• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Doorways! (M)

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years

Doorways

IC

Welcome

Long before you or I were ever born there was a battle. A great battle between the forces of darkness, and the people of the light. In the end the forces of light prevailed, sealing the darkness away behind a barrier that would keep it tucked away for all of eternity. Or so they hoped.
Something has happened to cause the barrier to the realm of darkness to weaken, releasing creatures of darkness into the worlds of the light, where they attack and consume all they come acrost...
But hope is not lost! In the world of Sanctuary an organization has gathered seeking to defeat the darkness and seal them away once more.

How do we defeat the darkness?

Well typically the darkness enter into the realm of light via dark doorways which lead into their homeworld the realm of darkness. These doorways can be closed and locked just like any other door, however the forces of darkness almost always have some form of guard protecting the doorway.
The creatures of darkness themselves seem to be able to be destroyed by weapons just like normal creatures would, although when they are destroyed they fade instead of leaving a body. It is speculated that they simply return to the realm of darkness.

How do we travel between worlds?

Similar to how there are doorways between the two sides of the universe, doorways exist between the worlds of light and sometimes doorways can be opened if you know how. The organization captains all have a special "Key" that can open a doorway, which will generally be how organization members travel from world to world.

How do I fit into this?

The organization has travelled to other worlds attacked by the darkness, recruiting people who want to help them fight the darkness. How you came to join the organization is up to you, but as the story begins you will be a rookie member of squad thirteen who has only recently completed their initiation into the organization.
Your job in the organization is to fulfil whatever mission your squad has been assigned, this generally will involve going into another world and doing anything from closing a door to darkness or hunting down an object that the organization deems useful.

Cool! Let me just work on making a new character!

Well... you could do that... but the cool thing about having a multiverse made up of different worlds based on other roleplays is that you could use a character from one of those other roleplays. Of course you would need to come up with a reason for them to join the organization that fits their personality, but thats hardly any work compared to making a whole new character.

SU Format:
Name: (Self explanatory)
Appearance: (You can just copy this from the orginal SU)
Personality: (You can just copy this from your original SU )
History: (How you joined the organization)
Weapon: (What do they fight with? Swords? Guns? Magic? Pokémon?)
Orignal Roleplay: (Name of the original RP)
Original Signup: (Link to the original RP)

Rules, Rating and Notes

1: Don't bunny other peoples characters without permission. Thats pretty darude.
2: A MINIMUM of one every two weeks is required. After two weeks of inactivity you will be kicked unless you have given a good explanation as to why you couldn't post. If you are doing a JP, note that it still needs to be done before the two weeks are up.
3: You may use any character YOU made, but I can't let you use other peoples characters.
4: I'm not putting a limit on players, but I might close slots if it gets to crowded, and they will open up again if someone is kicked. No reserving spots if that does happen, work on an SU and get it posted and i'll let you know if I choose you to join.
5: You aren't invincible. You aren't a god. You're character can (And should!) have the crap beat out of them! Its good for story!
6: All PC rules apply
7: Have fun... or else

Rated M for my terrible language, the likely gore that will ensue when we go to some of the more... violent worlds... and because personally I don't feel like having to censor anything.

Notes:
Once we start i'll post lists of all of the important npc's, the types of darkness, and a list of worlds, that isn't stuff thats important as of yet so I ommited it from the OOC opening post, but it will be there <3

Well this CSS is much better! <3

Yes, heavy inspiration from Kingdom hearts, Bleach, and probably a bunch of stuff I haven't even realized. But hopefully it meshes well and we all have a fun time <3

Srry 5 trble grmr​

Members of Squad 13
aeternum as Major Tom
FireSnow as Shadow O'Shea
Godzil as Dustin Rhodes
TheSignWriter as Nora Dawson

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Name: Major Tom
Appearance: A skeleton in a space suit
Spoiler:

