• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga MERCH THREAD (Not Just for New Merch!)

Years
  • Film is from 1980 and the series is from 2007, if there are screens on the back then you'll be able to tell. Very different art styles.

Whilst I did prefer the film it is pretty surprising how underwatched the series is.

Aired in a beast of a season. http://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2007/spring

Looked at the back and spotted a copyright date of 1980 for the film and a run time of 112 minutes. There's no doubt this is the film now.

Also, that was a hell of a season.

Also, I've got book 5 (volumes 9 & 10) of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer on the way. Looking forward to finding out how it ends as well as being able to knock a series off of my "currently reading" list that's extremely long.

Last edited:
    Years
  • *bump* because it's been a week and I've got a new book in:

The final book of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (volumes 9 & 10)
    Spoiler:

Looking forward to reading the finale of the series in the near future.

I also got email notice this morning that my Hotaru nendo I preordered back in October is finally shipping now, so that should be in within the next week, as will volume 6 of Arpeggio of Blue Steel.

Now here's hoping both of my April preorders ship earlier in the month rather than later. My Renge nendo and my Nico Yazawa Picnic Girl ver figures are my expected April arrivals, and Renge's arrival was already pushed back a month as it is.

Years
  • Been a couple weeks and I've gotten more stuff in those weeks!

Arpeggio of Blue Steel volume 6 arrived:
    http://i.imgur.com/4HpQVHHh.jpg

And so did UQ Holder volume 7 (forgot to snap a pic).

I also ordered a Weiss Schwarz Trial Deck for the Love Live! School Idol Festival set:
    http://i.imgur.com/P9mEcMYh.jpg

And my Hotaru Ichijo Nendo arrived:
    http://i.imgur.com/iWzFu5Mh.jpg

And lastly, inside the box with the Hotaru nedo was a button for DRRR!! x2, included as a freebie by TOM:
    http://i.imgur.com/LRpDfOnh.jpg

I don't expect anything to arrive this week or next, but Anime Detour (a local anime convention) is from April 22 to April 24, so I'll probably have some merch from that!

Years
  • I was at a local convention this past weekend and had a haul. Albums sorted by booth of origin, and albums in link form as to not kill bandwidth for less fortunate PC users:

Local Comic Shop's Booth. Goodnight Punpun vol 1 highlights this group.

Local Game Store's Booth. Racing Miku 2014 ver highlights this group.

Local Anime Store's Booth. Ace figurine from a grab bag highlights this group.

Booth 4. Index Miracle of Endymion movie poster highlights this group.

Booth 5. Adult Mikuru and Azusa forming an "N" with her hands highlight this group of 20 items.

Booth 6. A handmade one-off Railgun figurine highlights this set.

Artist Alley Pickups! Highlighted on the non-Pokemon side by a group shot of Muse from Love Live! in ninja gear.

Booth 7. Snow Halation Nico and 5th Anniversary Azusa star equally in this one.

And then a Touhou CD from New Year's 2009.

Probably altogether too much bought this year.

Years
  • *bump again*

I'm pretty sure I have a spending problem, y'all.

A Certain Magical Index (manga) volume 5 arrived in the mail Friday.
    Spoiler:

And then as part of a shopping trip day, I picked up Princess Jellyfish omnibus 1:
    Spoiler:

I'm in for some fun reading once I actually get to these books in my reading backlog.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Whelp.

Some Nendoroids (Ahri, Shirley, Kuroneko, Saber Nero and still in the box, God Madoka) while accompanied with some Pokemon related stuff.
    Spoiler:

Blizzard, when will you allow Good Smile to create Overwatch related Nendoroids. I want my D.VA and Mei nendos plz. Also, i had to get Ahri out of the box because my bronze-tier of an AC unit started to drip water.. it was so harmful to the box.

Years
  • Arpeggio of Blue Steel volume 7 arrived last week, but I forgot to post it, whoops:

Spoiler:

Whelp.

Some Nendoroids (Ahri, Shirley, Kuroneko, Saber Nero and still in the box, God Madoka) while accompanied with some Pokemon related stuff.
    Spoiler:

Blizzard, when will you allow Good Smile to create Overwatch related Nendoroids. I want my D.VA and Mei nendos plz. Also, i had to get Ahri out of the box because my bronze-tier of an AC unit started to drip water.. it was so harmful to the box.

