• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHJoker

Re-thinking Osmium
Years
The starting where it says Gamefreak and Nintendo is decompressed already, the Game Freak intro sequence (the text and logo) can be found using 1BPP mode (close to the Intro text) and the titlescreen can be decompressed using a patch, which if I remember is in my Tutorial thread. Have a look in there if you need it.

I was talking about the pokemon sprites in the intro

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2009
Sorry if this had been answered.

I am working on a hack of Sapphire and I am adding D/P Pokemon to it. I have added Chimchar and I have a few problems:

1. I need a program to change the names of the Pokemon. So when Chimchar is battling it doesn't say "Scyther."
  2. The Chimchar Back (when your using Chimchar) pic is kinda' messed up. I'll post an attachment.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
Sorry if this had been answered.

I am working on a hack of Sapphire and I am adding D/P Pokemon to it. I have added Chimchar and I have a few problems:
  1. I need a program to change the names of the Pokemon. So when Chimchar is battling it doesn't say "Scyther."
  2. The Chimchar Back (when your using Chimchar) pic is kinda' messed up. I'll post an attachment.
Thanks for any help.

Use Poke Edit Pro (from Darthatron) in the Toolbox Thread. It lets you edit Base stats, names, movepools, and even evolutions.

You'll probably need to edit the pallete or something. Does the front sprite look the same?

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2009
Use Poke Edit Pro (from Darthatron) in the Toolbox Thread. It lets you edit Base stats, names, movepools, and even evolutions.

You'll probably need to edit the pallete or something. Does the front sprite look the same?

Thanks I'll go download that!

I'll try editing the pallet. The front doesn't do it though. It's beyond me!:\

spiff-

NO0OB!!
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2008
can sum1 tell me what to do with darthaton's evolution editor pro?? cuz when i run it i always get this message:

System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found.

my comp rarely gets updated... do i need to update it in order to run it????

Years
Alright so I have edited the litteroot town map and I have made it like all completly different my style, right? So I tried to edit the border block and make it something else, but when I make the border block different all it does is make it so I can't move anywhere and the whole screen is surrounded by border blocks. How can I fix this? Please help me. :(

Kenneth Alog

Infectus Raiken
Years
ok blazichu but what about commpressed size gd8 aborting what does that mean in UNLZ, even my pic is indexed how to fix this.
and about pokesav when I try to edit my sav file it says wrong file type! how can i fix this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Lupe said:
what are the offsets of the textbox in tiled2002 and in tile layer pro?

I believe the text box is deeply compressed into the ROM, I haven't been able to locate them.

FHJoker said:
The starting where it says Gamefreak and Nintendo is decompressed already, the Game Freak intro sequence (the text and logo) can be found using 1BPP mode (close to the Intro text) and the titlescreen can be decompressed using a patch, which if I remember is in my Tutorial thread. Have a look in there if you need it.

I was talking about the pokemon sprites in the intro

Ah ok, you can always cancel that animation, I believe it is compressed and can probably be edited using ASM.

spiff- said:
can sum1 tell me what to do with darthaton's evolution editor pro?? cuz when i run it i always get this message:

System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found.

my comp rarely gets updated... do i need to update it in order to run it????

Sounds like you are just missing a file, make sure you have all files out of the zip or rar folder.

elwappo08 said:
Alright so I have edited the litteroot town map and I have made it like all completly different my style, right? So I tried to edit the border block and make it something else, but when I make the border block different all it does is make it so I can't move anywhere and the whole screen is surrounded by border blocks. How can I fix this? Please help me. :(

Did you try and edit the movement permissions?

I WANT DIALGA said:
ok blazichu but what about commpressed size gd8 aborting what does that mean in UNLZ, even my pic is indexed how to fix this.
and about pokesav when I try to edit my sav file it says wrong file type! how can i fix this?

1. You just need to untick 'Auto abort if new data is bigger' when going 'Write to ROM'.
2. Did you convert the .sav to a .gba first by using No$GBAtoVBA?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
I WANT DIALGA said:
Blazichu i have already converted it but it says desame

It should create a larger file, new one after converting it. Also make sure when converting don't use the same name as the save you had. Otherwise it won't work correctly.

Masterx927

Its WINDY out here!
Years
I have a problem with A-text: When i load my ruby rom,the only text files i have are all the ones up to the fight to help birch out.And this was posted at the scripted evolved into pokescript forum but no one awnsered it.When i try to open pokescript, i ge something saying ActiveX cannot create object.Help please!

