• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So who else hates the electric rodents?

Years
  • They're cute, yup, but I think they're kinda similar to how Gen III introduced Luvdisc. Least favorite out of them is Pachirisu, which I automatically assumed to be a clone of Pikachu. Then came Emolga(albeit an improvement over Pachirisu), and I started to notice a kind of trend. I find them adorable, but not that worthy to use in battle, except for Emolga and Raichu.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    Love them, design wise as well!

and once that Emolga is on your side, you can kick asses, so why would you hate it? :D

Years
  • I'm actually not a fan of Emolga at all. *gasp* I do agree that all the electric rodents are getting tiresome, but I don't think any of them are especially annoying Pokemon. Pichu is just too dayum kawaii to hate in my opinion aha.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I like them. Well, except for Plusle and Minun a little bit, because I forget that they exist. But I do like the other electric rodents. Especially Dedenne, who was such a good Pokemon on my Y run before I switched my team around and brought in a Raichu.

Plus, I just like Pikachu.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • What!? How can you not like Emolga? That thing is adorable. I never realized Game Freak made a new Electric Rodent every generation, but I think that they're all pretty nice. And it's not like Emolga is the only Pokémon to spam Double Team. The Staravia DT + Endeavor combo is killler in Gen. 4.

I know right Emolga and all the eletric rodents are cute. However as much as I love Emolga I hate fighting them. Since them being part flying type you cant use ground moves thus trying to hit them with rock moves most always have 80 or 90 accuracy. And if some miracle you do manege to hit it with rock tomb it does not faint and Elsa uses her hyper potions and her Emolgs's spam double team making it harder to hit. I am sure many players of Gen V remember this.
    I also had a female Raichu on Pokemon X team and was the first pokemon in gen 6 I raised to level 100

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    YASSS THANK U

i really despise these things. they're made to be like creepy/annoying cute and considering all the other electric types out there i'd rather use i find them very pointless. I like pikachu because of raichu and i think emolga is the most usable one besides pikachu because of what the op described. i think plusle and minun were the worst additions by far, but pachirisu holds a special place of intense hate in my heart. that is the stupidest fucking pokemon ever i have no words. and dedenne or whatever looks like raichu but is completely forgettable

Back