• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Original] A Blade in the Dark

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
  • Talon, that's what they call me. My blades strike deep like the talons of an eagle, and render their target hopeless. I didn't want to be this way, but here in Noxus, you do what you have to to survive. Some call me a thief, some call me a murderer, some call me a sinner. I don't care what you call me, don't cross me, or you'll find my blades buried in your heart. If you manage to live and tell the tale, I will find you, and I will cut your throat a pig. Talon. Ha, I'm starting to grow accustomed to it.

You want to know why I'm like this? I'll tell you why, because Noxus is a horrible, wretched place. You can't trust anyone, not even yourself. You can't leave, the Du Couteaus won't let you. If you run, Katarina will find you. "Run, while you can!", she always says. The blade-spinning child of steel, as I call her. You can't break her will, even if you had the time. She started "Talon". She found one my first victims, and then another, and another. Soon, she noticed the pattern. The same type of blade, every time. The same cut marks. Raked to death by a volley of blades. That's how I do it. The blades on the end of my cape are attached to ropes. I grab the ropes, throw them out, and pull them back in, safely returning them to the back of my cape in a split second. The victim is shredded and killed in less than a second. No time to react. Clean? Haha, hell no. Fun? Hell yes. Well, Katarina found multitudes of dead Noxians just like that. She called them "Murders of Talon". Posters sprang up about me, painting me as a mass murderer, codenamed "The Talon of Evil". People got tired of calling me "The Talon of Evil", so they shortened it to "Talon". I kinda like it. Anyways, you can't run from Noxus. Katarina will find you. There's no where to run anyways. Where are you going to go? Piltover? Demacia? Bandle City? Zaun? None of them will except you. Noxians aren't allowed anywhere else.

In Noxus, only the strong survive. The strongest rise to power, regardless of race, age, or sex. It doesn't matter who you are, so long as you are strong. I almost wish I could have been like that dead girl Riven. She was a born fighter. She learned to hold a longsword when she was barely as tall as it. However, I wasn't raised like that. I wasn't admitted into the Crimson Elite because the High Command found me worthy. I fought my way in. Riven may be dead now, but her legacy will live on. She's the only victim that ever got away from me. However… I swear I saw her running from Ionia, being chased by a man I've now learned is named Yasuo. I can't remember why I was out there, but it was by the order of General Du Couteau, Katarina's father. I must have been having a vision. Riven is dead. She died in the Noxian and Zaun siege of Ionia. Maybe I'm just going crazy, if I'm not already. I lived in the slums of Noxus. I stole to survive. I murdered to survive. I held my first blade moments before I cut my "friend" Kavyn's throat. Kavyn betrayed me. We had a simple plan. He would create a distraction, I would steal the food. Kavyn gave the signal, and and so I started taking the food. Kavyn never created the distraction, I got caught. I was chased through the slums until I finally found the door deep into the darkness of the sewers. I crawled around until I felt the steep slope that lead to the room that Kavyn and I had found down there. I slipped in and found him standing there with a match. He caught the pile of trash in the corner on fire so we could see. I lost the bag of stolen food while running, so I went hungry that night. Kavyn didn't go hungry. He slipped away instead of creating a distraction to steal two blades that we could sell. He held the blades out in the dark room. The fire in the corner of the room glistened off their shining, worn blades. I reached out and grabbed one, completely blotting out everything that Kavyn was saying. I could feel power in the blade. I could instantly feel that it was unbalanced. The blade had three notches in it.... 1....2....3..... The handle was splintered and shattered. Kavyn stopped talking, and went to grab the last potato out of our crate of food. I felt empowered by the blade. I felt stronger, faster, and…. happier. I dashed forward, and in an instant Kavyn turned around, and in the split second before my blade cut his throat, I caught his eyes. Fear. That was all I saw. He betrayed me. I enjoyed his fear. From then on, I swore to never kill in the name of anyone. Quickly, this changed.

My speedy mastery of the blade marked me as a threat. Noxian guilds sent assassins to me with an offer: Be killed, or join their ranks. I dumped their bodies into the Noxian Moats as my response. The assassination attempts came faster and more often, until I finally met my match. One assassin asked me, "Life, or death." I quickly drew my blades and was disarmed and knocked flat by the assassin. I was in pure shock, I did not know what had happened. The assassin revealed himself. General Du Couteau himself had been sent to assassinate me. He gave me an offer. "Die now and have your body dumped into the Noxian Moat, or join the ranks of Noxian High Command." I chose life, under one condition. My blade ONLY served General Du Couteau. I only serve those that can best me. I was accepted into the Noxian High Command. My name was asked, and to be completely honest, I never knew my parents. I never had a name. Kavyn never called me by name, he never addressed me in a way that he would need to, so I never had a reason for a name. As I said, Katarina had codenamed me "Talon". Katarina intervened and simply said, "That is Talon." The High Command looked surprised. They did not expect someone under 20 - I was 16 at the time - to be accepted. The only one younger than me was Riven, when she was 11. How an 11 year old girl was ever so successful with a blade, I'll never know. Riven and Katarina never really knew each other. General Du Couteau chose to stay away from Riven. I was put into the Crimson Elite, however I still only served Du Couteau. Anyone else who tried to give me orders failed, and they found my blade in their hearts.

I served Du Couteau for years. I stayed in the shadows, carrying out secret assassination missions that took me from the coldest places of the Freljord, to the inner sanctums of Bandle City. I served him until the day he disappeared. With his disappearance, I vanished too. I've spent the last year or so trying to find him. I've not given up hope, and I no longer sell my hand to anyone. I still kill in his name. He spared my life, I owe him. I owe Katarina her father. She's a good person, she deserves him. I WILL find Du Couteau. Just like everyone else, I will find him. You can not run from me. I am the Blade's Shadow.

Katarina says the three greatest blademasters in all of Valoran are herself, her father, and myself. The House of Du Couteau will be honored in my name.

Maybe I'm crazy. Really, I'm almost certain I am. However, I will not consider my service done until I find his body, even if it takes me hundreds of years. In the League, I am immortal. I will find his body, and I will deliver it to Katarina. She joined the League much before me. She will stay with me forever, she said. However, I must work alone. I can not have her distracting me from my hunting. Not even Rengar, the "Master Hunter" could track me if I decided to disappear again. You can't see a blade in the dark. Haha, or at least not until I rip out your heart with it. Anyone that tries to stop me? Well, haha, their bones will whet my blade. I would even spill the blood of Du Couteau if they tried to stop, I don't care who it is. Their allegiances mean nothing to me. I will not be stopped. My mission is clear. If you get in my way, you will die by the razor's edge.

So here I am. A 22 year old assassin who is going crazy. I don't know who I am anymore. I've murdered in every city and every town. I've murdered innocent people in cold blood just for the rush. Killing really takes a toll on a man. You lose who you truly are, for when you kill, you kill a part of yourself. I wasn't a born killer. I was turned into a methodical mass murdering assassin by that traitor Kavyn! I can not forgive him. He almost cost me my life.

You know what someones face looks like before they die? Neither do I. After killing Kavyn, I can't look my victims in the eyes. The fear, it was good from Kavyn, he had done something wrong. The people I'm killing? I don't know what they've done, all I know is that they must die. So I kill them, but I never see their face. I used to hate killing, but now I enjoy it. I guess that's what they call a psychopath. Look me in the eyes. Do I look like a psychopath?

A Blade in the Dark
    A Blade in the Dark

Yes? I do? Wrong choice. I thought I said don't cross me.

Last edited:
    Back