• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen This is a Foongus?

Years
  • Ah, yes. Foongus and Amoonguss are two new Pokémon that were introduced in Generation V, and like Voltorb and Electrode before them, they take the form of Poké Balls that are present in-game in certain areas. And they can appear in Hidden Grottoes, too.

Were Foongus and Amoonguss odd Pokémon for you to come across? Did you ever end up using one on your team? Did they catch you by surprise running into them as Poké Balls mistaken for items? Discuss.

Years
  • I was very surprised upon running into my first disguised Foongus in White, much like with my first Voltorb at New Mauville. Amoongus seemed to have very good defensive bulk even when hit by a super-effective move, though it never really found a spot on my team. It's a tendency of mine to stay away from Grass-types in general for some reason... Maybe that should change eventually.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I haven't used an Amonguss, as flight says they are useful for competitive, which is a bit surprising. One can't really judge a book by its cover.

Foongus on the other hand is cute, though. :P

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Foongus is really adorable, though Amoonguss not so much. I've managed to obtain the HA Foongus as well, so I can definitely use it if I want to. In terms of design, however, I thought it was a bit of a stretch to make the cap poke all design but hey it's kinda humorous for it match up to its namesake pun "fungus among us". XD

Years
  • Aside from Regenerator, it is also worth mention that these two are one of three evolution lines (the other two being Paras and Shroomish) that can learn Spore by level-up. Although you likely won't get it until after you've beaten the game... And like Voltorb and Electrode with Static, they have an ability that can activate on contact in Effect Spore.

Years
  • I do find Foongus pretty cute, and its Hidden Ability makes its line pretty amazing in competitive play. I used an Amoonguss in a Random Monotype battle (my team was Poison and my opponent's was Rock) and it surprisingly performed well, especially when my opponent had a Tyrantrum that was getting status haxed by me. It did at least make me start liking Amoonguss more than I previously did.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I caught on pretty quickly that they were basically the new Voltorb/Electrodes, and tbh I think I really like them a lot more than Voltorb and Electrode, but not by much. I'm not the biggest fan of Amoonguss, although I do admit that Foongus is really cute.

Back