• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

This whole wi-fi issue is getting more and more annoying.
    Can't change the settings for the transmitter because I can't sodding connect to it. And now the parents have thrown their hands into the air saying they don't care any more and it's up to me to fix this.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Our internet is a bit of a mess.

We have a router which connects to ethernet cables going through the house, to some stationary computers, the phones, the TiVo and so forth. One of these cables also connect to a Wi-Fi repeater (linksys WAP300n), which distributes Wi-Fi to our wireless devices.

Since a few days back some wireless devices have been randomly unable to access internet on the Wi-Fi network. Applies to different devices on an almost day-to-day basis. Then when I bought my Nexus 9 the day before yesterday I noticed it can't access to the network AT ALL. It just gets stuck in the connecting/saved state. It can connect to to my phone's mobile hotspot, but not to any other hotspot I've tried including of course the aforementioned. All of these failed networks have used WPA2-psk, which I think might be relevant.

I can't change or access the settings for the wireless network either, since barely anything seems to be able to access it at the moment, aside from a couple of iPhones.

Interestingly, I can't get it to factory reset either. ;P

I did reset the tablet however, but it made no difference. I might switch it in at a store for a new one and see if it connects to any other network.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years

Sounds like a problem I once had.

You say you couldn't factory reset the router?

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years

Yeah, I think I know what's going on. The refresh button pretty much does nothing. If you can't access it by subnet, try using the CMOS reset. You know, the paperclip reset? Unplugging for more than twenty seconds usually doesn't help.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

After a now successful reset, clean and unencrypted and all, it's still having the same problem. Which means it's not caused overloading I guess. Gonna try using a different cable and wall jack to see if those are the culprits, but after that point it might just be worth replacing the damn thing.

Yukari

Reminds me of the time that I was having Internet trouble and just couldn't fix it.

Turns out that it was a really stupid mistake.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back