Years
Alright to the person who responded to my question, thank you finally someone responded. But when I edit the movement permissions everything like the 0's are the empty spaces on the ground, the moveable areas, the not-passable areas are 1. But what does this have to do with the border block? It will not let me move anywhere.

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2009
Okay. My problem has popped up again. I added my redone Brendon and May to the game but they do the same thing as Chimchar does. Anyone got an idea why or how I can fix it? I'll attach a pic with some pics of how they look outside the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
what are the offsets of the textbox in tiled2002 and in tile layer pro?

Which ROM are you using?

Okay. My problem has popped up again. I added my redone Brendon and May to the game but they do the same thing as Chimchar does. Anyone got an idea why or how I can fix it? I'll attach a pic with some pics of how they look outside the game.

You have to tick Export Palette when you insert the sprite in the ROM, and make sure the color used for the background is the one in the left of the palette you're using.

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2009
You have to tick Export Palette when you insert the sprite in the ROM, and make sure the color used for the background is the one in the left of the palette you're using.

Ok. I did both of those and now the background has gone away...but the character is still messed up. Is it possible that it has something to do with the Sapphire Version? Once again I'll attach a pic of it. I have also attached the three pics that mess up.

The pic of May I still need to edit like you told me to. But it appearantly doesn't even work when I do those two things.

EDIT: Brand spankin' new problem! I've taken a break from ^ and gone onto editing in Overworld. I'm putting in the old Gold Version male player srite over Steven and it says that It is not in 16 colors and it won't work. The thing is though...it is in 16 colors. I'll attach a pic.

Last edited:

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
around what offset are the pictures of the players throwing the pokeball in battle? (for firered)
un-lz number is good too =)

Lupe

isn't she cute...
Years
Which ROM are you using?

I'm using a fire red rom, thanks in advance for answering

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
Okay, I've got a question regarding using HEX. How do I make new Flight Positions? I don't believe A-Map lets you do that, so I figure I need to do it in HEX. If somebody could link me to a tutorial on doing such things I'd be quite grateful.

Also, if I'm uploading a map, but using "prt scr" doesn't give me a screencap of the whole map, then how else can I upload the entire thing in one peice. Imageshack doesn't accept .map's, and I can't save it as a JPG, so what do I do.

Lastly, what are the points of level scripts? I wanna make sure I konw the extent to which I can script, so I'm going to need to know what they are, what they do, how they work, etc.

Thanks i advance to any who can contribute.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
xXGold&SilverXx said:
Ok. I did both of those and now the background has gone away...but the character is still messed up. Is it possible that it has something to do with the Sapphire Version? Once again I'll attach a pic of it. I have also attached the three pics that mess up.

The pic of May I still need to edit like you told me to. But it appearantly doesn't even work when I do those two things.

EDIT: Brand spankin' new problem! I've taken a break from ^ and gone onto editing in Overworld. I'm putting in the old Gold Version male player srite over Steven and it says that It is not in 16 colors and it won't work. The thing is though...it is in 16 colors. I'll attach a pic.

It appears you have to just palette change the sprites, try using APE or a hex editor.

Hyunbin said:
around what offset are the pictures of the players throwing the pokeball in battle? (for firered)
un-lz number is good too =)

All the backpics should be around the offset E69FFC, you are probably better off using a tile editing tool.

Jack of Bl♠des said:
Okay, I've got a question regarding using HEX. How do I make new Flight Positions? I don't believe A-Map lets you do that, so I figure I need to do it in HEX. If somebody could link me to a tutorial on doing such things I'd be quite grateful.

Also, if I'm uploading a map, but using "prt scr" doesn't give me a screencap of the whole map, then how else can I upload the entire thing in one peice. Imageshack doesn't accept .map's, and I can't save it as a JPG, so what do I do.

Lastly, what are the points of level scripts? I wanna make sure I konw the extent to which I can script, so I'm going to need to know what they are, what they do, how they work, etc.

Thanks i advance to any who can contribute.

1. With Flight Positions you should be able to locate them using the Map Bank and Map Number.

2. Just go Tools > Save Map Picture...

3. Level scripts are used like scripts but can't be seen in Map Editor as scripts, like the Oak event at the beginning of Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back