Personality: Completely insane with a mind stuck in the early 2000s. Major Tom has a soft spot for puppies and children. His favorite song is Metallica's Ride The Lightning and his blood really gets pumping whenever it gets playing. He often starts to make skeleton puns, but hardly ever finishes them. Has multiple personality disorder and switches between his actual personality which is a depressed soviet cosmonaut who just wants to drink vodka but can no longer do so as he lacks the throat and organ required to do so. American Radio Personality. Listening to years of talk radio and late night hosts have lead him to believe that he is also these people and switches between them at will. Everything is pretty much wildly inaccurate and on par with propaganda about America. Wrestling announcer, because it's funny. Skeleton personality. All he does is scream and want to free other skeletons from their horrible flesh and muscle trappings. Remember, inside every person is a happy skeleton just dying to get out. He really misses home cooking.
History: After he floated through space, but before joining the organization he found himself in the city of time as an enforcer. Brought into that world by a mysterious wormhole, he blended in with the other members. After the unknown ending of the city of time, he was brought to the organization through similar means and found himself blending in and completing missions just like anyone else in no time.
Weapon: Magic Wishing Star and a space mace
Orignal Roleplay: Time Police
Original Signup: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8882963#post8882963

Oddball_

Years
Name: Major Tom
Appearance: A skeleton in a space suit
Spoiler:

Personality: Completely insane with a mind stuck in the early 2000s. Major Tom has a soft spot for puppies and children. His favorite song is Metallica's Ride The Lightning and his blood really gets pumping whenever it gets playing. He often starts to make skeleton puns, but hardly ever finishes them. Has multiple personality disorder and switches between his actual personality which is a depressed soviet cosmonaut who just wants to drink vodka but can no longer do so as he lacks the throat and organ required to do so. American Radio Personality. Listening to years of talk radio and late night hosts have lead him to believe that he is also these people and switches between them at will. Everything is pretty much wildly inaccurate and on par with propaganda about America. Wrestling announcer, because it's funny. Skeleton personality. All he does is scream and want to free other skeletons from their horrible flesh and muscle trappings. Remember, inside every person is a happy skeleton just dying to get out. He really misses home cooking.
History: After he floated through space, but before joining the organization he found himself in the city of time as an enforcer. Brought into that world by a mysterious wormhole, he blended in with the other members. After the unknown ending of the city of time, he was brought to the organization through similar means and found himself blending in and completing missions just like anyone else in no time.
Weapon: Magic Wishing Star and a space mace
Orignal Roleplay: Time Police
Original Signup: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8882963#post8882963

Well I should have figured we would have... interesting characters like this... ACCEPTED
(As a side note, I should probably ask if the wishing star does anything other than give little girls candy...)

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Name: Shadow O'Shea
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Shadow always feels like he has something to prove. As such, he carries himself in a way that can be off-putting to others. He has a very determined demeanor with serious case of resting angry, might sick his Pokemon on you at any moment face. He knows what he wants and he is not afraid to go out and get it, no matter the danger that may be involved. In addition, he will do anything for those he loves, oftentimes ending up in some kind of fight for those who hurt his loved ones. In his free time, he really enjoys cloud watching and on sunny, partly cloudy days will waste hours finding pictures in the clouds.
History: Wanting to show that he was his own person, Shadow went out to challenge the Lethia League, an undergrounf battle league full of adventure and danger. AS he arrived there and set out on journey he was blindsided by an attack. Woozily getting up, he saw a Pokemon that didn't seem quite right, Seemed a bit like a Houndour but there was something about it...something evil. Not giving it too much thought, Shadow sent out his Electabuzz and proceeded to defeat the creature for it only to fade away into nothing. Quickly after, Shadow could see several other creatures similar to the last one begin appearing. Ready for a battle, Shadow never got the chance as he was quickly yanked into some kind of portal. Now in a new world, Shadow was enlisted in the organization. As a member of the organization, Shadow quickly impressed the leaders and was assigned to a squad to complete missions to combat the darkness.
Weapon: Pokemon
Original RP: Pokemon Earth and Sky
Original SU: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9180037&postcount=13

Oddball_

Years
Name: Shadow O'Shea
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Shadow always feels like he has something to prove. As such, he carries himself in a way that can be off-putting to others. He has a very determined demeanor with serious case of resting angry, might sick his Pokemon on you at any moment face. He knows what he wants and he is not afraid to go out and get it, no matter the danger that may be involved. In addition, he will do anything for those he loves, oftentimes ending up in some kind of fight for those who hurt his loved ones. In his free time, he really enjoys cloud watching and on sunny, partly cloudy days will waste hours finding pictures in the clouds.
History: Wanting to show that he was his own person, Shadow went out to challenge the Lethia League, an undergrounf battle league full of adventure and danger. AS he arrived there and set out on journey he was blindsided by an attack. Woozily getting up, he saw a Pokemon that didn't seem quite right, Seemed a bit like a Houndour but there was something about it...something evil. Not giving it too much thought, Shadow sent out his Electabuzz and proceeded to defeat the creature for it only to fade away into nothing. Quickly after, Shadow could see several other creatures similar to the last one begin appearing. Ready for a battle, Shadow never got the chance as he was quickly yanked into some kind of portal. Now in a new world, Shadow was enlisted in the organization. As a member of the organization, Shadow quickly impressed the leaders and was assigned to a squad to complete missions to combat the darkness.
Weapon: Pokemon
Original RP: Pokemon Earth and Sky
Original SU: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9180037&postcount=13

Accepted! And lovely little bit of backstory <3
How did you know Shadow Houndour was one of the first Shadow Pokémon I had planned to make appear!

