• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Operation Resurgence Inferno

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
  • Hey guys this is my first time writing a fic in an awfully long time! One of my friends from college recently confided in me that she writes fanfiction and it brought up some old feelings. I think I've developed a lot as a writer since the last time I wrote a fic - back in 2011/2012 - particularly in terms of grammar. I'd love to hear your guys thoughts, this was just a little fun that I've had on my mind as a story for a long while. I'm a little rusty, especially when it comes to fight scenes, but I'm hoping to improve as I go. Any and all feedback will be much appreciated.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Pokémon.
    WARNING: This story contains acts of mild violence.

The world in which this fic is taking place in is most similar to the world of the Pokémon Adventures Manga. It is my own interpretation of the Pokémon World and I completely understand if people will disagree with my perceptions.

This story will be told through the eyes of several different original characters. There will most likely be no more than one narrator per chapter - as a result most posts will be around 2,000 words. The narrator will not give much description of themselves and as a result the protagonists will be painted by the other narrators.

_______

Chapter 1
    Joshua's POV.
    7th March.

BANG.

A massive explosion could be heard in the near distance. In a fit of panic I leapt from my bed and leaden-footedly dashed to my window. I peered out and there was fire surrounding the building I was inside. I was currently residing in a small hostel in Cherrygrove town. I couldn't compose myself and began to shake – what was going on?

Eventually the heat was starting to touch my skin. People were screaming inside the homely residence I was currently in and I feared for our lives. I unclipped one of the tiny, spherical capsules from my belt and enlarged it using the button in the middle. I tossed it in front of me and emerging from it was a red beam of light which eventually formed the shape of a Dragonite. This large, rounded dragon was seemingly different than usual creatures of its kind. It was primarily a green colour replacing the orange-ish which was commonplace. I nodded at the creature, an action which was reciprocated, and it began to blast water at all fire inside the building.

I darted outside holding another Pokéball tightly in my grasp. The fire was spreading outwards throughout the tiny town. I bit my lip; I knew this was no coincidence.

"So this is the famous Joshua O' Grady?" a rough voice called out through the air. It was getting very difficult to breathe in these conditions but I knew what I had to do. Repeating my earlier actions with the capsule, I released the Thunderbolt Pokémon and barked for it to help the inhabitants of the hostel to escape to safety. The panic in my voice was clear and Electivire obeyed without a second thought, he was always my best friend. My attention then snapped to the person who had spoken just moments before. He was quite an imposing figure to say the least. He towered above me, and was extremely bulky. If that wasn't enough he was flanked by four people to each side.

"What's with your clothes dude?" I quizzed, regarding their mysterious red cloaks that they were donning. I was met with a cackle. I was feeling very uncomfortable now and had a very bad feeling about this. "Nine on one huh? Doesn't seem very fair to me," I said trying my best to remain calm. I needed Dragonite to hurry up and get here so we could try and escape.

The towering man stood forward, a few chuckles and cackles from his peers followed me taking a step backwards. "Oh, don't worry. I'll beat you on my own," he stated. He then gestured for me to make the first move.

I was beginning to sweat; I knew I had to stall him. "You really think you can beat me in a one on one battle?" I laughed, quite convincingly if I do say so myself, "You do know who I am right?" I smirked. "I AM JOSHUA O' GRADY. I AM A LEGENDARY POKÉMON HUNTER. I COLLECT SHINY POKÉMON. I'M NOT GOING TO BE STOPPED BY SOME OVERGROWN CULT LEADER."

"Oh Mr. O' Grady, I'm not the leader... Not even close," he said with a fire burning in his eyes. I should've known – he was clearly a follower, his cloak looked identical to the others. I smirked in response. I heard the door closing faintly in the distance, the others and the owners of the hostel were escaping with the help of Electivire. Now was the time to blow these losers back.

In the blink of an eye I released one of my oldest partners. Victreebel stood alone in the space between me and the large, bald male. The Grass type Pokémon towered at a massive 5' tall and was very intimidating to say the least. I expected for my opponent to be at least slightly taken aback – I was very wrong though and he took what seemed to be an eternity to make his move. A confident smile enveloped his face. He released a massive camel-like Pokémon. I gulped, it was Camerupt – a Fire type Pokémon. This guy had the type advantage on us, but I was sure we could outmatch him for skill. I immediately knew I had to stay close to the Camerupt as it had the ability to obliderate us of it could charge up a powerful Fire Blast or Eruption.

Victreebel darted towards its foe with both of the leaves attached to its torso glowing green. The Pokémon began twisting in and out, darting at and away from the Fire type slashing it with a Leaf Blade attack. It rinsed and repeated this tactic to deal damage to the Camerupt and it was evident that it was far too speedy to be caught. I smirked, I was getting more confident. I should have had more faith in one of my oldest pals.

