one of its members is a news caster and is in the Elite Four, and heck they operate right out in the open with their cafe in Lumiose. I don't think we've seen another team quite like them in that regard, so Kalos is largely controlled by Team Flare, in a way.

Last edited:

Rantiki

Champion of SEN Children
Years
I call Professor Sycamore "Played by Benedict Cumberbatch" the floppy hair, the easy charm...the weird liney stubble?

For me the creepy part had to be the Hex Maniacs, especially when you meet the one that doesn't understand how to play it...it's like Pokemon's version of the following..

Also I find it amusing, reminds me of the old joke..."What do you get a Hex Maniac for Christmas...no the question is WHERE do you get a Hex Maniac for Christmas!"

Sarah

Years
Does anyone remember that shack on Route 14? The old man in there freaked the hell out of me when he talked about the "faceless men".

blue

gucci
Years
But this...

YRYSJ.jpg

Pretty sure she reappears in ORAS too.

Back