Khawill

<3
Years
Name: Check Ekil
Appearance:
Spoiler:
A man who stands at 6"1, and close to 180lbs of muscle, Check is not a small person. His hair is blonde and reaches his shoulders. He usually wears a full head mask (which has a picture of a skull on it) in battle, which covers his face, keeps his hair down, and prevents it from easily being seen during battle. When he is not fighting, and simply on his own, he still prefers to wear a hat out of habit. He always wears the sunglasses.

In public, Check prefers to wear jeans and a t-shirt. This is universal to all weather, as he is very resistant to cold weather, and is not bothered by hot weather. Occasionally he wears his military uniform. He wears a pair of boots that has a hidden blade in the sole of the left foot. He does not have many other weapons that he carries around though, only a combat knife that is strapped to his waist.

Personality: Check is an extroverted man who delights in physical activity. He is dedicated to being a soldier, though prefers to lead over being led. Additionally he does not trust many long term plans, especially his own. He is very in tune with his surroundings, and can pick up very small changes in expression, posture, or overall tone of other people. Additionally, he knows very well how to speak to people, and leverage them to agree with him. He understands how to manipulate a person's psychology and why people do things. This makes him great as both a squad leader and negotiator (and interrogator). He enjoys to play games, party, and drink when not in combat or training, and is a very harmless drinker. He enjoys barfights, fistfights, kickboxing, boxing, wrestling, and mixed martial arts.

Check has problems caring for planned activities. He would prefer if they just told him what he had to do, and not how he is supposed to do it. This can cause friction between him and superiors. Additionally, he does not care for the logistics behind any technology. If he can use it, he doesn't care how it works, if he can't use it, he still doesn't care how it works. This has led to him being fairly incompetent when it comes to fixing or building machinery. He is also ignorant of much of the country's history, meaning he has a pretty narrow scope on how and why things are in the big picture.

When he puts on his mask, he becomes much more serious. Although he does not change much personality wise, all of his traits take a much darker approach. This is, of course, not the mask, but rather his change of attitude. He understands when he needs to be serious, and he telegraphs it through the mask. He is not stupid in battle, and is extremely deadly in close quarter combat. He is great at using improvised melee weapons and has no sympathy for enemies (meaning he will kill without a second thought). He is fairly honorable, and takes the lives of his squad mates as his responsibility. He believes that he should be the first man in, and the last man out.

History: Check dropped a grenade and jumped out the apartment window, grabbing the ledge and dropping to the window below, the room above him exploding in dust and flames. The three of his current squad members had already been killed by the strange, inky creatures, and Check was pissed. He climbed into the window and ran out of the room, monsters that had survived the blast climbing down from above, while others poured in from below. Check threw his last grenade down the stairs, opening up a path for him to sprint out onto the street. A simple scout and scavenge mission had turned into a complete nightmare as all around him monsters were forming.

Check knew he wasn't going to be able to kill these creatures without using his magic, the thought of having to resort to it making him angry. Check was stopped as a colossal creature blocked his path in the street. It was as tall as the buildings and his shoulder length was nearly enough to touch both sides. Check pulled out his knife, glowing red, he could feel his speed increase greatly. The monster slammed a fist down at Check, who nimbly dodged out of the way, and using efficient movement, he jumped on its arm. He ran up the creature's arm and jumped from it onto the roof of a building, putting distance between him and the monster as he leaped from one roof to another. The monster destroyed the buildings he stood on, always just barely missing him as he went from one to another. Check watched the movements of the monster, how slowly it recovered, and calculated his plan. He stopped, and waited for the monster to swing before jumping on it, and climbing up towards its face. He took his knife out and gouged out its eyes, the monster staggering backwards and then falling onto its back. From there Check mercilessly punched the creature with his enhanced strength until it faded away like all the other monsters.

