• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2014
    How do I make it so the following only happens once? I think I set the flags wrong?

Code:
    '---------------
    #org 0x2DD19C
    checkflag 0x1000
    if 0x0 goto 0x2DD1C2
    end

#org 0x2DD1AC
    = Wait...what was that!?

#org 0x2DD1C2
    special 0x136
    pause 0x30
    msgbox 0x2DD1AC 0x6
    setflag 0x1000
    return

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • How do I make it so the following only happens once? I think I set the flags wrong?

Code:
    '---------------
    #org 0x2DD19C
    checkflag 0x1000
    if 0x0 [B]call[/B] 0x2DD1C2
    [B]release[/B]
    end

#org 0x2DD1AC
    = Wait...what was that!?

#org 0x2DD1C2
    special 0x136
    pause 0x30
    msgbox 0x2DD1AC 0x6
    setflag 0x1000
    return

You put goto and then return, but you can't return from goto. This means that script never ends and it will repeat. I'll change the goto to call. Put a release just incase.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2014
    Ah, I see. Thanks Pokepal; it works. But sadly still no earthquake animation; Day 2, and I still can't get it right. I hear the ARGHH Earthquake sound, but its very fast and for a second, but no earthquake animation.

:(

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Ah, I see. Thanks Pokepal; it works. But sadly still no earthquake animation; Day 2, and I still can't get it right. I hear the ARGHH Earthquake sound, but its very fast and for a second, but no earthquake animation.

:(
    You need variables to affect the power.

Put these before the special

setvar 0x8004 0xF
    setvar 0x8005 0xF
    setvar 0x8006 0xF
    setvar 0x8007 0xF

This should make a strong Earthquake. Experminent with those var values to make the eathquakes stringer/weaker :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2014
    I'm getting ever so close with your help...pal. One last problem; the earthquake happens(finally, thank you), but it doesn't stop lmao! Keeps happening. Mind having the final patience with me and showing me how to stop it after it's rumble?

juuska

Beginner Spriter
    Years
  • Is it possible to do script that when you use DIG on specified block, it will make hole where you can jump to on it?

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
    Years
  • I'm planning a script that will give you beldum is this script is ok? and how can I use this on the advance map?

#dyn 0x800000
    #org @start
    checkflag 0x828
    if 0x1 jump @end
    addpokemon BELDUM 398 20 Oran Berry 139 0 0 0
    setflag 0x828
    end
    #org @end
    end

Last edited:

Attilas

Anime-paradise.info Owner.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    Game : Fire red
    Editor i use : Pokescript
    Type : Mission.Use of flags mainly.

First of all this is pokescript.

So i got into scripting as well.I need some help here.
    Spoiler:

I can't post a video cause i can't post links yet.So well when i get to 15 posts i will be i think.
    P.S. this is just a base the 1st draft i am gonna use.The aide is standing in front of a staircase.Maybe i will add a move script in order to be really able to go upstairs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2014
    I'm planning a script that will give you beldum is this script is ok? and how can I use this on the advance map?

#dyn 0x800000
    #org @start
    checkflag 0x828
    if 0x1 jump @end
    setflag 0x828
    end
    #org @end
    end

Use it like this:
    Spoiler:

HOW TO USE IT:
    To use it, COMPILE it with XSE or PKSV, find the first offset in the compilation log, and copy it without the $. Go to-->AdvanceMap, click on the person who you want to give you the pokemon, in his/her OFFSET box, paste the offset you just copied. Remember to keep the $ there!

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I'm planning a script that will give you beldum is this script is ok? and how can I use this on the advance map?

#dyn 0x800000
    #org @start
    checkflag 0x828
    if 0x1 jump @end
    setflag 0x828
    end
    #org @end
    end

What script editor are you using? If you tell me that, I can get this script working easy!
    (ElusionM you are wrong, you only fixed a few problems)

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2014
    I meant:

#dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x828
    if 0x0 goto @give
    end

#org @give
    givepokemon 398 20 139 0 0 0
    setflag 0x828

And obviously the MSG/buffers. Using msgbox 0x6(common) for each buffer. From there I believe he knows how to place buffers, thats why I didn't fully write it out for him; only fixed the most obvious mistakes.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I meant:

#dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x828
    if 0x0 goto @give
    end

#org @give
    givepokemon 398 20 139 0 0 0
    setflag 0x828

And obviously the MSG/buffers. Using msgbox 0x6(common) for each buffer. From there I believe he knows how to place buffers, thats why I didn't fully write it out for him; only fixed the most obvious mistakes.

I was going to say, haha!
    I am glad you fixed all of them, this IS the script help thread, and for all we know, the person who wrote the script does not know exactly how to do all of that... When you fix all the errors, then it is sure to work out fine, instead of fixing some of them, and having the person return and be like "WTF Y U NOT FIX THIS?!"

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2014
    Yeah, you're right, but the last time I had anything to do with hacking/scripting was 2007, my JOIN DATE: July 2007. I quit around September 2007, and now returned in april 2009! I forgot so much, and everything is so much updated and the like, it's all so weird despite I knew all this stuff back 2-3 years ago.

I shouldn't have had quit. Unfortuantely, I did...

Attilas

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    really? pokescript causes bugs? man i didn't know that.but it checks automatically for offsets.how will i know on xse what offsets to use on XSE?Btw the ironic things is i use XSE editor to edit the scripts in insert in my roms XD

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • really? pokescript causes bugs? man i didn't know that.but it checks automatically for offsets.how will i know on xse what offsets to use on XSE?Btw the ironic things is i use XSE editor to edit the scripts in insert in my roms XD

Well, when you compile a script into XSE, it gives you a list of the #org @word you used, and it tells you where it insert them.
    For instance, I always start off my scripts with #org @start.
    SO, all I have to do, when I compile, I look for #org @start, and next to it, is an offset in my rom, then I just open it up in A-Map, and insert.

And DO NOT FORGET, if you use XSE, READ THE WHOLE GUIDE that comes with it, it might seem boring and pointless at first, but if you read the whole thing, you will understand ALOT more about using XSE, and scripting in general.

Attilas

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    well in concept they seem quite similar.I appreciate for giving me this info.I will check out XSE as soon as possible.But for now i will check something on pokescript.
    oh well Domo arigatou gozaimasu!
    Best Regards,
    Apostolis

P.S. wish me good luck i am participating in the Greek Tournament held by nintendo.gr
    for a shaymin.I hope i win it xD

P.S.2 now i have a problem.
    so here's the script in XSE :

Code:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x800305
    checkflag 0x3200
    if 0x1 goto 0x8800310
    release
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x800310
    applymovement 0x2 0x8800324
    waitmovement 0x0
    msgbox 0x880032B '"Hey [player]!How's my\nlittle grand..."
    callstd 0x6
    release
    end

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #org 0x800324
    #raw 62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
    #raw 11 'Step Up (Normal)
    #raw 11 'Step Up (Normal)
    #raw 13 'Step Right (Normal)
    #raw FE 'End of Movements

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x80032B
    = Hey [player]!How's my\nlittle grandson doing?

so when i step on the tile the grandpa doesn't walk to me but actually floats!maybe it's the overworld?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2014
    If my scripting skills are still as good and/or recovering even now:

^You missed some commands in the script. Here, the fixes are in bold(try if it works):

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back