• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Unova Exploration! [IC]

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas walked to the edge of the forest north of Icirrus City. Ayla walked close behind. After they came to the clearing, they saw a bridge and a giant hole in the tower. They looked up and the tower seemed to go on forever. Dallas took a seat to the left of the bridge and looked in the water. There was no telling how far it went down. The water was dark and went down forever. He pulled out is dex and looked at the dragons located in the area.

"Hmm, three dragon types live around here, Druddigon, Dratini, and very rarely Deino. My dad and three other are actually the only ones who have seen the Deino." Dallas said.

"Why are you so into flying and dragon types anyways?" Ayla asked, taking a seat next to him.

He laughed a little as he got a fishing rod ready. "I grew up in a town with an airport. Skyla, the previous gym leader before it shut down, became like an older sister to me that I never had. She used flying types and took me to other regions when my parents were not home and I needed someone to stay with. That is why I became a Flying Type fan. The reasoning that I love dragons is similar, most can fly, but that is not why I fell in love with them. A few years ago, Skyla took me to a Nature Reserve, while I was visiting, I saw a black Haxorus. It was so awesome. I wanted to catch it or befriend it, but I never could. I later found out that the hero from the 2nd Team Plasma Disbandment caught it. I became a fan of dragons when I saw that shiny Haxorus."

About an hour passed and he finally got a nibble. He jerked the pole and a Dratini appeared. He quickly took a picture of it while is was bursting out of the water and then threw a quick ball after he dropped the pole. It clicked three times and he caught it. He ran over to the pokeball and held it in the air. "Woohoo, I got me a Dratini!"

Ayla clapped and cheered. While he had been fishing, Ayla had apparently went off and caught the pokemon she was looking for which was a Mienfoo. He congratulated her on her catch.

"Alrighty. Now time to find the Deino." Dallas said.

"So how are we going to find this pokemon?" Ayla asked.

"According to my father's notes, there is a secrete cave in the woods that is not very large. Most people don't go there because it is off the route. The notes say that the Deino stay hidden in that cave and come out at night." Dallas said.

"So we have to go through the woods... Ugh why is it always the woods." Ayla sighed.

Dallas chuckled and he packed up and put his newly caught Dratini on his belt. He had put most of his pokemon in the PC other than his Skarmory, Charmader, and Rufflet. They walked into the forest. It was easy to see and walk for the most part, but it seemed to get thicker and thicker. Dallas wondered if they were lost, but they caught a glimpse of a cave. Dallas put his arm out to stop Ayla from walking.

"Alright, this must be it. This pokemon are going to be fairly strong so be ca-" Dallas tried to say, but a fierce screeched filled the air. Both of them looked up and they spotted a very large Hydreigon.

"Why did it have to be a freaking Hydreigon....." Dallas sighed.

"What's wrong with a Hydreigon? Isn't it the final stage of Deino?" Ayla asked.

"Yes, but we don't have a pokemon to battle it. It would be too powerful." Dallas said, pulling out his camera.

"Are you seriously going to take a picture of it?" Ayla said in a surprised whisper.

"Yep!" He whispered back.

Dallas snapped a few photos. After Hydreigon left, Dallas noticed a Deino not far away from him. It didn't look like it was a native Deino. Dallas quickly pulled out another quick ball and threw it. It sucked the pokemon in and shook once, but then reopend. The Deino now knew they were there and was not happy one bit.

"Umm... Run! Get to the clearing so we can battle it safely!" Dallas yelled.

Both took off and the Deino followed close behind. Dallas threw out Charmander and the two battled. They were not able to get to the clearing. So they had to battle in the woods. They attacks were launched back and forth between the two pokemon.

"Charmander! Use Dragon Claw!" Dallas yelled. The attack hit home and the Deino went flying.

"Alright, Dusk Ball, Go!" Dallas yelled. The ball shook once.... and clicked.

"Oh yeah! Critical Capture!" Dallas yelled.

Again Ayla clapped as Dallas ran to his new pokemon.

"When did your Charmander learn Dragon Claw?" Ayla asked.

"I taught it to him last night as we trained." Dallas asked.

"Good job Charmander. Return." Dallas said as he brought out Charmander pokeball.

Ayla ran over to Dallas. "Alright, are we ready?" Ayla asked.

