• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Someone STOLE my Slowking! (his name is Maxime)

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
Years
  • So yesterday I was playing ORAS. I had a message up saying that I needed to trade so that I could evolve my pokemon, Someone requested a trade so I did. I traded my slowpoke for his boldore. So then my slowpoke evolved in to slowking while his evolved in to Gigalith. Then as I offered his gigalith back for my slowking, he didn't. Instead he had a pokemon named,"SHNYS PLZ" I game him a message that says, "SRY" Then I put up a pokemon named, "GIVE BACK" And to my surprise, he put up a pokemon named, "NO" Then went back to "SHNYS PLZ" Then I exited the trade and put a message saying,"I HAVE NONE" And requested a trade to him so that he could see it. He accepted the trade and, just as I was starting to think he understood, I offered his Gigalith again and he still offered the pokemon named, "SHNYS PLZ" I got so pissed off! It made me want to use game chat so that I could yell at him! This went on for about an hour until I finally gave up. When I finally gave up, he had a message saying, "SKOWKING 4 TRD". But if you come across someone named Maxime and his icon is Calem with blonde hair, then do NOT trade with him!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I'm sorry your Pokemon got stolen from you. Unfortunately that happens; I lost a shiny Entei once due to some prick who had a Diancie scam going on. Just goes to show you should really shouldn't trade with someone unless you trust them and you're sure they won't do this kind of thing. If you're looking for a Slowking though you might be able to find someone on here with one willing to trade with you. There's a lot of good people here.

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years
  • I'm sorry your Pokemon got stolen from you. Unfortunately that happens; I lost a shiny Entei once due to some prick who had a Diancie scam going on. Just goes to show you should really shouldn't trade with someone unless you trust them and you're sure they won't do this kind of thing. If you're looking for a Slowking though you might be able to find someone on here with one willing to trade with you. There's a lot of good people here.

Wouldn't be suprised if it was the same prick lol

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I had a similar event, except I somehow got the Alakazam back. Took a long time it felt like.

I always come here to arrange trades.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • In these cases, I would try to be careful next time...especially since you were trading with a randomer and not a close friend you trust. Keep that in mind when you are needing to trade with someone next time.

That is why I stay away from traders I don't know as much or from a passerby.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • When it comes to trade evolution Pokemon, I either whip out my other 3DS or ask a trusted friend. I would never do that over PSS. The only times I trade on PSS are just when I have extra stock of shinies that I don't really want and I'll do some shiny trades through that (I've had surprisingly good luck with them, phew!), but that's about it. And even then, it's shinies that are extra/unwanted, so even if I get a dud or a hack, it's not like I've lost anything.

That is terrible, though. :( What a shitty person. I hope he hasn't scammed others out of getting their Pokemon back by holding them ransom for shinies.

Years
  • I absolutely feel sorry that you got ripped off, Jess. People don't deserve to go through this when trading, when they just want to evolve something and then are forced into offering shinies even when they don't have one. Shinies are something that's popular on wi-fi trading so it's quite common you see someone asking for a shiny.

Here at PC our traders are more friendly, so don't hesitate to ask any of our trusted Trade Corner regulars if you need to trade something so that you don't run into an issue like this again. People don't deserve to be ripped off by scammers.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Omg that's terrible :( You lost your dear Slowking! It's so sad that there are people like that in the world, only making problems for people and ruin everybody's happiness !
    You should not trade with strangers, only trade with people you trust!

I haven't been in PC for a long time but i have no doubts that the people here are much better than those persons. If you want to trade, you should go to the trade corner here in the forum so you don't get caught in a "trap" like that and I'm sure you'll get what you want!

Last edited:

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
    Years
  • I had a female Machoke stolen from me before. :( Her name was Power, and she was the first Machop I ever caught.
    And before that, someone stole my shiny Graveler.

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • I'm so sorry that this happened to you! I don't see what can possess people to think "I know what I'll do today! I'll make someone really upset and depressed by stealing one of their Pokemon!" because it's harsh and unnecessary and completely wrong. In situations like this, I would suggest asking someone you know personally who you trust, to avoid annoying things like this happening! I hope, in some way, shape or form, you get your Slowking back~

Years
  • Wow, im sorry. Most Pokemon players are idiots I noticed. Maybe simply to many children...

Next time ask here for a trader. They are trustful. At least those who have some posts here. People with only a few posts or that look Strange in any way I wouldnt trust. Yeah, maybe dont even trust me. Haha just kidding. I would even trade my Diancie in a Evolution trade with the knowledge that I would get it back from others.

The GTS, etc community really goes on my nuts. Mostly people wanting ridiculous trades like Magikarp against Hoopa. Or those wanting shiny...
    Wish Nintendo would clean at least some of those stupid requests. At least there is a option to not show those trades.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    Wow, im sorry. Most Pokemon players are idiots I noticed. Maybe simply to many children...

Next time ask here for a trader. They are trustful. At least those who have some posts here. People with only a few posts or that look Strange in any way I wouldnt trust. Yeah, maybe dont even trust me. Haha just kidding. I would even trade my Diancie in a Evolution trade with the knowledge that I would get it back from others.

The GTS, etc community really goes on my nuts. Mostly people wanting ridiculous trades like Magikarp against Hoopa. Or those wanting shiny...
    Wish Nintendo would clean at least some of those stupid requests. At least there is a option to not show those trades.

I definitely agree.
    No matter what I looked for, 70-90% of the offerers wanted mythicals and legendaries.
    And I looked for regular pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2017
    thats why its never a good idea do a trade and trade back with strangers
    I daresay it's probably not a good idea to trade with strangers at all on the PSS, except on the GTS.
    Holding someone's Pokemon hostage for shinies is really as low as it gets.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Sorry to hear that.

I always come to a forum (either here or serebii) if I want to do a trade evolution. People on forums are generally a lot more trustworthy and good natured, plus there's less likelihood of there being a misunderstanding. (although I would say that if you have someone in real life you can trade with, that's even better but that's not realistic for everyone)

At least then you can send them an angry PM afterwards if they steal your Pokemon. (luckily I haven't had to do that yet)

Back