A wave of more dark creatures approached, and Check was beginning to feel fatigue. He readied his knife, prepared to die fighting, when a hole of light began to swallow him up. He struggled, but he was taken away, saved by this mysterious portal.

"Impressive work." The woman who saved Check said to him, "You made short work of those creatures."

Check's eyes adjusted to the light, "What are you, the keep of the gates of heaven or hell?"

The woman laughed, "Well you aren't dead yet, so neither."

Check's eyes adjusted and he sighed, "Good. You saved my life, I assume you want something in return?" The woman sat in a chair, one leg over the other, and sipping a glass of wine. The room lacked much else, other than a table, chairs and white walls. It reminded Check of an interrogation room.

"How would you like to become a part of an organization that aims to wipe those creatures out?" She asked.

"I'd prefer to go home and fight the wars I have there." Check replied, "Those monsters aren't half as bad as who I deal with."

"If I send you back, you'll merely die to more of the creatures. Wouldn't you like to have the tools and the manpower to handle the situation."

Check sighed, "Fine. I'll play, but I plan on coming back, you got that?"

"Of course." She said with a smile, "Just live long enough to get there."

Check did outstandingly on the combat portions of his initiation, and stood out as an older member. To Check, the initiation was a formality, a waste of time, as his military training had been much more brutal. He was quickly assigned to a squad.

Weapon: Magic: Able to vastly improve strength, reflexes, and speed, he glows red when used. Additionally Check is incredibly strong physically, able to kill a human with a single punch. As a soldier of his world, he is capable of utilizing multiple firearms and improvised weapons.

Orignal Roleplay

Original Signup

Last edited:

Oddball_

Years

Okay, so theres a few things I see here that I'm not a fan of... overall the character seems to be way too strong. Like... even allowing for the fact that we have characters who could be super heroes. Can kill a man with one punch? Despite being quite vauge because men come in different shapes and sizes, assuming its an average sized guy in order to kill him you would have to cause his heart to stop or something which could be caused by a hard enough punch to the chest, breaking several rib bones and whatnot, and i'm no expert but that seems a bit too strong.

I'll allow him to dodge the darkside-ish thing because he used magic, but not taking a single hit? Like I'm pretty good at kingdom hearts but a darkside is a tough opponent for someone not trained to fight it. He can win and thats all good, but like I said in the opening post, them taking hits is good story telling.

As for the rest of it, his personality isn't going to get along well with the Gotei 13 squad captain, but thats good and I haven't explained why so it will be an interesting reveal.

So I guess uh... revise a litte? I know its weird having to tweak a pre made character for a new world, but I think Check could be a good addition to squad 13.

Years
Name: Dustin Rhodes

Appearance:
Spoiler:

At 6 feet tall and just under 230, Dustin is a big guy. His arms and hands are big and strong, but he carries around a bit of extra weight in the middle. His skin is tanned, while his eyes are a soft grey, and his red hair is short and unruly, though it is receding in front. His large grin and thick mustache give his face a friendly, if walrus-like look. He always dresses in style, though he wears drab colors, such as a beige shirt, dark brown pants and matching boots. He wears a brown canvas duster to protect against the elements, and a dusty brown bowler hat. He keeps a pair of protective goggles perched on the brim of his hat, in case of bad weather.

Personality: Dustin is a jolly and upbeat guy, with a sharp wit and love of conversation. He is very patient and slow to anger, but a little stubborn and reluctant to change. He can be lazy, trying to dodge physical labor, and is always on the lookout for his next meal. He enjoys challenges, relishing an opportunity to prove his superiority, but he is always a good sport, win or lose. He doesn't hold grudges, but he doesn't forget his losses, either.

History: After venturing into the desert, hunting a bounty, Dustin took shelter from a raging sandstorm in a convenient cave. While inside, the floor gave out and he fell into darkness. After a week alone in the dark, a doorway opened up nearby, and his options were either join or die. Naturally, he chose to join.

Weapon: He carries a .45 lever-action rifle, a .40 single shot derringer, and a knife concealed in his boot. He also has access to some Earth magic, allowing him to conjure stone walls, conjure and throw rocks, form pits in the earth, summon clouds of dust, and teleport to a short distance within sight.