"Yes. Skarmory, Deino and Dratini. Come out." Dallas yelled.

He asked Deino and Dratini if they wanted to travel with him and they agreed. He returned them and now Ayla called out a Unfezant. The group flew away to the south. Heading to Castelia City.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
The bridge was simply majestic; its well- sculpted towers, pointed spires and marble architecture was breathtakingly ravishing. Plying through the grandiose overpass, the notorious megalopolis of Castelia had greeted them; indeed, it was the very epitome of beauty. Matthew gazed, awestruck at the towering skyscrapers that interspersed about the rather inundating cityscape. Amazed, Matthew remarked, "So this is Castelia City.. "

A rather awed expression befell Maya's marveled visage. The megalopolis was wholly immense, and unbelievably so. Indeed, it was a sight to behold. Hailed as the embodiment of grandeur, the megalopolis fell no less than short of its name; it was indeed, the embodiment of grandeur.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
As everyone stepped into the large city known as Castellia, it reminded Kio of how small everyone is here, like little grains of sand on a lush beach. He dartyed around peering through every shop window they passed and eventually they arrived at what seemed to be an inn. It seemed quite modern, but nothing could be said for sure, for the windows looked pale and cracked, and who knows what the insides looked like. I guess you could call it cheap renting.

"What do you think we should do then, considering your kinda leading this group Mathew. Where should we go now?"

The city really was huge, and wit the festival only moments away who knew what might happen.

Maxew555

You can call me Max :D
Years
Swiftly, Ryan made his was to the docks and met Roxie before boarding the ship. After being on the voyage for a long period of time, Ryan lost track of it. They had to have taken a detour, later on Ryan found that this was true, the had heard warnings of a large frigate suspiciously stopped in their path. After an slow and rough journey, they arrived in Castelia, Roxie said farewell, shortly before Ryan thanked her for everything.

On his way to the Pokemon Centre, Ryan spotted a rather strange boy who looked like he had ears, however, Ryan continued to walk and soon came across the correct building and entered. He had Tepig and Growlithe healed before starting to walk towards to exit again as he planned to take a look around the city. He stepped outside of the building and headed towards one of the docks that many trainers seemed to be swarming near. He managed to push his way to the front before reading a banner that read:

'Ghost and Dark Type Pokemon Tournament'

Ryan stared at the banner and began to contemplate about it before deciding to enter, he headed towards the sign-up desk before he realized that he had no Ghost or Dark type Pokemon. However Ryan knew of a tourist attraction close by known as the 'Relic Castle' and thought that there may be some Pokemon he could catch there that he could use, so he started heading to the north part of Castelia and onto Route 4.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
Matthew shrugged, "I.. don't know, actually." He paused. "Well, considering that I'm not all- too familiar with the Unova region, I'm really not the one to ask."

Smiling rather lightheartedly, he asked, "But, suggestions would be mighty appreciated. That is, if you have any. Which is fantastic, if you do!"

Madison chimed in. "How about swinging by the Castelia City gym?" She winked, "I'd love to have a quick double battle with you all! If you don't mind that is."

Matthew smiled, "Sound good!" He paused, "Maya, Kio, is that all right with the both of you? Or.. "

Maya nodded, "Sure. That'll be great!"

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
A double battle, meaning multi battle. Kios ears, metaphorically, perked up at the sound of it. He hadn't yet had a tag team battle and it would be an epxerience, and then straight after that comes the festivities.

"That's such a good idea, come on lets go now!" With that Kio's legs picked up pace and began to run past all the docks and deeper into the city. The signs were everywhere to the gym, that it was impossible to get lost here. Every few seconds he stopped to let the others catch up slowly, before running off again. In due time they reached the Castelia gym. Someone has been keeping it in fine shape.

"So this used to be a bug gym huh, hey I just realized that we are gonna have spectators on our hands here!" Kio darted inside and sat on a chair before the opters could get in. The place was huge, with streaming lights everywhere, and a large battlefield in which a battle was finishing up. An oshawott and a buizel battled it out to become the victor, and so far it seemed the buizel was winning.

"Hey look, that buizel has ice punch!" Kio exclaims as the fox pokémon hits hard with it's physical move. As the battle finished, Kio jumped up to claim the battlefield for their battle, along with a few moans from the awaiting croud.

