• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The WWE discussion thread

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • In this thread we discuss stuff about World Wrestling Entertaiment (WWE) and its many famous wrestlers, various PPVs, WrestleMania and The Undertaker's streak until 2014, and probably the biggest controversy: is it real or fake?

So who is your favourite wrestler, who is your least favourite and what matches would you like to see in the future?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Undertaker is my fave and my current least favorite is Bray Wyatt. I just hate this "New Face of Fear" he's being called. I just find him boring and Ryback could eat him anyday, so I don't like the feud. He went from feuding with Cena to feuding with a C class wrestler? Meh...

One match I'd like to see is another Undertaker Vs. Lesnar. Last year he wasn't looking healthy at all compared to this year's match against Wyatt. He also suffered a concussion during the match with Lesnar in midfight so I'd like to see a legit match between them.

Outlier

Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the "news" tag in the title. xD

My favourite wrestler is Chris Jericho but I've grown tired of the Y2J gimmick. It's a bit dated and he's too old for it imo. He's still an amazing performer though and I hope he ends his career on a high note.

My least favourite wrestler would probably be Rusev, Ryback or Bray Wyatt. They all bore me in one way or another. Rusev with his slow matches, Ryback with his generic meathead character, Bray Wyatt with his rambling nonsense and undeserved push. Cena would have made this list but they've phased him out of the main event picture which makes him much more bearable.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • The match between Cena and Sami Zayn reminds me a lot of the first time Cena entered the WWE. He went against Kurt Angle, one of the most dominant wrestlers at the time and gave a hell of a show. I hope they'll push Sami like they did for Cena. Even with a broken arm he performed really really well. Also, that dive DDT from the corner turnbuckle tho ♥

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Has anyone seen SmackDown! yet? Was it any good?
    I'll watch it later tonight. The last WWE broadcast I've watched was Extreme Rules, and before that, I watched the RAW after WrestleMania and WrestleMania itself. I've been on a bit of a hiatus after AJ Lee retired, and I still can't believe she's not going to skip to the ring anymore. Sigh.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I'm going to see the episode of Smackdown! tomorrow, it's 11:40PM right now and kinda late to watch the whole episode. And as for AJ Lee, it kinda sucks because her and Paige were the only ones left that were good in-ring (besides Natalya but she rarely performs nowadays) but it was kinda inevitable with her husband being CM Punk and him having issues with WWE.

Years
  • I watched WWE for a few years and was really into it, all the story lines and such. Bought the magazine when it was still in print, bought fan stuff, met Carlito, and played the WWE games on ps2.

I lost interest after awhile but it was fun, my favorites were John Cena, The Undertaker and Rey Mysterio

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Revive revive revive. Sooo are you guys excited for Elimination Chamber? It looks like it is going to be an awesome PPV. Elimination Chamber matches never fail to entertain me :) Kevin Owens v John Cena and the IC Elimination Chamber are going to steal the show and Seth vs Dean too if The Authority doesn't interfere. I still have no idea how the Tag Team Elimination Chamber is going to be :o What's your predictions?

Detox

I feel like Cena will retain his title in the most John Cena-esque way. I can't fathom why they would allow him to lose his title to the NXT champion. Rollins will most likely retain his title too. Ambrose will probably work Rollins real good, but get screwed over in some predictable way at the end which allows Rollins to win. I couldn't care less about the tag team titles, but I'd just like to see The New Day get destroyed because they are just terrible. The IC match will probably be the most entertaining out of them all.

Last edited:

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I don't think the KO v Cena match is for the us title. If it is, you're right lolcenawins. But even if it isn't, Super Cena is Super Cena and will not lose cleanly. i agree with you on everything else.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    As soon as I saw that Owens and Cena were having a rematch I said to my self "Owens is getting buried" they did the same thing with Rusev but what's hope they are smart enough to give Owens the win.

Any WCW fans here?

Detox

I feel like Cena will retain his title in the most John Cena-esque way. I can't fathom why they would allow him to lose his title to the NXT champion. Rollins will most likely retain his title too. Ambrose will probably work Rollins real good, but get screwed over in some predictable way at the end which allows Rollins to win. I couldn't care less about the tag team titles, but I'd just like to see The New Day get destroyed because they are just terrible. The IC match will probably be the most entertaining out of them all.

Well this post was completely incorrect.

WCW was nice.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2016
    As soon as I saw that Owens and Cena were having a rematch I said to my self "Owens is getting buried" they did the same thing with Rusev but what's hope they are smart enough to give Owens the win.

Any WCW fans here?

i dont see how they can bury Owens...lets be honest too Rusev is one dimensional and he's pretty boring really...but with Kevin Owens he can do so much...hes powerful and he can fly around like a cruiserweight plus he is great on the microphone

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    i dont see how they can bury Owens...lets be honest too Rusev is one dimensional and he's pretty boring really...but with Kevin Owens he can do so much...hes powerful and he can fly around like a cruiserweight plus he is great on the microphone

True but I am a little worried but meh I'm sure everything will be ok. I do agree with what you said about Rusev, he's very overrated, I'll take Yokozuna over him any day of the week.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I was so happy when Owens won. it's a shame they're having a rematch because Cena will probably win that's what always happens, sadly.

I saw some WCW episodes, the nWo storyline was one of the if not the best storyline of all time. But they shouldn't have kept it for like, 4-5 years tho. And Hulk Hogan retaining,after retaining,...
    and I heard Kevin Nash was a booker lmao

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    I was so happy when Owens won. it's a shame they're having a rematch because Cena will probably win that's what always happens, sadly.

I saw some WCW episodes, the nWo storyline was one of the if not the best storyline of all time. But they shouldn't have kept it for like, 4-5 years tho. And Hulk Hogan retaining,after retaining,...
    and I heard Kevin Nash was a booker lmao

Yeah Hogan and Nash as a booker didn't make things any better for the company.

Years
  • I think NXT is, by far, better than anything the main roster has going on right now (sans Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn when he hopefully comes back).

I think what got my attention was the build-up to Zayn/Owens I. The contract signing's a perfect example. Zayn's frustration towards Kevin, stabbing him in the back. The best part of all that was when Owens called said that the contract didn't say "title match."

The match itself was fantastic. Both wrestlers looked like credible threats to any potential opponents. Just look at that Owens/Cena match at Elimination Chamber! It had me on the edge of my seat!

Back