• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thoughts on cross-platform stuffs!

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
Years
  • Do you think that games like Pokemon Battle Revolution and Pokemon Coliseum are additions or detractions from the main series? Do you think that with the NX coming out at some point, GF might make a similar game for Gen 7? Is it a good approach? Please discuss!

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • They definitely add to the experience, I think. They add a new dimension to the game and it feels nice that all of our Pokémon games can be connected and Pokémon we catch in one game can come with us to the main series games. I do hope they do something like it in the future, and we might not even have to wait for the NX--who knows, we could even get one for Wii U.

Years
  • I used to love playing Battle Revoltuion with my cousin back in the day because it was so cool to have 3D Pokemon battles on the big screen. I definitely think they're an addition to the main series cause if done right, they can be serious fun and it'll be interesting to see what Pokemon game comes out on the NX.

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
    Years
  • Honestly, I would just be okay with another Battle Revolution. As confusing as the two-player controls were, the game modes in that game were pretty fun. If Nintendo/PTC/GF released a similar game for the NX, that'd be amazing. It'd have a much better resolution, presumably, a far more detailed battle environment, and chances are, more "wacky" game modes to make up for the fact that the main games are 3D and dynamic enough. A new spinoff, as unlikely as it is, would really benefit the series.

On the other hand, I can agree that the Gen6/7 games probably defeat the purpose of a spinoff. If they tried to make another BR/Coliseum/GX, it likely be a full-fledged Pokemon game. Which wouldn't be too bad, either.

Back