• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Card of the Week Returns! Unlimited Edition - Neo Revelations Ho-oh 18/64

Years
  • Card of the Week is back, ladies and gentlemen! But this time, I'll be bringing back in TWO forms: one for the modified format, and one for the unlimited format!

First to debut, since it's the first card I saw when looking around my room, is Neo Revelations Ho-oh! Well, the one numbered 18/64, anyway. The other version from this set is too expensive for me and I don't have it.

IMAG0066.jpg

For this edition, rate it on its art, it's design, and it's functionality! Also talk about whatever other aspects of this card that you wish to. Just remember to keep any ratings out of 10 and all discussion should be kept to PG-13 levels!

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • Normal type to take advantage of Ho-Oh's flying-type. Neat on a card, but not particularly advantageous.

Solid 90HP was good back in the day.

Weak to water, strangely, seeing how it isn't a fire card. But whatever. Still has the fighting resistance which makes up for it.

2 retreat cost kinda sucks, but for back then I suppose that wasn't too bad.

Terrible attack. I see this is the basis for Ho-Oh EX, as a lot of newer pokemon have traits in common with older cards. But a fact is that attack sucks now, and it sucked even worse back then. If you could pull it off with Ho-Oh-EX, you have access to 8 types of Basic energy with a base 30 +20 for each type, maxing out at 190 if anyone was THAT terrible to let you pull it off. There was no basic dark or metal back then, so it capped out at 90 damage. So many pokemon could've done better without having to attach 6 different energy to a single pokemon.

That being said, I'm not well-versed with the decks of that time, but I know Feraligatr was good and that would've kicked that card to the curb.

As for the art, I'm not super-fond of the Manga-esque style that it's going for, but it's not bad.

Play: 5/10
    Art: 7/10

Back