• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Pokémon Puzzle Parade - Puzzle thread #4

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • 20px-Psychic-attack.png
    Information
    Yup, it's Sunday again and that means some new puzzles are appearing! This week's puzzles may seem a little strange. The first one is something I'm trying out. It's really hard to estimate its difficulty, it could be extremely easy or terribly hard, it may even differ from person to person. The second shouldn't be very hard, it's basically a strange word search variant. There's not much more I have to tell at this point, so I suggest just checking out the puzzles.

You have till September 28th (Monday) 7PM UTC to send in answers. Good luck!
    -Lycan

20px-Psychic-attack.png
    Puzzle 7: Similarity code
    Two sets of Pokémon are given. The Pokémon in each set have some sort of similarity. It's up to you to find it! Please add a small explanation why the letter or number covers the Pokémon.

The first set of Pokémon is: Raticate, Ekans, Zubat, Muk, Cubone. What they share is can be represented by one letter of the alphabet.

The second set has only three Pokémon: Igglybuff, Tyrogue and Wooper. They have a number greater than 10 in common.

Together the letter and the number form a hint.

20px-Psychic-attack.png
    Puzzle #8: Evosearch
    All the Caterpie, Metapod and Butterfree are scrambled! They're only once in the right order or evolution in the puzzle in a straight line (horizontally or vertically, possibly backwards). Provide me either the coordinates of the three Pokémon or mark them in the image with your favorite image editor.

efNGVlw.png

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
  • As I won't be home this weekend, this week's deadline will be extended to Monday 28th of this month. I'll try to get Round 5 up the same evening, but it might end up to be Tuesday.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I freaked out when I almost forgot to do this week's puzzles (blame tests and essays), but then I saw that you extended the deadline, haha. Talk about being lucky! xD

By the way, PM notifications are broken right now (at least for me), so you might have to manually check your inbox for answers.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Oh, I almost missed this! I solved a bunch of them a few days ago, but put off sending in my answers until I figured out all of them. Would have been a shame if I had missed out because of that haha

Lycanthropy

Years
  • I freaked out when I almost forgot to do this week's puzzles (blame tests and essays), but then I saw that you extended the deadline, haha. Talk about being lucky! xD

That's funny, about the same happened to me a while ago. My bus was terribly late and I was too late at uni. I forgot class started a quarter later that day. (This happened twice by the way.)

Back on topic of the PPP: I only just got home, which was a lot later than I expected, which means the next round of puzzles will appear tomorrow.
    I've received many submissions today (and yesterday), but there's not much of a point to send back I received them with only a half hour left and the PM notifications system is broken anyway.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • 20px-Psychic-attack.png
    Puzzle 7: Similarity code - Answer
    Raticate, Ekans, Zubat, Muk and Cubone are all Pokémon used a lot by Team Rocket, whose logo is a red letter R.
    Igglybuff, Tyrogue and Wooper all have a base stat total of 210 and they're the only ones.

20px-Psychic-attack.png
    Puzzle #8: Evosearch - Answer
    This puzzle was seen as the easiest puzzle by far, as expected. But in case people are too lazy to look for the answer themselves, here you go:
    iV2GXuQ.png

Back