• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Huh? Wuh? Oh... a dream.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • It's a shame I even rarely remember anything when I wake up. Even if I can remember something I can only remember it was weird and didn't make any sense and sometimes two things or people it involved. This isn't enough to really link things together. But after about a quarter I even forget those details.

Years
  • I dream a fair bit, or at least I feel like I do. Most of them are the sort where, when I wake up, I know I was dreaming but there's no way I can remember even then what I was dreaming about.

Most of them aren't really anything to write home about, though. Random things. Pretty sure most of my dreams are either messages to myself in the form of imagery (that I do try to see if I can decipher them), or they're just random fantastical things with fantastical creatures. I guess I do get the occasional dream where it was obviously inspired by something I'd seen/played recently.

I haven't had what I'd classify as a "bad dream" in a while. I do get rather lucid dreams from time to time though - I've had a few that I was so certain things were real, except that there's always something slightly off that clues me into knowing otherwise. Although I guess the one I had some time ago where I "woke up" (in a place that resembled an old dorm room of mine), realized I was still in a dream, and then suddenly wondering how the heck do I wake up for real and not knowing how to do so did leave me slightly rattled...

They do tend to leave me wondering about myself, sometimes.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • This morning I had a dream I was promoted but didn't moderate any section, and a former staff member here was made an administrator out of nowhere. The colours for mod and admin were washed out and the s-mod colours were the same, and supporter colours were all dimmed say for Platinum which bled like s-mod did. The font for some reason wasn't the ugly Verdana and I was browsing a DCC thread that wasn't in this section.

I wonder what the meaning of all of this is?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    ^^ That's funny because I've recently had a PC related dream, too! I had asked shenanigans about a name change issue and when I had gone to bed--I dreamed about that very thing. My name was changed, although I can't remember to what(and its a shame because it was a cool name!) and I just generally remember having my question answered with something to the affect of, "You can't use that particular name but here I changed your name already to (insert name here)." I was quite upset about it as I had no input on the matter, but then I realized it was just a dream! Now I'm upset because I wish I had remembered the name that was used in my dream because it was pretty cool as far as I remember.

I find it odd though, too, because I usually have dreams of "real" things. In this dream, I was not on my computer. I was just... at PC. That's the best way to describe it, I suppose.The only thing I could see in my dream was the PC layout, me going to my pms and reading it all. There was no "physical" world so to speak as I would normally see such as my computer screen, my fingers typing, etc.

I dream a fair bit, or at least I feel like I do. Most of them are the sort where, when I wake up, I know I was dreaming but there's no way I can remember even then what I was dreaming about.

Try keeping a dream journal. I know you said you can't even remember your dream the moment you wake up, but I'm telling you. Keep a notepad by your bedside or something and when you wake up after your dream write down everything that you can remember. Overtime you'll most likely be able to remember more and more of your dream. That's actually first step to lucid dreaming!

On a similar note, whenever I'm asleep and I realize I'm in a dream I immediately wake up. Sometimes I am able to, if I get back to sleep quickly enough, return to the dream in the same spot(or maybe slightly forward in time) as I left. Other times I enter a completely new dream that might be slightly related to the last one or have nothing in common whatsoever. It's fascinating to me, really.

I also have dreams where I am completely unable to control my body and will do ridiculous things such as fly around the room(or area I'm at outside) at breakneck speed. Or I'll jump and wind up hundreds of feet in the air and fall down slowly. Sometimes I'm only able to take a few steps before I crumple to the ground as if I am unable to walk. And more often than I'd like I have dreams where I'm either walking up or down a particularly steep hill and fall down it. The oddest part about these dreams is that they feel so real. That is, I can feel the sensations that would occur as if I was actually experiencing this things in real life--or at the very least I feel how I perceive these sensations to feel because I can't say any of these things have actually happened for me to know how they would feel.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I used to have a really bad recurring dream about giant rats. It would usually start out with me and my family having some kind of get together at our house and everyone would go outside and I'd stay inside watching tv/playing a game. Then after sitting there for a couple of seconds in silence a mouse would come crawling out of the wall and I'd give it a piece of cheese. It went back into it's hole and I'd get down on the ground and look into its hole and see a mafia style rat with a top hat and a cigar slapping the mouse until it died. It would then look at me and charge towards me which caused me to jump back and then as it started to come out of the hole it would start growing huge until it was about 8 feet tall and it'd start hitting me and throwing me around. I tried to go outside a couple of times but the door was always locked and the lock would disappear and nobody outside noticed me no matter how hard I beat on the glass of the door. And then the rat would pick me up and start pulling me apart by my head and legs and I'd wake up right before I was ripped apart.

I had this dream from the time I was in kindergarten until a couple of years ago. The last time I had the dream was I think sophomore year.

Years
  • Sometimes I remember all the details and sometimes very little. Like my most recent one I can remember happened a few days ago. I was in a mental hospital and there were like windows 98 computers that me and other people used to communicate to the outside world to sneak out. Then the rest I forgot most of it but it was something about night time, flying, and being shrunk down (no pun intended).

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • When I dream, it's usually about my first high school, as well as my old pals there that I had to leave behind. Other times, I dream about nature. Usually, I would either find myself on a beautiful icy mountain, or on some sort of canyon, causeway, or island.

So in my case, dreaming usually reflects my internal regrets (the former) and/or desires (the latter).

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I dream a lot, every night, and I enjoy all of them. I have about 3-6 dreams a night, and I remember the majority of them but a lot of details are lost as the day goes on. So I have to write them down shortly after I wake up if it was interesting. I remember my last 2 better than the ones I had earlier in the night (I wake up about 2 times a night so I can separate them out sometimes). I've had dreams though that I remember from years ago that were really significant to me because they were so different.

Some of my dreams are random. I've had dreams about my cat, dogs I volunteer with at the shelter, me being in video games I've played and even me being back in high school (ew). Sometimes I even dream in music right before I wake up, it's weird and I have a strong urge to turn the song on as soon as I freshen up for the day. But... most of my dreams recently have had to do with what I've been thinking about for the day/right before I went to bed. Also I've been dreaming about the same person (Well people too sometimes) for nearly a month now every single night and it's the longest I've ever dreamed about the same thing. We do different things in the dreams and it's been quite interesting, sometimes fun. He usually comes up in the last dream I have for the night or the 2nd to first one. I'm really starting to wonder if it means anything since I've been dreaming about the same person for so long.

Dreams are so cool and I like trying to interpret them too if I think they have any meaning. I'm getting better on writing them down but sometimes I don't have enough time in the morning to write it down.

Back