Nice little collection you've got there! Almost makes me want to get a group shot of all my figurines. Problem with that is I kinda don't have the space to set all of them up.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Nice little collection you've got there! Almost makes me want to get a group shot of all my figurines. Problem with that is I kinda don't have the space to set all of them up.

Thanks ^^ I was lucky that my room's study table, which also doubles as where my laptop's stationed, had enough room.

I'll assume you have a large collection of both nendoroids and other figurines.

I'm saving up for one that has really struck me:
    Spoiler:

This bassy was lucky.. I'll get my chance soon..

Also, not entirely sure if these count as anime/manga related merch but:
    Spoiler:

Yep, those "How to Draw Manga" books. things i collected WAY WAY Back in high school and used quite well during my early 1st college days. Oh and i have that Otakuzine that i bought years ago as well. It was covering Fate/Zero at the time, so of course i got it. But i wonder where that free poster went T_t

Years
  • I went out this weekend to a few different places. The first place was Mall of America for a bit of Pokemon Go and to visit a couple of stores. I only got Pokemon merch at those stores and I'll be posting those pics in the Pokemon merch thread. Most of my anime-related hauls are from Barnes & Noble:

I bought 6 manga volumes my first stop at the store (Pokemon Adventures HGSS 1 and 2, plus Orange omni 1, Fruits Basket Collector's Edition 1, Nichijou 1, and Nozaki-kun 3:
    http://imgur.com/a/958Y1

I decided to explore the store a bit later and came up with 6 figurines, all of which were very unexpected finds for Barnes & Noble (3 Love Live figurines I didn't have, plus 3 Sailor Moon figurines that I didn't have):
    http://imgur.com/a/Ol0wp

I went out to play some Pokemon Go before coming back for Barnes & Noble's manga event at 7 PM. I grabbed 9 books this third and final stop (Handa-kun 1, Yuki-chan 9, Railgun 11, Nichijou 2 & 3, Non Non Biyori 3, Accelerator 3, Jojo Part 1 volume 1, and Saekano 2:
    http://imgur.com/a/dtV0w

And on my way out the door I grabbed all of the freebies they were giving away:
    http://imgur.com/a/p9ihc

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • i have no excuses :)

my manga + one movie, sorry for bad photos:
    http://imgur.com/a/2LH3A

I mostly buy things for collection purposes, and to support the shows I like; the only one I buy to read is the Tart Magica one, and the Idolmaster ones. I read everything else online/watched the anime and I like supporting stuff I like. I'm also a HUGE book collector, not just with manga... oh gosh.

so many more volumes I wanna buy, but I think the next one might be Orange, as I really enjoyed reading it. I stopped for a while, that's why my collection is kinda small. there are a lot of Japanese stores so that's why some of them aren't in English.

I wish I could buy some figures but I'm not ready for that kind of ridicule yet :p my friends don't really know I like anime. I would love an Uzuki or Yuuki Yuuna one <3

Last edited:
    Years
  • poke[/SPOILER]

Hey, Xin, I thought you'd be interested in a little group shot I got of some of my figurines. Specifically the Love Live! ones that weren't already packed away. It turns out I had more than just the ones in my shot that I hadn't packed away, as I found my Nico Yazawa Picnic version figure and an Umi Sonoda Training Outfit Nendo after I had already taken the pic:

Spoiler:

Yep, those "How to Draw Manga" books. things i collected WAY WAY Back in high school and used quite well during my early 1st college days. Oh and i have that Otakuzine that i bought years ago as well. It was covering Fate/Zero at the time, so of course i got it. But i wonder where that free poster went T_t

i have no excuses :)

my manga + one movie, sorry for bad photos:
    http://imgur.com/a/2LH3A

I mostly buy things for collection purposes, and to support the shows I like; the only one I buy to read is the Tart Magica one, and the Idolmaster ones. I read everything else online/watched the anime and I like supporting stuff I like. I'm also a HUGE book collector, not just with manga... oh gosh.

so many more volumes I wanna buy, but I think the next one might be Orange, as I really enjoyed reading it. I stopped for a while, that's why my collection is kinda small. there are a lot of Japanese stores so that's why some of them aren't in English.