Orignal Roleplay: Gunpowder

Original Signup: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8646905&postcount=3

Oddball_

Years
Name: Dustin Rhodes

Appearance:
Spoiler:

At 6 feet tall and just under 230, Dustin is a big guy. His arms and hands are big and strong, but he carries around a bit of extra weight in the middle. His skin is tanned, while his eyes are a soft grey, and his red hair is short and unruly, though it is receding in front. His large grin and thick mustache give his face a friendly, if walrus-like look. He always dresses in style, though he wears drab colors, such as a beige shirt, dark brown pants and matching boots. He wears a brown canvas duster to protect against the elements, and a dusty brown bowler hat. He keeps a pair of protective goggles perched on the brim of his hat, in case of bad weather.

Personality: Dustin is a jolly and upbeat guy, with a sharp wit and love of conversation. He is very patient and slow to anger, but a little stubborn and reluctant to change. He can be lazy, trying to dodge physical labor, and is always on the lookout for his next meal. He enjoys challenges, relishing an opportunity to prove his superiority, but he is always a good sport, win or lose. He doesn't hold grudges, but he doesn't forget his losses, either.

History: After venturing into the desert, hunting a bounty, Dustin took shelter from a raging sandstorm in a convenient cave. While inside, the floor gave out and he fell into darkness. After a week alone in the dark, a doorway opened up nearby, and his options were either join or die. Naturally, he chose to join.

Weapon: He carries a .45 lever-action rifle, a .40 single shot derringer, and a knife concealed in his boot. He also has access to some Earth magic, allowing him to conjure stone walls, conjure and throw rocks, form pits in the earth, summon clouds of dust, and teleport to a short distance within sight.

Orignal Roleplay: Gunpowder

Original Signup: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8646905&postcount=3

Bounty hunter turned protector of the light and destroyer of darkness.
APPROVED

EDIT: Guys can we get some female characters? Don't want the gender ration to be too out of whack. <3

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Okay, so theres a few things I see here that I'm not a fan of... overall the character seems to be way too strong. Like... even allowing for the fact that we have characters who could be super heroes. Can kill a man with one punch? Despite being quite vauge because men come in different shapes and sizes, assuming its an average sized guy in order to kill him you would have to cause his heart to stop or something which could be caused by a hard enough punch to the chest, breaking several rib bones and whatnot, and i'm no expert but that seems a bit too strong.

I'll allow him to dodge the darkside-ish thing because he used magic, but not taking a single hit? Like I'm pretty good at kingdom hearts but a darkside is a tough opponent for someone not trained to fight it. He can win and thats all good, but like I said in the opening post, them taking hits is good story telling.

As for the rest of it, his personality isn't going to get along well with the Gotei 13 squad captain, but thats good and I haven't explained why so it will be an interesting reveal.

So I guess uh... revise a litte? I know its weird having to tweak a pre made character for a new world, but I think Check could be a good addition to squad 13.

When I say a single punch I do mean in the face, though I probably should specify a man of his size. I can edit the language to reflect that.

As for not taking any damage, I didn't include any because the creatures are at a notable setting disadvantage. Check knows the lay of the land, and has nearly 15 years of combat experience, which is close to how long some characters have been alive. The massive creature for example is fairly restricted in where it can go on the narrow streets, something that differs from all the darkseid fights in kh. Check's main goal is to avoid taking damage, since he is ultimately (without his magic) a normal human, and he understands his fragility as such. (Think a Darksouls player). In worlds other than his own, he won't do as well, and he doesn't have experience dealing with others that have magic or superhuman abilities.

TheSignWriter

Forever is an illusion.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
Welp, worked on this for a bit. Still a WIP since I haven't proof-read it and I need to make it longer, but I'm gonna go ahead and post it since I need to save it. My fallout 4 just finished updating, gonna go play that survival mode ^^
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Oddball_

Years

I know its still a WIP, but there is something I can already point out, the organization is a new thing, less than a year old. It was only formed after the darkness attacked the main organization world of sanctuary which happened two years ago.

TheSignWriter

Forever is an illusion.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
I know its still a WIP, but there is something I can already point out, the organization is a new thing, less than a year old. It was only formed after the darkness attacked the main organization world of sanctuary which happened two years ago.

ah, thats why I said it was WIP, silly me. ;o easily worked around tho, so I'll do that whenever I put down fallout. probably next year cx

Oddball_

Years
ah, thats why I said it was WIP, silly me. ;o easily worked around tho, so I'll do that whenever I put down fallout. probably next year cx

I'm would jokingly criticize you for slacking and not working on your SU but its fallout and gods only know how many days I spent in new vegas. <3

Back