"I'm going with Maya!" Kio exclaims persistently as everyone gathers on the battlefield.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
Maya smiled, pleased at Kio's rather bold proclamation. "I guess that settles it. I'll be Kio's partner."

Matthew chimed in, "I'll be Madison's partner then." Madison simply nodded, "Shall we begin?"

"Milotic, on with the show!" Gracing the rather elongated platform with its shimmering tail, the ravishing serpent lilted, "Mi- Mi- Milotic!"

Maya smiled, "Milotic, huh?" She paused. "Well, in that case.. Togekiss, shine on!"

"Let's go, Sandile!" Matthew clamored. The small, russet crocodile graced the elongated platform. "San- Sandile!" Sandile bellowed with thrill.

Matthew smiled. Even Sandile's pumped up for the match. He paused. Granted, it is his very first. But even so.. I hadn't expected that much of an enthusiasm. Ah. Oh well. Who am I to stand in the way of his fun?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
"Ghastly, I er, choose you, and stuff!" Kio bellowed enthusiastically. The game was set.

"Ghastly, toxic on your Togekiss's biggest threat Milotic!"

"Ghaa!" A clump of purple fluid enclosed around the water type, enveloping until it was inflicted with a badly poisoned status condition. As the move played out, Kio, being rather over dramatic, played out a more intense version of the pokémons actions during the move due to his excitement. Kio's worry was that the Mioltic would know ice beam and strike down Togekiss in a matter of time, and Kio could have his partner losing so suddenly. When the field is set however, the odds are in Mathew and Maddison's favor, for water types very often know ice moves, which is good on a flying type like togekiss, and the sandile had it's dark combat style, which is generally the way to go when versing a ghost type, however with Mioltic's status condition, it's special attack will go down a little bit, and it will slowly weaken the Miolitic, who is evidently the stronger pokémon here.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
"Milotic, repel Ghastly's attack with Surf, then twister!" Rivulets of gushing waters spiraled into a frenzied tempest, and encased the cream serpent within an aqueous haven. Ridding of the globs of purple venom that had enclosed them, Madison bellowed, "Rebut with Surf!"

Maya chimed in, "Air Slash, Togekiss!"

Molding blue strings of light, the white avian met the deluge of gushing waters with a thud, cleaving the cresting waves with radiant white appendages.

Matthew chimed in, "Sandile, engage Ghastly with Bite."

The russet hued crocodile, fangs brutishly bared, approached the hovering Ghastly. Matthew smiled, That should keep the two occupied. That way, they can't coordinate attacks.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
It was obvious the two were trying to un-coordinate their attacks, and thus far it had worked. For a pokémon to deflect such an attack as toxic was unbelievable, such power, but this didn't hold back.

"Dodge Sandile's bite, and use Togekiss for cover!" A swift vanish and reappearance allowed Ghastly to avoid the attack and get behind the flying pokémon as it prepared to strike. Mioltic's surf grew nearer, and as it did, Ghastly prepared the protect move, as Togekiss swiftly dodged the attack with grace.

"Ghastly, shadow ball at togekiss!"

Kio knew where he was going with this, as the Ghost pokémon was hidden away from sight, and the normal type pokémon was un effected by such typed moves, it was possible to attack through Togekiss and use it as a cover shield. It worked as planned, and a dark blob came hurling towards the sandile, followed by the blue streams of light projected via Togekiss's wings.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas and Ayla arrived at the north gate of Castelia City. Skarmory and Unfezant were tired from the long fly from Dragonspiral Tower. Dallas had been here many times before, but every time he was awestruck. The buildings towered in the so high that he could not see tops.

"Wow... I can't believe how tall these buildings are sometimes." Ayla said.

"I assume you have been her before then?" Dallas asked.

"Yep! I arrived here from Kanto. So this was the first place I saw here in Castelia." Ayla said.

"I have been here a few times, but no matter how many times I come here, I am still amazed." Dallas said.

"Hey how about we go to the park before it gets dark?" Ayla asked.

"Sure, but first let's go get our pokemon looked at and get signed up for the tournament." Dallas said, returning Skarmory to his pokeball.