"Now," whispered my adversary.

I barely had a moment to react when chunks of the ground began raising from the ground and crashing into and around my Victreebel. My smirk vanished. This guy did know what he was doing after all. My eyes darted to him he wasn't revealing any emotion. What was he thinking?

I regained concentration on the battle at hand and I gritted my teeth. The Camerupt had created distance between itself and us. Victreebel began to charge up a Solarbeam and with the fire around us it was able to gain all the energy it needed. It released a massive blast from its mouth after locking on to its target. The white beam of energy flew towards the Fire type creature. It was aimed perfectly and was due to crash directly into its face. Moments before it could however our foe breathed out flames that were shaped like star. Our Solarbeam was evaporated on contract and the fire attack dashed at Victreebel. It connected full on as we had no chance at escape. I grimaced, but held on hope that we could have survived the attack.

This was very optimistic and the Grass-Poison hybrid crashed to the ground with a massive thud. I was really starting to panic as I recalled the creature to a safe haven in its Pokéball.

"And what is the legendary Joshua O' Grady going to do now?" he bellowed. The word legendary caught in my throat. I released my last remaining Pokémon that I had with me at the time. A massive grizzly bear emerged in front of me. Its fur was a brilliant shade of emerald, it was another shiny Pokémon. This time I had a better plan in mind.

The Camerupt began firing large balls of fire and molten rock from the two volcano-like craters on its back. The destruction caused by this to our surroundings was shocking. For just a moment though I took in the beauty it caused. The flames proved an excellent contrast to the brisk, clear night sky. The burning buildings made for a wondrous sight. The sea glimmered in an even more attractive way that it had before – in fact I noticed the black ship again like I had earlier in the day. I guess I should have paid more attention to that earlier. One particular chunk of magma I had been following grazed past Ursaring's arm leaving his skin singed. He let out a massive roar and I knew what was to follow.
    The emerald clad Hibernator Pokémon darted towards the Camerupt and arrived at its destination in the blink of an eye. The green arm that was subject to attack from the Fire type was then used in several slashes and blows to the torso and face. A brutal headbutt crashed into the jaw of the camel and sent in tumbling back. Ursaring let out another battle cry and began to slam its stomach repeatedly. My smugness returned and knew this was it. The bear began to unleash a fury I'd never seen from another Pokémon and tore through the Camerupt like it was freshly hatched Caterpie.

I looked at my gigantic foe with a smile but dropped it at eye contact. He was smiling too. "Well done," he said recalling his Pokémon. "It's a shame that you'll come with us anyway."

"As if," I spat back.

"Joshua, Joshua" a highly robotic voice called out in fear, "Help me."

"ANNA WHERE ARE YOU?" I screamed, my eyes desperately searching for the source of the noise. That's when I seen the Pokégear in the big guy's hand.

"Oh seems we hit a nerve," he snickered. I sighed in response. I called back Ursaring and gave myself up freely. I was handcuffed and laughed at by these mysterious people. I knew I could escape but I had to help Anna. These people were clearly very dangerous and I couldn't leave her in their hands. Who were they though? Their red cloaks reminded me of something but I couldn't think of what.

Before I could finish my thought I felt a clubbing blow in the back of my head. I stumbled and collapsed to my knees. The big guy boomed out a massive laugh and he walked in front of me before crouching down.

"Now now, we shouldn't mess with Team Magma," he said with a grin. I was baffled; Maxie had called off their plans decades ago. What was this? I should have beaten them down and got information... I was regretting my decision to purposely be captured. Anna had never been good news, but that's a whole other story.

I just unveiled a familiar smirk. "Oh, I know what I'm getting into," I said before spitting in his face. Immediately after I felt a massive fist crash into my jaw. I was hit repeatedly until my face had gone numb. I was sure I was bleeding but I couldn't feel it – my face was too numb. I couldn't wipe it away as my arms were tied behind my back.

"Oh you have no idea you scum," he said. I heard him gather spit but I couldn't feel if he'd gotten me with it or not. I was hoisted up and was beginning to feel woozy. I seen Electivire in the distance through the bushes but just shook my head deftly at him. It wasn't worth us both being captured. Electivire nodded at me and darted back off towards the town's refugees.

I was beginning to be dragged towards the boat when I heard a familiar cry. I couldn't be sure what I was seeing because I was beginning to fade but Dragonite was beginning to fight off all of the grunts dressed in red and their Pokémon. He swatted away a Flareon, then smashed a Houndoom before freezing a Mightyena with an Ice Beam and fighting fire with fire against a Heatmor.

That's when I fell asleep.​

Back