I wish I could buy some figures but I'm not ready for that kind of ridicule yet :p my friends don't really know I like anime. I would love an Uzuki or Yuuki Yuuna one <3

Those photos aren't so bad. They aren't studio quality, but they're definitely not bad. Granted, my standards are pretty low since the only camera I own is the one on my cell phone, haha.

You seem like you have fantastic tastes based off of your manga selection, ahaha. I own and have read every one of the English books you have save for the Tart Magica, School Live, and later Fairy Tail volumes you have (at least, I'm pretty sure I don't own Tart Magica yet; I'm terrible at keeping track of what I own even with using a spreadsheet to track it all). I like your choice in the Japanese volumes, too, at least of the ones I recognize (Railgun, Accelerator, TTGL, and Barakamon).

Did you wind up getting Orange? I picked up the first English omnibus volume, in the post before yours, but I still haven't gotten around to reading it.

Careful about diving into the figure side of things. I've found that once you start it can be hard to reign in spending on collecting them.

Also, I wound up picking up a couple figures at Barnes & Noble on Saturday. A Sailor V S.H. Figuarts figure and a Sailor Moon Figuarts ZERO Sailor Moon Crystal figure. Seems Barnes & Noble has taken to starting to stock higher-grade anime figures now and not just the Funko Pop figures.

Spoiler:

With the above two figures, I think Sailor Moon took over the second rank for the franchise/series that i have the most non-Pokemon figures for. Before that, I think Umaru-chan or K-On! were in second place.

... and according to what I've actually entered into My Figure Collection's tracker, I own 57 anime figures now. I think that number's short by 5 or 6, but I don't feel like unpacking everything to check.

Years
  • i have 4 Maki figures (soon will have 5), 2 Maki Nendroids, 1 mini maki figure, and a Honoka figure (big sis didnt know which character i liked) as for CD's i have Maki Nishikino: scarlett princess, Snow halation, wonderful rush, music s.t.a.r.t and Natsuiro Egao de 1,2, Jump! (all love live stuff)

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • I have a manga collection that is a decent size (450+ volumes) that I have been slowly building up over the years. My most recent purchases were Ayako, Toriko 1-5, Gundam origins vol 1, Spice and wolf light novel 1-4.

I like figurines but have yet to purchase any...I just don't have the space for them on my book shelves. I don't have much anime in my collection either, but I plan on getting some more eventually. The anime I do have is mainly Studio Ghibli movies, Naruto, various Pokemon movies on vhs lol.

Years
  • I have a manga collection that is a decent size (450+ volumes) that I have been slowly building up over the years. My most recent purchases were Ayako, Toriko 1-5, Gundam origins vol 1, Spice and wolf light novel 1-4.

I like figurines but have yet to purchase any...I just don't have the space for them on my book shelves. I don't have much anime in my collection either, but I plan on getting some more eventually. The anime I do have is mainly Studio Ghibli movies, Naruto, various Pokemon movies on vhs lol.

I'm interested in seeing pics of that manga collection as a manga collector myself.

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • I'm interested in seeing pics of that manga collection as a manga collector myself.

I think I have around 150-180 volumes on shelf (that's including volumes in omnibus format) The rest is currently in storage from my recent move across country. I need to do some reorganizing and figure out a way to make my small room space work, as well as buy a few shelves to replace the ones I left behind. I currently have my second shelf dedicated to novels and what not. I'll update as soon as I get it all worked out.

Anyway here's some pics of what I have unpacked/recently picked up. There's some manga in my car, scattered in backpacks and bathroom as well but I'm too lazy to round it all up :3

Attachments

• IMG_11511.jpg
      IMG_11511.jpg
      137.8 KB · Views: 13
    • IMG_11411.jpg
      IMG_11411.jpg
      142.9 KB · Views: 11
    • IMG_11421.jpg
      IMG_11421.jpg
      177 KB · Views: 9
    • IMG_11431.jpg
      IMG_11431.jpg