• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Help: Looking to Replay an Old Pokemon

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
Hey i'm looking to replay an old Pokemon game for the DS. I particularly loved Platinum as I played the Sinnoh region first.

Should I look to replay platinum and buy a new copy, or does anyone recommend i try a new game.

Thanks.

Years
Well I haven't played any pokemon game after Emerald so I don't know about that generation games at all... But if I was in the same situation I would try a new game rather than buying another copy of the game I already have. Also if you haven't completed pokedex you might encounter some new pokemon in other game version of generation 4 :)

Years
I just finished replaying Platinum and had a ton of fun :)

If you're looking for nostalgia then go for it with Platinum but otherwise I'd suggest playing something new like HG/SS or Black/White, those games are really fun :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
I guess the whole thing about Pokemon go made me remember how much i loved Pokemon when i was younger so i'd like to replay another Pokemon game.

But obviously I can only get one game and I'm unsure which one to play, I want a game with a lot of content after you beat the champion but also a game with an exciting story mode too.

I don't want to play generation 5 or 6, but i am open to any suggestions on which game to buy. My personal favorite of all time is Platinum, but I'm not sure whether to try something new.

Suggestions?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
HeartGold/Soulsilver has the most content in my opinion and a nostalgic trip to Kanto thrown in too.

Dont discount gen 5 though the story is truly great.

Back