• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Gen VI Pokemon?

Did you like Gen VI?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • I base all my best pokemon looks.
    For this gen, chespin, braixen, sliggoo, and slurpuff win.

Chespin has a HAT. a cute little HAT
    Braixen is just so CUTE! LOOK AT IT!!!!
    Sliggoo is a SNAILLLLLLLL. a smiling snail.
    and slurpuff is... a cupcake? who knows, but it's my superiest best of this generation.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    For me Greninja is the best, his design and the fact it is like a ninja is very awesome :P.

Than there is Pyroar, my sign is Lion so it fits.

Gogoat is a very good Pokémon and has awesome HPs.

Than Aegislash, swords are awesome, they always my favourite weapons in videogames, I prefered them always over guns.

Heliolisk. I like it's design and also it reminds me Pikachu and Raichu of being an one stage electric evolution line which evolves through a stone.

Tyrantrum, this Pokémon just looks majestically.

But Greninja is the best :)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Gourgeist for me. It's a smiling pumpkin thing with cool typing and its unique sizing characteristic is pretty fresh.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I base this usually off of looks just so everyone knows.

Delphox, Florges, Gourgeist, and Zygarde. I think they have the best designs/best concepts. I used three out of the four (I never use legendaries) and I was pleased with them. Although Delphox was a little disappointing to actually use in battle, but I just love to play in game anyway.

Years
  • I actually really liked this Gen's designs - they may not have had as many as previous ones but for me the quality of the pokés they DID have made up for that lol :)

Honestly I really liked a lot, to the point where it was hard to narrow down a team haha :) Some of my faves were: Fletchinder, Vivillon, Clawitzer, Xerneas, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk, Inkay and Dedenne :)

I think my absolute favourite is Vivillon, I love the concept of all the different designs which just helps it stand out so much, especially as there are quite a few butterfly-type Pokémon :) It was also a great Pokémon in my first playthrough :)

My favourite design though is definitely Fletchinder, the colour combination is just perfect - I love the inclusion of gold on the wings :) I haven't liked a bird Pokémon this much since Swellow's line in Gen 3 :)

Years
  • Completely ignoring anything other than looks and typing, I really like both Litleo and Pyroar (the male form moreso than the female one). I always find myself loving the two-stage Fire Pokemon such as Vulpix/Ninetales, Growlithe/Arcanine, Houndour/Houndoom, etc., and Litleo and Pyroar just followed that trend.

Other than that, Vivillon, Aegislash and Aurorus are pretty cool, off the top of my head.

Years
  • Chespin, Espurr, Meowstic, Sylveon, Pumpkaboo, Phantump.. my list will go on and on. But my top is Chespin with the Espurr line following closely after. :3 Male Pyroar is a beaut but I've yet to actually get one with good IVs in my games.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2014
    I really like the designs for most of the Gen VI pokemon, except for Klefki. Nintendo really dropped the ball on that one. Other than that, everything is fine.

Also, all 3 starters have really balanced stats.

My favorites are Greninja, Clawitzer and Goodra

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Dragalge was my favorite from Kalos, but there are tons of others introduced that caught my eye. Greninja was originally my favorite before I discovered Skrelp's awesome evolution, and male Pyroars are totally majestic creatures. :] If Carbink were more useful offensively, I definitely would've used one on my team in Y! It's an adorable Pokemon, but its niche is in support, a role that I generally don't use while playing through the main story line of Pokemon games.

Years
  • I honestly love most the Pokemon introduced in Kalos, haha ;; However, there are some that stand out:

Sylveon: I love all Eeveelutions so Sylveon was already a fave when it was first announced. Love its design, type, shiny color palette, typing, HA, and movepool. It may not be considered the "best" Eeveelution, but it does pretty well in-game and is still adorable as heck (especially in Amie), hnnngh.

Aegislash: Cool design, cool pre-evos., cool typing (would've been better if not for the Steel nerf, tho), cool base stats, cool movepool. This is one of my new faves to use in competitive battling, especially since it can run a number of movesets. I'm also a fan of offensive Steel types because they can pack a punch while resisting a lot of types.

Carbink: This thing is so cute and I love its design and it being part Fairy and I wish it were a lot better than it really is ;; At least it can mutate into Diancie, which seems pretty good AND has a Mega Evo.!

Fennekin: Fave starter; it's absolutely adorable, is based off my all-time fave animal, and doesn't evolve into a Fire/Fighting type!

Greninja: Fave fully-evolved starter; love just about everything about it.

Defective

defectiveShrink
    Years
  • The ones that stood out most to me this generations would have to be...

Chesnaught- It has easily become my favorite Grass starter and it's pretty adorable even though it looks like it could break your neck if you ticked it off badly enough.

Goomy- I have a soft spot for squishy blobs and this one if SO FREAKING CUTE.

Carbink- At first I thought "what the heck is this." It quickly turned into "awwwwww loook at the little rock baby." I'm currently using it in my Trick Room team.

Swirlix- Cotton candy puppy will always be adorable to me.

There are probably more serious reasons as to why I like those guys so much but it's late and my brain is kind of fried.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm a pretty big fan of Talonflame, personally. More specifically, ones that have Gale Wings ability. All Talonflame has access to Brave Bird, but those who also contain former get priority when striking attacks like this, causing them to always go first. I've used one of these Pokémon before while battling, and it was pretty fun to utilize; it was able to defeat more than half of my opponent's team single-handedly, without any sort of trouble at all. Alongside, Mega-Blastoise would have to be my favorite, too; it's extremely bulky, could endure hits, and strike back even harder. I have it on my team right now, and am loving it. A lot. At one point, it was able to withstand three Thunderbolt attacks from Raichu while battling online. If you ask me, that's pretty impressive!

Sirfetch’d

Hard picking a favorite as all of them were really spectacular. I'd have to say that I was really a huge fan though of all the new fairies that were introduced, most specifically Klefki and Florges. Those two are so cute imo! I'd also say that Aegislash is another one that I'd consider a favorite from this gen. Basically picking an overall favorite is impossible especially when factoring in all of the amazing mega evolutions as well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Overall my favorite 6th gen pokémon is Aegislash. Ever since X and Y were announced I was hoping for a pokémon with the ghost/steel typing (I know Aegislash is actually steel/ghost but ghost/steel just sounds better to me) and ended up with one that was better looking than I ever would have expected. Though I was mildly disappointed about the steel type getting nerfed and I was kind of hoping it would have Levitate. I used one on my first playthrough of the game and it was easily my best in-game pokémon (the fact that it had a type advantage over 7/8 gyms may have helped) and later bred and raised one to use competitively later. After using it both in-game and online, I'd say it easily makes my top 10 pokémon of all time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    I have a mew... that counts, right? RIGHT? RIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?/1/1/1/1/?!??!?!/?!/1?!1/!?1/1/!

..................................................................................................................................................................

Seriously now, Goodra is great. The first one i ever got was 4 iv! I used it in game and competitively, and is was amazing, especially since he had his gooey ability.

Back