Ayla followed with returning Unfezant. As they walked through the streets. Ayla took Dallas's hand and squeezed it in fear. Dallas looked at her, he saw fear in her eyes. Something had happened here when she first arrived in Unova and hadn't told Dallas.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
A shroud of dust plumed as the glob of dusk careened towards Sandile. "San- Sand- Sandile!"

"Are you alright, buddy?" Matthew bellowed. Sandile simply nodded, "Sandile!"

Matthew smiled, pleased, "Impressive, Kio!" He paused. "But.. Madison, let's hit em' with everything we've got! No holds barred!"

"Quickly, Sandile! Dig, let's go!" In a blink of an eye, the small russet crocodile burrowed beneath the barren earth.

Madison chimed in, "Of course! I'll give it my all!"

"Aqua Tail at Ghastly, Milotic!" Coating its shimmering tail with a surge of gushing water, Milotic snaked towards the rather small Ghastly, lashing its tail like a whip.

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
A sudden swipe of a tail sent GHASTLY flying across the stage. The Milotic clearly out powered the poor ghost type, but it remained hovering slightly. Kio had no clue as to what he should do as of now.

"Ghastly, toxic again." It takes the round ghost quite some time to regain it's balance and begin to attack once more, with a flurry of purple orbs heading this time not at Milotic who can easily shake off such an attack, but Mathew's newly caught Sandile, who was susceptible to such a thing. The toxic surrounded the ground type and enclosed it in it's mysterious royal colour, however Kio was aware of Ghastly's lack of defence now.

"Scary face on Milotic!" A rather menacing glare seemed to confront Milotic's eyes now, hopefully decreasing her speed stat so that Togekiss could go in and take a few quick swoops at the Snake like pokémon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
They finally got to the Poke Center after a long walk through town. Dallas thought for a few minutes, and he thought best to get a room first with so so many people here. He walked over to the desk with Ayla. Ayla quickly released his hand after noticing she still been holding his.

"Can I get two rooms please?" Dallas asked.

"Sorry. We are out of single rooms. However, we have rooms available for small groups." Nurse Joy said.

Dallas looked at Ayla. Here face was slightly red, but Dallas just smiled. "Ayla, There is no more single rooms. Do you want to see if we can find a hotel that has two free rooms?"

"No no. People share rooms all the time when traveling together." Ayla said putting both hands behind her back.

She was most definitely afraid of something here. Dallas nodded and turned back to Nurse Joy.

"Ok, we will take a three or four person room." Dallas said.

"Are you sure? I have two person rooms available, three and fours are going to be more." Nurse Joy explained.

"We will take a four person. You never know, we might run into someone here, and I would like a place for our pokemon to be able to sleep as well. I don't much like having them in their pokeballs." Dallas said.

"Ok, here are the card keys. Also if your here for the Halloween Tournament, sign ups close tonight at midnight." Nurse Joy said as she smiled and headed over the keys.

Dallas handed her his card that he carried.

"Oh my. Your Dallas Redit. I would love to see some photos someday. I enjoy them." Nurse Joy said.

"Haha. Thanks. I actually may have some photos for you, but I may have to look for them. My album, Computer and Cameras are in my bad right now, and don't really want to take them out in here because it can be a hassle." Dallas said with a embarrassed smile as he scratched behind his head.

"Alright. I may have a job or two for you if you want to come talk to me later. I am sure you can find a few people with jobs around here as well. Well here's your card. You two enjoy your room." Nurse Joy smiled, handing Dallas's card back.

Dallas and Ayla both walked up a few sets of stairs and into their room. The room was massive, there was no doubt plenty of room for pokemon and four people.

"I didn't know you were famous Dallas! That is awesome." Ayla said, putting her stuff on a couch that was in the room.

"Not famous, just well known. I am far from famous. Only pokemon experts really know me because of my pictures." Dallas said putting is backpack and computer case on the same couch.

Dallas now had four cameras. He had found the camera that he wanted. So he now had a Underwater Camera, Daytime Camera, Nighttime Camera, and a Weather Proof.

Ayla sat down tired on the couch. They had been walking a lot today. Dallas sat down across from her in a lazy boy seat and relaxed as well. Dallas then took a deep breath.

"Ayla, may I ask what happened here when you first got here?" Dallas asked.

