• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bulletin Board + PC Daily

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
  • Fig. 1.1

Spoiler: hnngg
    315b61515e.png

Fig 1.2

Spoiler: HNNNGGGGGG
    fed43ea0a4.png

Fig 1.3

Spoiler: REEEEEEEEEE
    3VH9gZX.jpg

p.s. I really love the idea and I'm definitely not saying it should be changed or removed, I'm just asking if there is some sort of way to make the two align properly in terms of height because this is giving me lowkey OCD kthxbai

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Just gonna leave this here - apparently it's coming soon™.

e: wait, no, that was just in reference to it being made collapsible. In that case as I said in the other thread I agree with this and it'd be nice to have this fixed since it's really ugly.

Years
  • I can definitely see your problem. Hopefully it will be improved because to me it looks a bit weird at the moment seeing two compressed colums like that. At least the higher-ups are going to look into it.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Don't think they should be side by side. One should be below the other.

I think if it's one below the other the "importance" of it will be lost, as it will seem to look like just another forum area of its below The Bulletin Board. By putting it next to announcements it emphasizes and promotes more imo.

+1 for the notion to make the margins the same for the boards, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noted that lol.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    just a idea, what if we just got rid of them and replaced them with a scrolling headline banner at the top of the page?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen today
    I think it would be neat if they could be put into one box together (mixing the daily and bulletin articles), if they simply must be at the top at all.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I think if it's one below the other the "importance" of it will be lost, as it will seem to look like just another forum area of its below The Bulletin Board. By putting it next to announcements it emphasizes and promotes more imo.

+1 for the notion to make the margins the same for the boards, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noted that lol.

This kinda raises the point for me though, why is Daily considered of equal importance as the entire forums' goings-on? Realistically, as I mentioned in the other thread, Daily doesn't hold relevance to the entire community whereas the Bulletin Board may well do. The initiative for Daily promotion that's going on is great but it isn't nearly of the same importance as the forum itself, so I don't really see an issue with it being "demoted" below the Bulletin Board.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • This kinda raises the point for me though, why is Daily considered of equal importance as the entire forums' goings-on? Realistically, as I mentioned in the other thread, Daily doesn't hold relevance to the entire community whereas the Bulletin Board may well do. The initiative for Daily promotion that's going on is great but it isn't nearly of the same importance as the forum itself, so I don't really see an issue with it being "demoted" below the Bulletin Board.

Personally? I can't speak for the coders of the site, but I want to say it's because it's because it's still part of the social iniative promotion that's going on with the site (I.e YouTube, Facebook etc.) Because Daily falls into the "social media" category of these other outlets, an argument could be made to just slide all article publications into the Bulletin Board. However, because the publications are made so frequently, I think as a result it would hide all of the site announcements like updates, events, and so on and so forth.

While it is possible to integrate Daily into the Bulletin Board, it makes more sense to make it it's own section entirely, but also put it at the top of the page to create equality amongst the other social media platforms out there. Promotion and awareness is what it's aiming for, and even though the format is a little bit off, I think it's thus achieving that with the current organization.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • But all the other social media platforms are at the bottom of the forum with barely any visibility, so it seems a bit weird Daily would deserve extra promotion over any of those.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • But all the other social media platforms are at the bottom of the forum with barely any visibility, so it seems a bit weird Daily would deserve extra promotion over any of those.

YouTube gets a tiny little button at the bottom of the page so I don't know if it's really equal as such. :x It's worth considering how much time goes into videos, and that's just one part of the social media project.

I'm not too fussed anyways, but let's not forget that now our YouTube videos will be receiving even less promotion on the community what with only three threads being visible in the Bulletin. This is a bit of a shame.
    True. Then maybe a middle ground can be met. In the end, I'm with you in the fact that a social media platform shouldn't get extra exposure if just as equal amount of work is put into a channel. And trust me when I say I understand that you guys put in a hell of a lot of work into those videos.

The only other explanation I have is maybe because Daily is the new thing that they are trying to create more initial exposure to the site? Then it would mesh into the BB? Who knows, I'm just a writer lol *shrugs*

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed the misalignment. It has literally been bothering me ever since they introduced it :(

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think if it's one below the other the "importance" of it will be lost, as it will seem to look like just another forum area of its below The Bulletin Board. By putting it next to announcements it emphasizes and promotes more imo.

The Bulletin Board *is* more important than whatever is happening on our news site.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • The Bulletin Board *is* more important than whatever is happening on our news site.

Okay? I never suggested that the Bulletin Board was of a lesser entity than the news site so I don't know where that's coming from...if you read my sequential posts than you'd know all I suggested was that they were trying just to promote a new entity in a way that would gain more attention and traction. Never did I say that the paper was more important than the BB and nor do I think that. But I do believe that the best way for the paper to gain traction is to put it up there with the BB as it is more likely to be seen than say blogs at the bottom of the page for example. Whether or not that's the right thing to do as the site contains other social media presences, that's not for me to decide.

Back