• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Kanto Roads v0.1 Showcase Demo

What set of starters should be used?

• Kanto

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Dratini, Larvitar, Beldum

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • A unique elemental trio

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Something else (sound off in the comments)

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FSBS

Defunct
Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    I LOVE THIS HACK, this has the potential in my opinion, to be the greatest rom hack of all time, I love your detail into this hack, the mountain clan fire clan, its just amazing. I love how you have hidden places like where the couple are standing over the waterfall. I beg of you to never stop on this hack and to keep working on it, iv'e never wanted to play a full hack this badly.

Keep up the good work
    -Evan

Thank you, Evan!

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Hey this seems like its going to be a great hack, I love how your going to make the gym leaders and elite four more active, you should also add in some key players too fly in and help you out from time to time, such as Steven, May, Blue, Green, Kris (from Crystal) or gold. Idk if double battles will work like with May and stevens from emerald but maybe worth a try? Or maybe you could face off with them at the end, battle frontier style..idk just spit balling ideas to ya. Anyway great hack, I cant wait for it to come out.

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Sorry, Vplay, but the demo no longer reflects the current vision of the project. Thank you for expressing interest, though.

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    PROGRESS UPDATE

I have drafted the following maps:
    Pallet, Viridian City, Route 2, Route 22, Pewter City, Route 3, Mount Moon, Route 4, Cerulean, Routes 24 and 25, Route 5, Vermillion, Route 11, Route 9, Route 10, Lavender, Route 8, Fuchsia, Routes 16, 17, 18, Celadon, Route 20, Cinnabar Island

Of these, only a few need minor touches and a few more need finishing touches. I don't think I'll touch Route 1, since I don't really have any idea how to make it better as a first route; same for Saffron, since it's a big city and doesn't need any revision.

None of these maps will be the same as they were in the demo. Speaking of, I wonder if I can't change the thread title? Also considering changing the name of the hack.

I have considered scrapping Kanto altogether to make my own region with Kanto as a frame in anticipation of the surefire RB remakes I believe are coming, which may make this hack less relevant to a refreshing Kanto experience if it ever gets finished.

I have the map progression written out up to Saffron so far, and am working on it in tandem with the maps.

There will be additional maps, but they are meant to supplement the game and not be distractions to fit in the too many Pokemon for one region 403(?) I intend to include in the game. Examples include the 2 woodland maps (Darkwood and Greatwood), Viridian Lake (not sure where to stick it, really) and Viridian Forest North or South Extension - but there will be more. Gyms are also changing locations and stuff. A lot of ideas.

The plot is still nebulous - all that clan crap from the demo is out. No Fire Clans or anything, I don't know why I thought that was a great idea. There's a Great Pokemon War hack out there waiting to be made, but it ain't me. It ain't me. I am working on something about the Bird Trio.

I still have tentative plans to include Johto as post-Kanto content, but that is subject to change; as with any start hack by a new hacker, this project is subject to collapse or years of inactivity due to school and life circumstances. I thought I had quit it for good during the six months of inactivity after I started college, but I'm still on it.

So to recap this update: I'm almost finished mapping to a point where I could script and flag and probably get a Beta up to a certain point. That phase will take about the same time as mapping (2 1/2 months so far over a 6 month period.)

In other words...I'm working on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back