Something in Ayla clicked. Almost instantly, her eyes watered, but tears never shed. Dallas was right, something had happened and he was probably about to find out.

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
This wraps up the UO saga for now. Spoilered because it's a long post.

Spoiler:

Maxew555

You can call me Max :D
Years
Ryan slowly trudged through the mounds of sand as he neared Relic Castle, he unzipped his bag to see if any of its contents were edible, he felt hungry as he had not eaten for a matter of hours, he spotted a Rage Candy Bar that his Dad had packed for him before he left to go to Virbank, he grabbed it a pulled it out of his bag. He slipped it into his pocket as he made it to the entrance of the castle, he took shelter from the lashing sands as they flew through the air as a result of the sandstorm that was currently brewing, as they often did on Route 4 and the Desert Resort. Ryan grasped the bar out of his pocket before unwrapping it and placing the litter in his bag, he brought his teeth down, only to crunch through nothing but thin air. His Rage Candy Bar had disappeared! Ryan checked himself once and once more before seeing a Darmanitan standing before him, out in the sandstorm about to eat his Rage Candy Bar. Ryan lunged at the Pokemon and as a result he rebounded off of its hard flesh and fell into the sand behind him, however he got back up ever so quickly, like a Garchomp on a rampage he charged at the large fire primate Pokemon once more. He repeated this until the Pokemon had finished eating.

"Hey! Thats rude y' know!" Ryan exclaimed at the Pokemon "Alrighty! Its on then!" Ryan finished before throwing a Pokeball into the air that contained Growlithe. "OK, its our first battle Growlithe, lets show this Darmanitan what we are made of! Start off with a Take Down!" Ryan started, with the Growlithe following his command, charging at the opposition, head on, making collision as the Darmanitan had decided to do the same.

"Graaaaa!" Growlithe cried out in pain before, ever so slowly, clambering back to its feet, however it was too late the opposing Pokemon had taken the opportunity to use Brick Break, knocking the small tiger Pokemon to the ground and out cold.

"Ok, Piggy! Your up next!" Ryan exclaimed before hurling Piggy's Pokeball into the sky after returning Growlithe to its own first. The Tepig appeared, ready for the battle that awaited it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas waited for an answer as he went to get a cup of water.

"I told you that my father left me and my mother. Well... when I first got here, he was here... with one of the gangs in Castelia. He had found me and chased me. His gang ended up catching me and......" Tears started flowing slowly down Ayla's face as she spoke.

Dallas listened. He did not know her or her father very well, but he was starting to lose his cool. Dallas didn't like abusive father's. Not to mention having his gang do his dirty work.

"Ok. You don't have to go any further. I can tell your memories are bringing great pain." Dallas said.

"No, these are not tears of pain or sorrow. These are tears of happiness because someone finally cares enough to ask me." Ayla said.

Dallas was taken by surprise. He didn't know what to say.

"When they caught me. They said they would do a lot of things, but I was able to escape with the help of my pokemon." Ayla finished.

Dallas did not say anything. Instead he walked over to where Ayla sat. Instantly she wrapped her arms around Dallas. "Thank you for caring, but there is something else I lied to you about... My mother died because of my father. She cared so much for him that when he left. It killed her." Ayla said, this time, tears did flow down. Not tears of joy, but tears of sorrow.

A great pain struck Dallas's heart when he heard the words. His heart was sad, and without warning, his eyes also filled with tears. "I'm so sorry."

After resting up a bit. They got everything ready and they left their room. Dallas got on the pc phone with Nurse Joy in Undella City and she sent over Fletchling. He asked all the pokemon he had caught if they wanted to join them and all agreed. Dallas ran back to his room to get his normal camera for daytime photos for when they went to the park. Dallas then deposited Skarmory, Dratini, and Fletchling, leaving only Rufflet, Dieno, and Charmander with him. They then went to sign up for the tournament before they left for the park. They walked near the Skyarrow Bridge entrance, but did not enter. Instead they took the last dock and down a set of stairs.

"They really could have designed this place better. Why the heck would you make the only entrance to the park from the sewer?" He questioned as he covered his nose. They quickly walked to the area to the park and quickly ran up the stairs. A wave of not-so-clean city air hit them. Not fresh, but fresher than the sewer.

Last edited:
Back