• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The fun while it lasted

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • So the Gira-O suspect test was confirmed to be a prank, as I hoped. It was really funny though. This was the team I used on the suspect ladder, will update it tomorrow with pics and full details and stuff like that.

530.gif
    slowbro-mega.gif
    625.gif
    giratina-origin.gif
    ferrothorn.gif
    248.gif

530.gif

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Sand Rush
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Swords Dance

Excadrill is the team's spinner as well as late-game cleaner. Since I saw Giratina-O on about 80% of the teams I faced, I realized I was in need of SD to break through it, since at +2 it 2HKOes all variants except for CroTina (which can be defeated at +4). It also doubles up as a Sand Rush abuser, and is hard to stop unless the opponent has Rotom-W or Slowbro or some bulky water. Air Balloon is chosen to avoid Earthquakes.

slowbro-mega.gif

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Psyshock
    - Slack Off
    - Flamethrower

Not sure if RestTalk is better but since Giratina-O already runs it, I don't really want to have Sleep Talk select Rest too many times, so using Slack Off instead. This also gives me a slot for Flamethrower, which kills Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, as well as some Grass-types.

625.gif

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Defiant
    EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Sucker Punch
    - Iron Head
    - Knock Off
    - Pursuit

With an Assault Vest, Bisharp is able to checkmate Lati@s and Starmie, as well as threaten Gengar without Focus Blast. It also takes advantage of Defog, which is highly appreciated since this team uses both Stealth Rock and Spikes.

giratina-origin.gif

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Def / 248 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Dragon Tail
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

So here it is, the "suspect". Its moveset allows it to abuse the entry hazards placed by Tyranitar and Ferrothorn, and is a great partner to them in general. Its specially defensive spread allows it to lol at almost everything that doesn't hit it super effectively. In fact, it can take a Hyper Voice from Mega Gardy provided SR is off the field. Dragon Tail is the most important move on this set, allowing Giratina-O to lol at set-up sweepers, but more importantly to shuffle the opponent's team and slowly beat it. Even with its low BP, Shadow Sneak is still decently powerful and allows Gira-O to pick off stuff weakened enough from SR and Spikes. RestTalk is not that reliable but is Gira-O's best form of recovery imo, as Pain Split sucks even with the HP stat uninvested.

ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
    Impish Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    - Protect
    - Leech Seed

Provides Spikes support and beats fairies that are immune to Gira-O's Dragon Tail. Since I saw lots of Magnezone on the suspect ladder (and most of them are paired with Fairy-types that carry a Fire-type move), I started to run Shed Shell on Ferro.

248.gif

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Crunch / Dark Pulse
    - Stone Edge
    - Ice Beam

Aaaand probably the most important member of the team, T-tar, sets up SR and provides sandstorm support for Excadrill. It's also a decent check to Giratina-O, especially if it has Dark Pulse for WoW variants. Aside from this, Tyranitar can also check Talonflame easily, while Ice Beam takes out Gliscor and Lando-T.

Last edited:
    Back